11 11
jongerenchaos

Armbian for Amlogic S805

1 hour ago, purplepumkin said:

How would one go about install the latest 5.67 image on the internal memory? There's no more install.sh script. The NEXT build sees my internal partitions (Android style). Can I manually dd the installers boot and data partitions to the internal ones or is there a better way? Thanks!

Manually using dd leaves with a bootlooping box. I will try and modify the install.sh form the older version. Would like to run the NEXT build from internal memory.

With the installation process on S805 with the new images a lot is unclear, so I disabled the script. You can (at your own risk) do the installation yourself, but there is no guarantee that it will work.

10 hours ago, purplepumkin said:

I've tried different things like changing the

The new versions have changed the algorithm of using dtb and the system startup script itself.

(edited)

Hello,

Thanks @balbes150 for nice build. I was able to run armbian on my S805 box

root@aml:~# uname -a
Linux aml 4.20.0-rc3-next-20181123-aml-s805 #9 SMP Sat Nov 24 16:50:20 MSK 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux

However I wasn't able to enable wifi card.

root@aml:~# modprobe wifi_dummy
modprobe: FATAL: Module wifi_dummy not found in directory /lib/modules/4.20.0-rc3-next-20181123-aml-s805
root@aml:~# modprobe dhd
modprobe: FATAL: Module dhd not found in directory /lib/modules/4.20.0-rc3-next-20181123-aml-s805

Is there way to load the module?

One more thing. The MAC address of the LAN interface is changed randomly every time I reboot. Is there way to fix it?

Thank you.

Edited by Diamond
MAC address question