X96 Max+ install home assistant

avigrinberg

Hi,
I've X96 max+ and i want to install home assistant on it.
i've reads lots of stuff about it but i don't know what image should i use and what to change in the config files.
can anyone give me the exact install file that i need for my X96 that will work and i can install HA?

THX
WhatsAppImage2023-08-31at11_08_10.thumb.jpg.4653815f618dba98baa55fe2545c7634.jpgWhatsAppImage2023-08-31at11_08_08.thumb.jpg.e70458de81f82574056ce7656c8f5168.jpg

I simply installed it in a Python venv, it was very straightforward.  But everyone seems to love containers these days...

Luckily, they provide a number of install options, did you review them?  There is no 'wrong' answer really, it's just what you prefer.

If this is about the base (OS) image, I can't help you there, but at least you are in the right neighborhood now (TV Boxes).  Good luck!

thx for the response. 

i've download this img Armbian_23.08.0_amlogic_s905x3_bookworm_6.1.42_server_2023.08.01 load it to usb dok and start with it my X96. the network card isn't detected but the WIFI is working. how i can fix the network card?
btw i didn't change any settings in the boot..

If all other things work well  (except for ethernet)  then your used image is OK and you can play around with dtb configuration.

Cheap TV boxes are made from available parts, which means lot of hardware variations.

You can try to use different dtb files (one at time) and if you are lucky, you will get fully functional and stable Armbian device.

Even if you find a dtb, which provides ethernet w/o WiFi (or w/o some other functionality), you are also lucky, because Frankenstein dtb can be crafted from both :D

Don't forget to check sensors under load (apt install lm-sensors), as TV box CPU radiators often are small, cases has no ventilation holes and CPU settings of used image may be not optimal.

Once I did similar exercise with Tanix TX9S and was lucky (even bluetooth started), so good luck to you as well.

I have an X96-AIR-GBIT and from what I can see reviewing the DTS files, it is not much different than the MAX.

What I do to get the ETH working is make the following changes to &ethmac

https://github.com/pyavitz/debian-image-builder/blob/feature/patches/amlogic/6.1/004-arch-arm64-dts-amlogic-meson-sm1-x96-air.patch#L39

https://github.com/pyavitz/debian-image-builder/blob/feature/patches/amlogic/6.1/004-arch-arm64-dts-amlogic-meson-sm1-x96-air.patch#L219

Using that as a reference, you should be able to edit the DTS in Armbian and if all goes well have functional ETH.

14 hours ago, avigrinberg said:

Armbian_23.08.0_amlogic_s905x3_bookworm_6.1.42_server_2023.08.01

That is not an Armbian image (no official images from this site have that name).  You apparently are downloading from a non armbian source.  What download are you using?

I have an X96-AIR-GBIT and from what I can see reviewing the DTS files, it is not much different than the MAX.

What I do to get the ETH working is make the following changes to &ethmac

https://github.com/pyavitz/debian-image-builder/blob/feature/patches/amlogic/6.1/004-arch-arm64-dts-amlogic-meson-sm1-x96-air.patch#L39

https://github.com/pyavitz/debian-image-builder/blob/feature/patches/amlogic/6.1/004-arch-arm64-dts-amlogic-meson-sm1-x96-air.patch#L219

Using that as a reference, you should be able to edit the DTS in Armbian and if all goes well have functional ETH

i don't have that knowledge.. ;-(

@avigrinberg  The source you are downloading from is not armbian.  They are a fork of armbian that uses the armbian name without permission.  They do not contribute to armbian development nor do they participate in these forums.  You need to contact them for support of their software, we can't help you here.