[Invalid] - C4 - Ko. Kernel Module No rule to make target 'arch/arm64/kernel/vdso/vdso.lds

br-dev-brou1

Hey,  I am not able to compile a .ko kernel module : below the error.

1. I think it's fair to say that it may happen on many boards.
  2. I guess you supposed that before I had to get the linux-headers on. which required to tune the build config and include the headers during the build for that specific meson64 release at least.  Saying that after rebuilding all I am stuck again on the vdso as i can't build a .ko easily.

I think many people but i let the team taken the decision may be stuck at one point on linux-headers or to compile a .ko module. I would recommend to have DEFAULT parameter YES for the linux-headers as well as all that would be required to compile some .ko module. I remember in the past get stucked on some other boards for similar reasons.

Let us know the decision and how to solve that from a initial build . I also would like to mention that your build is kool. thanks for that. just a few steps to make other customers happy :P

------------- ERROR in making .KO ------------------------------------------

/src/linux-headers-5.9.16-meson64'
scripts/Makefile.build:418: warning: overriding recipe for target 'modules.order'
Makefile:1400: warning: ignoring old recipe for target 'modules.order'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'arch/arm64/kernel/vdso/vdso.lds', needed by 'arch/arm64/kernel/vdso/vdso.so.dbg'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [arch/arm64/Makefile:193: vdso_prepare] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-5.9.16-meson64'
make: *** [Makefile:6: all] Error 2

Your issue report is invalid for one or multiple reasons (non-exhaustive enumeration):

• it has been stated at the wrong place
  • it lacks fundamental requested data
  • it could have been easily solved by a quick search and/or reading documentation

Since you refused to use the bug reporting form carefully and follow the information there as you have been asked for we have no intention to further investigate.

https://www.armbian.com/bugs