All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Please note, the principle of using the button may be different. There are hardware buttons, they work correctly with Linux, there are "soft" buttons, they do not work well with Linux (supported only in Android firmware). What tasks do you plan to solve on this device ? With Tanix products I would recommend to be more careful, there may be problems with running Linux.
  3. I repeat my proposal to combine these two topics.
  4. Today
  5. I am asking about specific steps (instruction) for the end user so that he can run your image. An important fundamental difference between TV boxes (by the term TV box I mean all devices with built-in u-boot on eMMC or SPI) from the old variants of SBC , in the principles of starting the system. Khadas products belong to the category of TV boxes, with all the ensuing consequences in the development of systems for them. Again, how do you plan to run the system on Khadas products with AML chips (VIM 1 2 3)? By the way, the built-in u-boot gives a unique opportunity to use the TV boxes as a normal PC with the launch of the system from USB media. Given that modern chips support USB 3.0, which is significantly faster than SD cards, the use of USB to host the entire system is an important element. The ease of use of USB is many times higher than SD cards.
  6. Your first question: Although without a heatsink H6 boards easily go up to 70°C (still 10° behind throttling threshold), If you either install a fan or underclock the CPU to around 1.4 GHz, you can go 24/7 assuming there is no power outage or SW issue. Second: As you have already had a somehow similar server, you might know some issues that might happen, for example if you use microsdcard as your storage device, you won't get a super reliable server. (but I think using emmc might solve the problem) Another thing I noticed is that when I installed pihole, the lighttpd stopped working after sometime randomly (it only hurt the web ui, the dns service was still running) , and the problem didn't go when I replaced it with apache, even after I completely removed FTL from pihole, and installed WP for other stuff. This is somehow strange because for example this had never occurred to my BLYNK server or cockpit on my OPi lite 2 board. Third: If you mean the OPi3 board, I'm not sure about its USB hub status, but I have OPi Lite 2 and the USB 3 works just fine. I haven't tested the speed yet, and I don't know whether it is behaving just like USB 2 or is in SS mode but I assume it is running at SS mode, because the output of lsusb command recognizes it as USB 3. Summary: If you install proper heatsink and cooling fan you can run the server 24/7 as I have had an uptime of around three weeks with OPi lite 2, and I haven't experienced any serious issues, and issues I said above can differ case to case. I think the board can be a suitable replacement/upgrade over OPi zero
  7. This will almost certainly fail. Its not that simple. Sometimes you also need correct compiler (version), you might need to adjust u-boot environment or boot scripts if you haven't use ramdisk for booting or pack kernel differently ... who knows. You need to debug your creation. If you are new to this ARM/embedded world, build a kernel with our tools. Forget about previous x86 experiences for some time ... Build a kernel that we made available to build. Usually those are the only working variants! One old and one new, which is also usually still in development and can break. This is the case for RK3399. When you step out from predicted and well tested environment you are on your own. For free generic support there are slim chances. We already officially don't support things you are asking for (development for end user) since this type of support is extremely wasteful / expensive and if we want to clear out and help all before you ... waiting time would be measured in years. We simply have no resources and "you" don't pay to develop that kind of support. Step back, learn a bit and then try looking for borders.
  8. We need to fix kernel recompilation first. I tried to build 5.2.y and 5.3.y yesterday, but could not boot the board ... will debug perhaps later today or next week. Then Wireguard.
  9. S805X doesn’t support 4K, even if it works some time, it’s not stable enough to consider functional, I sent fixes to Da for that, but he’s still testing them. any (binary) edid dump would help ! and for 4K development, the hdmi2 yuv420 4k60 mode is only used on Cheap 4K TVs, workout this patchset you’ll have 4k30 just fine
  10. Taufan

Aml s905x

How can i turn on wifi on armnian 5.89 ubuntu bionic default 5.1.0 dekstop
  11. I have not been tracking the TV boxes topic, I more or less thought it had gone stale. Mainline support is fairly good, the addition of VIM 1 in existing Meson64-dev was very straightforward. I merged it due to the simplicity, and the fact it is more SBC than TV box, and @ning had put in the work.
  12. @customer001 Please send me private message with your details and order number. @pekkal Well based on the picture I can see cracks on the OLED display (bottom right corner of the diplay), so you might have tighten the screw a bit too hard and bend the PCB which can have effect on how operate the display. You can also send me private message and see what we can do.
  13. dump the EDID for all involved, that will probably be helpful
  14. 4.19.63 - http://ix.io/1T68 If I recall, it broke on the 4.19 bump...
  15. may I ask the relationship between BayLibre and Amlogic, I barely see engineers from Amlogic submit patches to Kernel community same as you. Only 4K failed. If you want to dicuss with @Neil Armstrong , my another 1080P Samsung TV, has issue with 1080P mode, for all kernels (Android, legacy, mainline), image is larger than screen, other modes works fine. other HDMI screen works fine.
  16. I would say yes, but BayLibre is also involved in the u-boot/kernel support of the Libre Computer boards, so I would guess all the current WIP is baked in. As far as it goes though, I set the resolution to 1024x768 and pluged it into my 4K screen and had no problem. Jumped it to 1080p, also no worry. Tried 4K and it failed. The bootloader started in 4k successfully a few times, so my assumption is it is attempting to use the recommended resolution it gets back from the monitor, only something is going wrong a lot of the time, whether it is the HDMI support itself *or* it is the clock source/divider.
  17. Armbian uses a single partition for everything for basic usability. Android has all of these split up into a whole bunch of partitions. https://source.android.com/devices/bootloader/partitions-images OTA updates and sandboxing make that better for Android, for us it's more practical to have a normal desktop-style configuration. A lot of burning tools for ARM set-top box processors though expect that android layout, so it makes burning our image difficult if not impossible.
  18. i have done copy the kernel modules with make modules_install . The problem is the bootloader. Can you help me with that ?
  19. Yesterday
  20. I'm reading @balbes150 threads and i'm a litle confusing, what's better multimedia build with complete graphic acceleration s905D mecool ki pro? thank you.
  21. @jernej - yes, i'll test it - i should have more time the next days - on my list: half dq u-boot test, uboot 2gb detection on eachlink, the above emmc patch and responding to the driv-devel list regarding the video= cmdline parser regression ... it is funny, i ran across this emmc fix for the h5 today as well and had in mind to test if it might apply to the h6 too
  22. @TonyMac32 I see armbian has an option to install itself totally in EMMC, once it has booted from an SD card. in that case, what kind of emmc partition structure did you choose to use and how different (and better?) is it compared to that android structure you mentionned ?
  23. Since I was thinking on buying this board to replace my Orange Pi Zero server I would like some questions to be answered about the current state of this board by the people who already own it and tested it. How is the thermal situation? Does it run too hot? Will a heatsink be enough to cool it down without throttling? Are there any serious stability issues currently with the software or complications (excluding the DTB stuff I already read about)? How reliable is the USB3 in this board? I was thinking on buying this board due to it's interesting price for USB3.
  24. Helios4 OLED I've just received my batch 3 Helios4 and gotten it running: moved drives, configured NFS, DLNA, SMB, FTP etc etc etc. Works beautifully and silently (especially when the drives spin down!). One issue though: the OLED display appears to be unreadable: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17EH_zAGJaqeO0TbMkG_gp6ENy8TnFhya/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y9MYaMlG0geIiBjJQx86xiZ21SF8EzOS/view?usp=sharing Any ideas what went wrong ... the installation of HW and SW seemed easy enough with the wiki instructions...
  25. I am answering my own question. I finally did play with the -a and -b options of squeezelite, and it seems that the option -a 400 does the trick, which is 400ms seconds of alsa buffer time, if I read the man page correctly. I have been listening to squeezelite for the last 10 minutes or so and did not have an interruption, so far. specifying a stream buffer with -b does not change anything (or only very marginally). So for me: To make squeezelite work well with spdif on a cubietruck (Allwinner A20 processor), I need to launch it as follows squeezelite -o hw:1 -a 400 To properly load it with systemd, the following lines need to be in /etc/default/squeezelite : SL_SOUNDCARD="hw:1" SB_EXTRA_ARGS="-a 400" Maybe it helps someone
  1. Load more activity