Installing Nextcloud after Openmediavault - Question?

roswitina

I have installed OMV via armbian-config (software). After that I tried to install Nextcloud the same way.

In the process I noticed that Apache2 does not start due to a port mismatch (port 80). I was able to determine that obviously the web server nginx is already installed and used for OMV.

Can someone please explain to me if this is intentional or if I made a mistake during the installation?
Is it possible not to install OMV and Nextcloud in parallel?

How can I solve this?

Will probably have to do that if I want nextcloud in addition.

Nevertheless, I wonder why both are offered for installation in armbian-config, but no indication that OMV nginx and Nextcloud apache2 is required in the offered installation in Helios64.

Edited by roswitina

Well armbian-config was never designed to catch such "dependencies" of parallel installations. As you can see for yourself in the source it is a rather simple tool to allow a quick installation of software: https://github.com/armbian/config

There is always room for improvements and contributions are certainly appreciated :)

We will post soon instruction on our wiki on how to install Nextcloud via docker compose (along side OMV) with reverse proxy (nginx proxy manager).

In the meantime find attached the the docker compose files for nextcloud I made.

1/ You will need to adjust the .yml file for the volumes location.

2/ You will need to update db.env to define DB user and password

Note: This setup only exposes the port 80 via port host post 9001. It is meant for running behind a reverse proxy which would handle HTTPS.

You need to install docker and docker-compose on your machine.

Then decompress the attached folder and once inside the folder just do docker-compose up -d

nextcloud.tar.gz

Thanks for the Docker file.

I have Nextcloud running.
The NginxProxyMangager in the current version 2.7.1 apparently has a BUG at the moment; login is not possible.

However, Nextcloud itself is very very sluggishly responsive, so I'm considering moving my virtual machines to a NUC and using the Helios64 exclusively with OMV only, which is what I bought it for.

Ps.: I have now disabled Collabora (it was automatically installed during initial setup) and now Nextcloud is much more responsive.

I would suggest following this guide, and choosing the Portainer Stack option.

https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php?thread/28216-how-to-nextcloud-with-letsencrypt-using-omv-and-docker-compose/

As well as being a streamlined and fairly painless way to install NextCloud and MariaDB at once, you'll get SWAG for free, which you will likely want.