how does one turn on the LIME2?

DepressedDaniel

Hello,

I have the LIME2 board from Olimex (A20 SoC).

I tried writing the image Armbian_5.20_Lime2_Debian_jessie_4.7.3_desktop to an SD card with dd.

However, nothing happens when I plug in power (except that a red light near the barrel jack connector turns on).

I tried pressing some of the switches (reset, power) but they didn't do anything either.

This is the second LIME2 board I have received that just won't turn on. I have also tried with the images recommended by Olimex, to no avail. Is there something special that needs to be done that I'm missing?

This is the second LIME2 board I have received that just won't turn on. I have also tried with the images recommended by Olimex, to no avail. Is there something special that needs to be done that I'm missing?

owever, nothing happens when I plug in power (except that a red light near the barrel jack connector turns on).

Second LIME2!!!

Try first changing the microSD used or the card writer. Or also try changing the power source.

Is more common to have problems with power or microSD than have one or two problematic boards.

As tkaiser alwais "dixit" (latin jargon).

I'm having the exact same problem as Daniel on my first a20-lime2.  Solid red led, no display on two different monitors, etc.  I tried writing multiple images to a 32GB Sandisk microsd but always get the same result... nothing but a red light.  I'm using a 5V, 2A power supply.  I am interested what information you get via UART.

Daniel, did you ever check the output on UART?  I tried resolving my issue by dealing with Olimex tech support, trying every single remedy they suggested but nothing helped and now they are no longer responding.  I'm wondering if you found out why your board fails to boot because it seems to be suffering the exact same problem(s) as mine.