Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW (aarch64 ARMv8)


Recommended Posts

Many thanks for your answer. It seems like a nice workaround, I am still hunting for a solution. I think a correct u-boot is still the key. The one from older versions of Armbian seemed to do the job quite well, but apparently it doesn't work with the newer versions.  :( Maybe balbes could sort this out somehow....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Donate and support the project!

 

@jimbob Please, can you help me with the T95 max plus??? I'd love to make it work with Armbian but i simply CAN NOT!!! I need a step by step guide including the image you have downloaded to make it work! Please, i spent so much time trying to do that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tacco said:

 

@jimbob Please, can you help me with the T95 max plus??? I'd love to make it work with Armbian but i simply CAN NOT!!! I need a step by step guide including the image you have downloaded to make it work! Please, i spent so much time trying to do that!

 

I believe T95 max plus is S905X3. If I am correct then you may want to confirm with the instructions on the first page of this topic that mentions S905X3 boxes are not supported.

 

If you are looking for more detailed instructions on how to run the image on development board or tv boxes, you may find this link https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/ helpful.

 

Hope this helps!

 

-R

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi i have a H96 plus pro it's an s912 tv box i tried to boot Armbian_20.07_Arm-64_bullseye_current_5.7.9_desktop but either wifi or ethernet doesn't work and i've tried every s912 dtb. To my understanding  wifi malfunctioning is a common issues so i don't really care about that. My main issue is ethernet . Ethernet model is rtl8211f . Every help or advice is welcomed.

Edited by panos1205
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Reddwarf said:

No I have not, I honestly have no idea what to do with it ;)

Sorry, inaccurate answer. I know what the uboot is for, I'm not sure where to pt it. Flashing it to sdcard won't help as the box will not boot from sdcard anyway. Is it an idea to try to flash it to the box using the standard RK-dev flasher?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ztrawberry said:

I was about to send a message asking if you are okay due to the silence since 25-Jul :-)

people should rest regularly ......

 

11 hours ago, Reddwarf said:

A5X Max 4k box with RK3328

This is a" bad " model, it requires a lot of extra steps to run.

Use the combined launch method (SD+USB), infa, how to do it is in this topic and in the topic about rk3328.

 

p.s. I am deleting invalid messages unrelated to 3328.

 

 

10 hours ago, panos1205 said:

Hi i have a H96 plus pro it's an s912 tv box i tried to boot Armbian_20.07_Arm-64_bullseye_current_5.7.9_desktop but either wifi or ethernet doesn't work and i've tried every s912 dtb. To my understanding  wifi malfunctioning is a common issues so i don't really care about that. My main issue is ethernet . Ethernet model is rtl8211f . Every help or advice is welcomed.

When using the correct DTB, the LAN port works on almost all models. Check all gxm DTBS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

This is a" bad " model, it requires a lot of extra steps to run.

Use the combined launch method (SD+USB), infa, how to do it is in this topic and in the topic about rk3328.

 

@balbes150 I can't seem to find the topic about RK3328, I have read the first post in this forum and have tried the SD+USB method but the box does not boot from SD anyway. Is there a way to replace the uboot in the box with yours?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

Well I'v read the topic and tried booting exactly as described. I presume the usb stick containing Armbian should be in USB1, The box just boots android and nothing interesting happens. I there a way to replace the uboot in the box with the one on the sdcard? Perhaps using dd command under Linux anv connect the box with reset button pressed?

Link to post
Share on other sites

While bionic version of 20200723 (with added desktop) runs nice on my x96mini p281 2/16G boxes, I couldn't get usb keyboard work on focal or bionic variants of Ver 20200810-dev kernel 5.8.0
Tried several dtbs (p281, tx-mini, p212, ... , also the p281 one from from 20200723), but always no keyboard and without it: no login and further tests..

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2020 at 12:15 PM, Reddwarf said:

Well I'v read the topic and tried booting exactly as described. I presume the usb stick containing Armbian should be in USB1, The box just boots android and nothing interesting happens. I there a way to replace the uboot in the box with the one on the sdcard? Perhaps using dd command under Linux anv connect the box with reset button pressed?

No???

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Many Thanks to Balbes for this great work !!!

 

I am running "Armbian_20.08_Arm-64_focal_current_5.7.14_desktop.img" over A95X Max TV Box which is S905X2 . I am using "FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-g12a-x96-max.dtb" and it is giving me Gigabit Ethernet.  I am running this from SD Card. So far everything is looking good and smooth (except Wifi which does not turn up ).  I would like to move it to NAND/eMMC for better performance. 

 

Please if somebody can guide me how I run/install over eMMC/NAND ?

 

Thanks in advance 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Please if somebody can guide me how I run/install over eMMC/NAND ?

There are scripts located in /root that will copy a sd/usb installation to internal eMMC.  The scripts are named according to the respective cpu architectures, so make sure you are running the correct script for your cpu.  Highly recommended that you backup the original contents of the eMMC before you attempt to install.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2020 at 11:37 AM, balbes150 said:

When using the correct DTB, the LAN port works on almost all models. Check all gxm DTBS.

Check them all none works. 

I don't know if it's helfull but last dtb that i used with everything working  was  gxm_q200_k3_pro.dtb but that worked in older builts with diferrent kernels doesn't work with your current build (i've tried it)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Build-Armbian related query.

 

I would like to add a wifi device driver to the Build-Armbain code to build it with the kernel. The driver source is for ssv6x5x which is working on ARMv7 devices.

 

Every time I add the master code f driver to source tree in /Build-Armbian/cache/sources/linux-current/5.7/drivers/net/wireless/ssv6x5x folder and run ./compile.sh the .Kconfig and Makefile in /net/wireless are restored to original and the code. Obviously I am not doing it correctly. I did adapt .Kconfig and Makefile to build the driver. 

 

I am new to building Linux let alone Armbian. Any help is appreciated.

 

Thanks

-R

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

i would love to have this running on a beelink GS1 from SD card, what si needed to build a working uboot image, or a complete working image of armbian on this box, dts files are allready in place in uboot and kernel repositorys, it builds fine but ist does not boot. any help ?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteeMan said:

There are scripts located in /root that will copy a sd/usb installation to internal eMMC.  The scripts are named according to the respective cpu architectures, so make sure you are running the correct script for your cpu.  Highly recommended that you backup the original contents of the eMMC before you attempt to install.

 

Thanks so much for your help . I appreciate your response. 

 I was successfully able to run from emmc/Nand  but  when I boot from emmc/nand then my 5000GB  SATA drive (/dev/sda) does not appear while if I boot from SD Card it comes up . Any idea why is it so and any fix for that ?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The new version of images 20200814.

 

Please note that the algorithm for initial configuration of the system for startup has changed. Instead of a file "uEnv.txt", the file "/extlinux/extlinux.conf " is now used. The rules for editing a file remain the same.

All Amlogic models now need the "u-boot.ext" file.

Before launching on Amlogic, you must copy or rename one of the existing files "u-boot-*" to "u-boot.ext".

 

For s905 (not X) - used u-boot-s905

For s905x and s912 - used u-boot-s905x-s912

For s905x2 and s922 - used u-boot-s922

 

For g12a\g12b models, a single file is now used (files u-boot.sd and u-boot.usb now replaces one u-boot-s922 file).

For the Allwinner platform, you no longer need to rename the scripts "boot.scr".

All "boot.scr" scripts have been canceled and are not used.

 

These images temporarily disable EMMC installation scripts until testing is complete. The system can only be started from external SD and USB media.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rajesh said:

I am new to building Linux let alone Armbian. Any help is appreciated.

https://docs.armbian.com/

 

9 hours ago, Hardik Lukhi said:

new update changed files there are new formate boot.ini

The "boot.ini"file was never used for Allwinner.

 

9 hours ago, Hardik Lukhi said:

I changed boot.scr.aw to boot.scr

You forgot to add u-boot for H6 to your SD card.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

https://docs.armbian.com/

 

The "boot.ini"file was never used for Allwinner.

 

You forgot to add u-boot for H6 to your SD card.

 

 

Thank you for the link. I have gone through the Armbian build documentation. Way beyond what a beginner would understand. Guess I will have to get familiar with Linux build system and come back again on this after few months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rajesh said:

 

I would like to add a wifi device driver to the Build-Armbain code to build it with the kernel. The driver source is for ssv6x5x which is working on ARMv7 devices.

 

 

Having taken a quick look at the ssv6x5x sources available, there is no way you'll get a 3.4.x kernel driver working on
a 5.x system as the interfaces have changed. Anyway, wifi drivers beginning s**** are pretty much toxic on this forum and other aftermaket O/S boards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.