Rock Pi 4C only USB-OTG is working

Dante4

10 hours ago, Dante4 said:

Problem: No usb power on all ports except for OTG port on Rock Pi 4C.

We need to work a bit on our download page for ROCK Pi 4 boards as I see you used 4B images - and these are the only ones easily accessible on the download page :( (CC: @Igor)

For current use the images from here: https://dl.armbian.com/rockpi-4c/archive/ - all USB ports should work there.

In legacy they will not work right now. I have it on my TODO list so it is possible that with the next point release all USB ports will work in legacy too.

Edited by piter75
Fixed direct download url

7 hours ago, piter75 said:

We need to work a bit on our download page for ROCK Pi 4 boards as I see you used 4B images - and these are the only ones easily accessible on the download page

Probably best to make a dedicated pages since downloads are there, but hidden in the text ... which obviously not everyone reads :rolleyes:

"Images below are for model B. For A (without wireless) can be downloaded here and for C (dual monitor) here."

@piter75 anything I can do to influence you to spend some more time on the RockPi 4c, namely:

- Getting all 4 USB ports working on legacy image

- Getting mini-DP port working on legacy and / or mainline kernel

@TonyMac32already did a good bit of poking and testing at patching mini-DP in mainline for RockPi 4c and I have been helping test as possible.

If you get some time to poke at this I am happy to test things (am on IRC ( [TheBug] ) or you can PM me here anytime and I will be happy to test things, have one on my desk).

Also, a friend of mine also has one and I can have him test as well if you let me know.

I am happy to put some type of bounty either to be donated to Armbian or to your beer fund ;) to get this pushed up the list a bit... I got at least 30$ on it :)

Cheers!

5 hours ago, lacigas said:

Any chance of someone fixing this with legacy images?

I do not speak for devs, but it seems to me like a lot less effort goes into legacy than mainline (generally speaking).  As mainline is the future, more open, more maintainable, etc.

It really boils down to whether someone wants or has time to do it.  Because of above considerations, that answer is often (but not always) "no."

On 2/24/2021 at 3:50 AM, TheLinuxBug said:

@piter75 anything I can do to influence you to spend some more time on the RockPi 4c, namely:

- Getting all 4 USB ports working on legacy image

- Getting mini-DP port working on legacy and / or mainline kernel

@TonyMac32already did a good bit of poking and testing at patching mini-DP in mainline for RockPi 4c and I have been helping test as possible.

If you get some time to poke at this I am happy to test things (am on IRC ( [TheBug] ) or you can PM me here anytime and I will be happy to test things, have one on my desk).

Also, a friend of mine also has one and I can have him test as well if you let me know.

I am happy to put some type of bounty either to be donated to Armbian or to your beer fund ;) to get this pushed up the list a bit... I got at least 30$ on it :)

Cheers!

Plus 1 for the mini-DP.

We've managed to get it working but the primary monitor flips to eDP at the moment.

Also our version only works with a DP monitor, wheras Radxa's Debian 9 desktop (dual display) works with an active eDP to hdmi adapter.

hello

I've installed armbian from this image:

https://armbian.hosthatch.com/dl/rockpi-4c/archive/Armbian_21.05.1_Rockpi-4c_buster_legacy_4.4.213_xfce_desktop.img.xz

I need legacy image because of this:

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16516-rk3399-legacy-multimedia-framework/

it seems that all this multimedia staff works ok only on Legacy image.

But I have an issue with USB ports - only one USB port is working. Is there any workaround or fix for this issue?