New Board Maintainer Q&A

TRS-80

I received at least one PM so far that I did not know the answer to.

So, rather than all of us spend a lot of effort duplicating info, I thought maybe good idea to compile these in one place.  Especially as we have an influx of new Board Maintainers at the moment.

I also encourage people to stop by IRC and say hello.  I shall also endeavor to copy the most useful bits from IRC into this thread as they come up.  Maybe later can be distilled even further into some docs page or ...?  Anyway...

So, first up:

Q: How /what checks/tests to run?

A: OK, I guess I thought armbian/autotests was more about that (long in development hardware), however looking again now it seems it's actually just a script which can be run on its own, just directly on SBC (even without that test rig).  Amirite?

11 hours ago, TRS-80 said:

A: OK, I guess I thought armbian/autotests was more about that (long in development hardware), however looking again now it seems it's actually just a script which can be run on its own, just directly on SBC (even without that test rig).  Amirite?

Yep. the autotests can be configured to run against a freshly imaged SBC and do a lot of the work!

we're always looking for new ideas and better ways to test and identify regression as well.