cgroup memory controller

BarnA

How do I enable the cgroup memory controller on Armbian?  I’m trying to control memory usage on my orange pi one using systemd with a unit file as follows:

[Service]

Slice=influxGroup.slice

MemoryAccounting=true

MemoryHigh=100M

MemorySwapMax=250M

The command systemd-cgls confirms that the influxGroup.slice has been created, yet memory is not controlled in line with the parameters in the unit file.

I think the issue may be that cgroup memory controller is not enabled.  I haven’t done anything to enable it, but I did notice that dmesg appears to indicate an enable statement in the kernel parameters:

[    0.000000] Kernel command line: root=UUID=5446759b-56c9-4877-ad1f-15e43cbb95cc rootwait rootfstype=ext4 console=tty1 console=ttyS0,115200 hdmi.audio=EDID:0 disp.screen0_output_mode=1920x1080p60 panic=10 consoleblank=0 loglevel=1 ubootpart=f22f559a-01 ubootsource=mmc usb-storage.quirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u   sunxi_ve_mem_reserve=0 sunxi_g2d_mem_reserve=0 sunxi_fb_mem_reserve=16 cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1

However /proc/cgroups would indicate (I think) that it is not enabled.

#subsys_name                     hierarchy                                num_cgroups                       enabled

Cpuset                                     10                                               1                                                 1

cpu                                            3                                                 8                                                 1

cpuacct3                                  8                                                 1                                                

blkio2                                       8                                                 1                                                

memory5                                28                                               1                                                

devices9                                  87                                               1                                                

freezer6                                  1                                                 1                                                

net_cls8                                  1                                                 1                                                

perf_event                            11                                               1                                                 1

net_prio                                  8                                                 1                                                 1

pids4                                         90                                               1                                                

rdma7                                      1                                                 1                                                

So my broadest question is how do I get the system to do what the unit file asks for, which reduces to (I think) a narrower question of: how do I enable the cgroup memory controller on Armbian?