44 44
balbes150

Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW (aarch64 ARMv8)

Recommended Posts

Version 20200326.

Important.

The algorithm for enabling audio on AML has changed. now it happens automatically, you don't need to delete anything or run it manually. The system itself will try to activate the sound system correctly on the AML. Please note that this is a test version of the function and there may be failures in its operation.

 

If the sound is not earned when you first start, try to restart system, in some cases, the system does not manage to correctly turn on the sound when you first start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pay attention. On some models, the SPDIF output is enabled by default. to switch to the HDMI output, you need to select the correct configuration in the settings. By the way, not only stereo can be available, but also 5.1 and 7.1 options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, balbes150 said:

What system (firmware) is installed in eMMC ?

Stock Android 9 firmware

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Balbes

 

I'm trying to work around a problem with PHY on a GT1-A Ultimate (gxmm-q200) that used to work on older kernels but not in your last 5.6.0rc image. I'm getting sometimes:

 

[ 15.867041] meson8b-dwmac c9410000.ethernet eth0: no phy at addr -1

[ 15.867079] meson8b-dwmac c9410000.ethernet eth0: stmmac_open: Cannot attach to PHY (error: -19)

 

I'm using the correct DTB since I remember using it on older Kernel before your unified you builds; box uses an external PHY

 

Funny thing is if I boot with on old image of LE it works and after that it works with your latest image after a couple of reboots. Being an external PHY and seeing that DTS talks about a reset signal shared with some led the GT1 does not have a I think it may be the culprit.

 

Anyway, where is your Amlogic branch you're using ? 

 

It is https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s905-kernel which branch ?

 

Need to start dissecting the problem.

 

TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Beppe said:

Stock Android 9 firmware

Try the combined version of the launch. Write to the SD card the version of Libreelec (please note, not Armbian) that you normally run. Write a new version of Armbian to a USB flash drive and configure DTB in it. Connect both media (SD and USB flash drive) together to the TV box and turn on the power.

 

10 hours ago, Juanjo said:

Anyway, where is your Amlogic branch you're using ? 

5.6

 

to all

Uploaded version 20200326-next to the site. Tested running on TV 4K with Ugoos AM6 \ Ugoos x2 \ Odroid N2, the system starts normally with sound support and allows you to use the desktop resolution of 4K.in this version, the wired network does not work on RK and AW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Recenlly i had to change the emmc max-frequency in dts, meson-g12a-u200.dts, to make work an A95x f2 (s905x2) with armbian installed on the emmc. With this configuration the secuencial read speed on the emmc is about 95.4MB/s.

Also i have an beelink gt1 mini working 24x7 for several month without major issues, but the emmc performance is worst, around 43.1MB/s. I modified meson-g12a-x96-max-no-cvbs.dts changing max-frequency to 150000000 and adding this new lines copied from meson-g12a-u200.dts:

        mmc-ddr-1_8v;
        mmc-hs200-1_8v;

Now the emmc performance on beelink is around 95MB/s and remains working without issues.

Anyone know what these lines do and if they are safe to use?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Try the combined version of the launch. Write to the SD card the version of Libreelec (please note, not Armbian) that you normally run. Write a new version of Armbian to a USB flash drive and configure DTB in it. Connect both media (SD and USB flash drive) together to the TV box and turn on the power.

 

 

Hi @balbes150 thank for your reply,

i have never booted or even installed Libreelec... i have used your older images of Armbian (the images before the unified version) and booted always and without problem from SD
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Beppe said:

i have never booted or even installed Libreelec... i have used your older images of Armbian (the images before the unified version) and booted always and without problem from SD

You can use Armbian instead of LE, but then you will have to change the partition labels on the SD card first so that they don't mix with the labels from the system on USB. Alternatively, you can copy the u-boot from your working SD card and then overwrite it to a new SD card.

 

 

You can try writing this u-boot option to your SD card. Only write with two commands, as indicated in the first message for the old version (to save the existing MBR partition table from the new image).

https://yadi.sk/d/YysTGnlXf30-BA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Armbian_20.05.0_Arm-64_bionic_dev_5.6.0-rc7-next-20200326_desktop.img.xz runs and installs flawless again on my x96-mini 2/16 Testbox(as always connected via ETH and using analogue output on usb soundcard) and usual meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb.

 

Armbian_20.05.0_Arm-64_focal_current_5.6.0-rc6_desktop_20200326.img.xz works (from card) too, but I had issues changing language and it ran (maybe caused by the card I used?!) a bit sluggish..so I went to bionic next (again).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Turgus said:

Armbian_20.05.0_Arm-64_bionic_dev_5.6.0-rc7-next-20200326_desktop.img.xz runs and installs flawless again on my x96-mini 2/16 Testbox(as always connected via ETH and using analogue output on usb soundcard) and usual meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb.

 

Armbian_20.05.0_Arm-64_focal_current_5.6.0-rc6_desktop_20200326.img.xz works (from card) too, but I had issues changing language and it ran (maybe caused by the card I used?!) a bit sluggish..so I went to bionic next (again).

try use armbian 20.02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all!

I've a Viden 16M TvBox 16/2 Gb S905X chip.

It runs on 7.1 android OS.

It boots in sd card in dual-boot with libreelec, alexelec, lakka and emuelec too.

So I try to start it in armbian but, it don't run in dual-boot.

Now I write the bionic 5.6.0-rc5-next-20200311-arm-64

I think that the procedure that I made is correct :

- writing the sd,

- modifying the file with the correct dbt file and the right append line like this:

 

# aml s9xxx#FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-g12a-x96-max-no-cvbs.dtb#FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-g12b-ugoos-am6-no-cvbs.dtbFDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtbAPPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

- update the aml_autoscript.zip from android update app.

So nothing happen... this procedure start the recovery and here it try to install the aml_autoscript.zip

 

Spoiler

 

 The problem is similar in a previous post :

So I try to copy aml_autoscript and rename it in - factory_update_param.ubt - but I've the same result in picture.

Can U help me please?

Thanks in advance

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, emmezeroline said:

- update the aml_autoscript.zip from android update app.

So nothing happen... this procedure start the recovery and here it try to install the aml_autoscript.zip

 

 

Can't comment on your specific hardware but see point 3. of https://forum.armbian.com/topic/2419-armbian-for-amlogic-s905-and-s905x-ver-544/?do=findComment&comment=58673

I have TWRP custom recovery on one of my tv boxes so I can issue the reboot update command from a shell in recovery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, azy zael said:

try use armbian 20.02

Which benefit should I get from using the older build, when recent bionic next works nice from eMMC?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, emmezeroline said:

It boots in sd card in dual-boot with libreelec

What version of the image ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2020 at 2:27 PM, balbes150 said:

with the latest image armbian linux from balbes150 everything works in my tv box  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My TV-Box is Sanvell T95Q  amlogic S905X2 4/32Gb with firmware Android 8.1 on eMMC,  the latest image armbian linux from balbes150 everything works in my tv box

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

My x96max is suffering from screen tearing and I would like to update the kernel because it looks like g12a vdec is added in the last release candidate and I would like to test it.

 

Is it possible to install the 5.6-rc7 kernel from the last armbian image to the current emmc installed with 5.6-rc5?

I imagine to :

   - copy /mnt/sdcard/rootfs/lib/modules/5.6.0-rc7-next-20200326-arm-64 to /lib/modules/,

   - copy /mnt/sdcard/boot/config-5.6.0-rc7-next-20200326-arm-64, System.map-5.6.0-rc7-next-20200326-arm-64,  vmlinuz-5.6.0-rc7-next-20200326-arm-64, initrd.img-5.6.0-rc7-next-20200326-arm-64 to /boot

   - copy /mnt/sdcard/boot/zImage to /boot/zImage-rc7

   - copy /mnt/sdcard/boot/uInitrd to /boot/uInitrd-rc7

   - copy /mnt/sdcard/boot/dtb/amlogic/meson-g12a-x96-max.dtb to /boot/dtb/amlogic/meson-g12a-x96-max-rc7.dtb (because the files differ)

   - edit /boot/uEnv.txt

   - run sudo /usr/sbin/update-initramfs -u -k all

 

Do I miss something?

 

Thx,

Laurent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lgranie said:

Hi,

 

My x96max is suffering from screen tearing and I would like to update the kernel because it looks like g12a vdec is added in the last release candidate and I would like to test it.

 

Is it possible to install the 5.6-rc7 kernel from the last armbian image to the current emmc installed with 5.6-rc5?

 

Do I miss something?

 

Thx,

Laurent.

 

I've done this (upgrading just kernel) previously and you need all the other /boot files from the 'new' (5.6-rc7 ) image. I've not worked out which files are key but you need u-boot*, emmc*, *autoscript_* etc.
AFAIK, kernel and initrd should be named /boot/zImage & /boot/uInitrd still.
Best to make sure the 'new' (5.6-rc7 ) fresh image boots from a fresh sdcard first and then work from that, which you've probably done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, balbes150 said:

You can use Armbian instead of LE, but then you will have to change the partition labels on the SD card first so that they don't mix with the labels from the system on USB. Alternatively, you can copy the u-boot from your working SD card and then overwrite it to a new SD card.

 

 

You can try writing this u-boot option to your SD card. Only write with two commands, as indicated in the first message for the old version (to save the existing MBR partition table from the new image).

https://yadi.sk/d/YysTGnlXf30-BA

 

Thanks @balbes150,

 

I don't have a working SD card, as i overwritten it.

My point is that i can't understand the 5° point of the instructions in the first page:
 

Quote

 

1. Download the image for your device
2. Unpack
3. Burn the image on the medium

4. Configure in the file (uEnv.txt) launch parameters for the desired platform and model (uncomment the desired lines and comment out or delete unused ones)
5. If your device does not support USB startup , you can only use SD cards and you need to add the correct u-boot to the SD card (for details on how to add it, see the text of this message)
6. Connect the prepared media to the device and turn on the power

 

I don't get what do i have to do.

Do i need to add the u-boot to the sd card? Before or after writing the armbian .img file?

But how do i do it? Is dd fine? Which one do i have to pick, and how do i decide which one?

Why do i have to use both USB and SD when i always only used the SD card? Can't i just use the sd card by flashing the Armbian .img as i always did?

 

I do apologize for asking so many question, but i can't get through it..

Many thanks

Beppe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What version of the image ?
Libreelec-s905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1
With the correct dbt file it works great.

Thanks in advance

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beppe said:

5. If your device does not support USB startup , you can only use SD cards and you need to add the correct u-boot to the SD card (for details on how to add it, see the text of this message)

If you have Android installed in eMMC, it does not support starting from USB. So you need to add u-boot to the SD card.

 

2 hours ago, Beppe said:

Do i need to add the u-boot to the sd card? Before or after writing the armbian .img file?

Yes, you need to

1. write u-boot after writing the Armbian image.

2. You need to write u-boot with two commands.

 

dd if=u-boot-<model>.img of=/dev/<SD_card> conv=fsync bs=1 count=442

dd if=u-boot-<model>.img of=/dev/<SD_card> conv=fsync bs=512 skip=1 seek=1

 

Try all the u-boot options for rk3328 in turn. After writing u-boot, try to run it. Don't forget to pre-configure DTB in uEnv.txt (for you, this is rk3328-box)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, emmezeroline said:

Libreelec-s905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1

To run Armbian, you need a new version of the universal multiload. You need to reactivate it using the latest Armbian images.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just tested the version from 03/26/2020
everything works very well - wireless network, Ethernet, sound via HDMI interface

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 8:23 PM, Juanjo said:

Hi Balbes

 

I'm trying to work around a problem with PHY on a GT1-A Ultimate (gxmm-q200) that used to work on older kernels but not in your last 5.6.0rc image. I'm getting sometimes:

 

[ 15.867041] meson8b-dwmac c9410000.ethernet eth0: no phy at addr -1

[ 15.867079] meson8b-dwmac c9410000.ethernet eth0: stmmac_open: Cannot attach to PHY (error: -19)

 

I'm using the correct DTB since I remember using it on older Kernel before your unified you builds; box uses an external PHY

 

Funny thing is if I boot with on old image of LE it works and after that it works with your latest image after a couple of reboots. Being an external PHY and seeing that DTS talks about a reset signal shared with some led the GT1 does not have a I think it may be the culprit.

 

Anyway, where is your Amlogic branch you're using ? 

 

It is https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s905-kernel which branch ?

 

Need to start dissecting the problem.

 

TIA

 

I rolled back this patch and worked

 

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/f29cabf240ed6e67993f17594e5e6fffc5bc07e0

 

Funny think that I tried to increase reset-deassert-us to 1000000 as th old value suggest and didn't worked. Wonder if some manufacturers are using knockoff PHYs :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

To run Armbian, you need a new version of the universal multiload. You need to reactivate it using the latest Armbian images.

One of this can be the Armbian_20.05.0_Arm-64_bionic_dev_5.6.0-rc7-next-20200326_desktop.img ?

 

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, emmezeroline said:

One of this can be the Armbian_20.05.0_Arm-64_bionic_dev_5.6.0-rc7-next-20200326_desktop.img ?

yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, balbes150 said:

If you have Android installed in eMMC, it does not support starting from USB. So you need to add u-boot to the SD card.

 

Yes, you need to

1. write u-boot after writing the Armbian image.

2. You need to write u-boot with two commands.

 

dd if=u-boot-<model>.img of=/dev/<SD_card> conv=fsync bs=1 count=442

dd if=u-boot-<model>.img of=/dev/<SD_card> conv=fsync bs=512 skip=1 seek=1

 

Try all the u-boot options for rk3328 in turn. After writing u-boot, try to run it. Don't forget to pre-configure DTB in uEnv.txt (for you, this is rk3328-box)

Hi @balbes150 thank you again but... here is what i've done:

  • Downloaded and writed to SD this image Armbian_20.05.0_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.6.0-rc6_desktop_20200328 (I've used dd command)
  • Downloaded u-boot-rk3328-tv.img and u-boot-rk3328-mvr9.img and tried each one (the only two i could find related to rk3328), after writing the armbian image, with the two commands you gave me
  • Configure uEnv.txt to use the right DTB as per instructions

 

Still i've had no luck.. i get a black screen and the tv box's led remains red.

What else can i try?

 

Thanks again

Beppe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
44 44