All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Magnets

H6 board low power consumption

On the PC2 I found the default governor (ondemand?) makes the freq spike too much, conservative prevents it from just hitting max freq every time you load it. I run conservative with an up_threshold of 50 (I think default is 25%) IIRC the parameter that allows it to consider IO as part of the load is not available on conservative so you lose a small amount of performance at the top end. If you're using USB wifi dongles it also doesn't want to increase freq in a hurry when running conservative.
  3. haajee

H6 Famous Reboot problem

I have tested with a 3.5" HDMI monitor and works correctly! When i connect my STB to the same HDMI port and cable on my TV is works also correctly...? Maybe could i look with the Agama software what i sometime use for work for IPTV stb if i see something different in resolution or HDCP or something.
  4. martinayotte

H6 Famous Reboot problem

I've tested with both my computer monitor, a Dell 23 inches, and with an small 10 inches LCD HDMI.
  5. martinayotte

Activate RTS CTS on serial port

Not yet ... But feel free to do your own build using the patch provided in attachment ... rs485-8250_dw.patch
  6. Today
  7. haajee

H6 Famous Reboot problem

I will investigate with another monitor and cable. Strangly the 'old' SD shows only u-boot (but more than nothing). You will hear from me
  8. GeorgeP

Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip

There's clearly more to this than it seems : I found this article from back in 2016, which then led me to here. And so now: george@orangepi3:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure iputils-ping george@orangepi3:~$ ls -l /bin/ping -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 73280 Aug 3 2018 /bin/ping george@orangepi3:~$ ping google.com PING google.com (216.58.208.174) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from lhr25s09-in-f174.1e100.net (216.58.208.174): icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=28.7 ms 64 bytes from lhr25s09-in-f174.1e100.net (216.58.208.174): icmp_seq=2 ttl=57 time=76.7 ms What the ???? The discussion thread goes on (and on..) but this is getting a bit beyond me
  9. martinayotte

H6 Famous Reboot problem

Me too, I'm running headless, but plugging an HDMI monitor is working for me, showing the login prompt in text mode. So, maybe it is a Monitor compatibility issue ...
  10. haajee

H6 Famous Reboot problem

Reboot works like a charm. IP adress did not change anymore! I am real happy. Only HDMI didn't work with the latest nightly but i use it headless so it's not a problem! Thank you very much for your great work!
  11. haajee

H6 Famous Reboot problem

It looks like it boots correctly. But there is no HDMI output. But with my prevorious distro there was HDMI output only in U-boot. I go try to find if the rest is working correctly. U downloaded Armbian_5.79.190419_Orangepioneplus_Ubuntu_bionic_dev_5.0.7 for the One Plus.
  12. Petee

research Tablet suggestions

Thank you JMCC.
  13. qblueRed42

pine64 are working on a tablet based on the orignal pine 64 board. you may want to look at some of the chromeOS tablets.
  14. I haven't tried, but if it is not already set to a different value in your config file, I guess it will also work.
  15. JMCC

There are currently no tablets supported by Armbian, so don't expect any to work out-of-the-box. If you are up to tinkering with things such as u-boot, wifi drivers, etc., in order to make it work yourself, then just look for some tablet with a SoC supported by Armbian, or with WIP images (RK3288 or RK3399 come to my mind as possible candidates).
  16. haajee

H6 Famous Reboot problem

I burn now a SD card with the latest nightly. Stay tuned ;)I used now a remote 433mhz socket to switch power off and on. :'-)
  17. martinayotte

H6 Famous Reboot problem

Yes !
  18. haajee

H6 Famous Reboot problem

If i understand correctly is the reboot problem and also the continuesly change of the mac/ip adress fixed? That makes my Orange Pi One Plus very usuable :) Thank you very much!
  19. Looking to purchase a tablet with Android to run Armbian Desktop on. Any suggestions? Looking at the FreakTab forum and see a bunch of tablets listed but no subtopics of removal of Android. Here I was able to install Ubuntu just fine on my Intel based Pipo X7.
  20. martinayotte

It is probably Buster related since my own Armbian image doesn't have the issue : root@orangepi3:~# uname -a Linux orangepi3 5.1.0-rc4-sunxi64 #5.78 SMP Fri Apr 12 15:02:40 EDT 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux root@orangepi3:~# ll /bin/ping -rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 65088 Nov 10 2016 /bin/ping*
  21. GeorgeP

I just went to build a new image for my OPi3 and found that the 'Buster' option has appeared - I just had to go for it! Everything seemed to have built OK and once I'd applied the WiFi 'fix' from here I was up and running. The issue I've found is that I was unable to ping anything : george@orangepi3:~$ ping 127.0.0.1 ping: socket: Operation not permitted This seems to be because the ping binary apparently should have the SUID bit set, so : george@orangepi3:~$ which ping /bin/ping george@orangepi3:~$ ls -l /bin/ping -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 73280 Aug 3 2018 /bin/ping george@orangepi3:~$ sudo chmod +s /bin/ping george@orangepi3:~$ ping 127.0.0.1 PING 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.118 ms 64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.127 ms ^C I don't know if this is an issue with the Armbian build process or perhaps it is being echoed from the Debian Buster sources, and so I'm not sure how/where is the correct place to report it
  22. martinayotte

MPC8308 DMA example

How those MPC8308 are related to Armbian ?
  23. AngeloB

H6 board low power consumption

Hi, I know that everything is Wip, and I'm ready to spend my time hoping to get something good, and yes principally is for educational purposes. I'm monitoring consumption with an USB tester (UM34), after PSU because I do not have a tester sensitive enough to value consumption with PSU. Now I'm going to study about DT and how to recompile u-boot to do some tests. Thanks for this hints
  24. Thanks for answering, that looks really interesting in fact. I will try to find the MIPS thread.
  25. Hi all, and first of all I want pay many thanks to authors and contributors for a great work on a Armbian itself and it's builder too. You rock, guys But a few days ago I ran into a problem with creating my own image. For these purposes, I use the custom-image.sh script. My goal is to preinstall the cups into my image. So, my modified script now looks like that: And when I run the compile.sh script, my compilation fails due unsuccessful installation of avahi-* packages with log below: Commonly, I'm using VirtualBox with Ubuntu 18.04 for compiling (but I tested it with Paralles and even Docker -- with the same result). Also I did not change the kernel configuration. Funny, looks like the problem only happens with avahi packages (I also tried, for example, to install Go project packages in the same way which was successful). If you have any glue (or maybe I need to write to another place; if so, please tell me which one) - you are awfully welcome! Also, feel free to ask for any additional information (I will deliver it ASAP). Here is some other information about my env below: My board: orangepizero (H2+ quad core 512MB SoC Wi-Fi/Ethernet) Target kernel branch: next (Mainline (@kernel.org) (4.x)) Target OS release: bionic (Ubuntu Bionic 18.04 LTS) Guest OS: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.0-47-generic x86_64) Host OS: Ubuntu 19.04 (GNU/Linux 5.0.0-13-generic x86_64) [VirtualBox (Version 6.0.6 r130049 (Qt5.12.2))] / MacOS Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226) [Parallels Desktop (Version 13.3.1 (43365))] Sincerely, Alex.
  26. koakh

X96 MAX (S905X2) with Armbian-ubuntu

Thanks @balbes150 Its seems a hard task! Maybe I wait for someone create a dtb for A95X Max..........or someone send me some links to start....maybe to start in first step.... 1. get the primary information to create an option for your model Thanks
  27. Is this a job interview?
  1. Load more activity