NanoPi R1 eMMC install failed

cmcgaha

I am having problems with the NanoPi R1. I loaded the latest Armbian for R1 on flash. All works good. I went to armbian-config to load into eMMC. The last step of the process had weird text on the dialog, I clicked "OK" anyway, and the process seemed to be working. But after removing uSD card and rebooting, the board does not work. The red led stays on solid.

Did anyone successfully burn the image from uSD to eMMC using the tool in armbian-config?

6 hours ago, cmcgaha said:

I am having problems with the NanoPi R1. I loaded the latest Armbian for R1 on flash. All works good. I went to armbian-config to load into eMMC. The last step of the process had weird text on the dialog, I clicked "OK" anyway, and the process seemed to be working. But after removing uSD card and rebooting, the board does not work. The red led stays on solid.

Did anyone successfully burn the image from uSD to eMMC using the tool in armbian-config?

eMMC was not tested, but I did it now and can confirm it doesn't work. Apparently I forgot to add eMMC support to u-boot. Will be fixed ASAP. 

Thank you! I downloaded the new image and it worked.

I still saw weird characters (is that ascii art?) on the dialog before starting the copy. But it worked.

I really appreciate your help!

12 hours ago, cmcgaha said:

I still saw weird characters (is that ascii art?) on the dialog before starting the copy. But it worked.

That's also fixed but will come with regular update since it's only a visual/cosmetic issue.