Orange Pi 4B | USB C - Host?

aniol

I have an Orange Pi 4B. The board as the only USB 3.0 port has the USB-C type. I connect the USB-C x USB-A adapter. I connect the USB flash drive and it doesn't work. Power from the port is coming out properly. Is there any chance that this port will work properly with an external drive?

18 minutes ago, aniol said:

I have an Orange Pi 4B

Do you use Armbian? Did you procede this way: 

If not, problem doesn't exists. And even problem exists and you use Armbian, make sure to read this 1st: https://github.com/armbian/build#support If you want that problem is fixed, who will cover that? We don't have this problem. You do.

USB-C is not supported in mainline kernel and we are not working on it since it has low priority and since R&D costs a lot of our private time.

Also there are slim to none chances that this was fixed upstream / elsewhere. I am afraid using stock 4.4.y kernel is only working way - I only assume it works there, but you loose other things that comes with our kernel ... It's a choice @aniol will have to make.