Image for M4 V 2

pkfox

Hi all, I'm a bit out of date with regards to a working image for the NanoPi M4 v2  board. I have @pask image which works great but having to boot from the sd card and flash a bootloader patch to eMMC card whenever you reinstall ( I constantly break installs by over experimenting with stuff I don't know enough about ) is a bit of a pain. Anyone know of an image I can just download and flash ?

6 hours ago, chwe said:

as soon as this PR makes it: https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/1646

and images are available on our download page. Or you build one of your own with the PR already applied.

I've merged the PR of @piter75, built a image and tested it. It is working.

The only thing so far that didn't work, is at the and of nand-sata-install, script is calling write_uboot_platform() from /usr/lib/u-boot/platform_install.sh, but since the big refactoring few weeks ago, the BOOT_USE_BLOBS variable seem not be defined anymore, so I had to do the "dd" of idbloader.bin/uboot.img/trust.bin manually to get the u-boot copied into eMMC.

Congrat to @piter75 ! :beer:

Next step would be to apply same mainline u-boot recipe to RockPro64 and RockPi4, and we can say "adios" to old U-Boot 2017 ! :P

@martinayotte nand-sata-install bug may be actually my fault introduced during u-boot migration. I will look into that.

7 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

apply same mainline u-boot recipe to RockPro64 and RockPi4

That is what I want to pursue next - starting with Rock Pi 4 first.

1 hour ago, piter75 said:

That is what I want to pursue next - starting with Rock Pi 4 first.

I've just done a RockPi4 build, will test in in the next hour ...

EDIT : Tested ! It works ! But again, I had to manually finish the eMMC install with "dd" ...

Next ! RockPro64 ! And later cleanup of both families to avoid forgetting patches during migration ...

9 hours ago, martinayotte said:

Tested ! It works ! But again, I had to manually finish the eMMC install with "dd" ...

Rock Pi 4 works well with u-boot v2019.10 even with mainline ATF :)

I fixed the nand-sata-install issue in master. There are still a few things I have to learn about Armbian ;-)

OTOH this bug should not affect Rock Pi 4, unless you moved it to rk3399 family while testing.

2 hours ago, martinayotte said:

the easiest thing to do was to switch to rk3399 family

Nice to see we are on the same page here 😉.

My plan was to move out all rk3399 to their own family and then trying to merge back.

33 minutes ago, piter75 said:

Nice to see we are on the same page here 😉.

Right ! Then, later, rk3399 family name could be rename rockchip64.

I've just did the same with RockPro64, the SDCard works well, but I'm unable to boot from eMMC, unless I put back the old U-Boot rksd_loader.img ...

I'm trying to figure out, but no clue yet ! :wacko: