roar

AppArmor kernel config

I've noticed that the AppArmor kernel config was switched off from kernels 4.19.x onwards. I've searched the forum and the github issues but haven't found any problems related AppArmor.

I'm using the current kernel for cubox (5.4.x) that I've compiled by adding AppArmor config back, everything works as it should for a headless system.

Would it be possible to add the AppArmor kernel config back? I can help with testing on the following boards: cubox, olimex lime2, cubietruck

2 hours ago, roar said:

Would it be possible to add the AppArmor kernel config back? I can help with testing on the following boards: cubox, olimex lime2, cubietruck

I am trying to recall why we disable this in first place - it was probably broken / in a conflict with something while its possible that this is not the case anymore ... if you do test this feature perhaps also with crypto-root, eMMC/USB root install  .... and prepare a PR I don't see any obstacles to merge that in.

Thanks for the positive reply!

I had thought as much, that it was maybe breaking something else and had been disabled for that reason. However, I'm not sure it even gets loaded if you don't specify the boot parameter for it.

I can test this on the boards I have: cubox i, cubietruck and olimex lime 2 with and without eMMC

If it goes well i'll submit a PR with a changed kernel config for these boards