How to compile a kernel with CONF_SCHEDSTATS=y?

Hello, 
I have a bunch of boards (rpi4b, rpi5, orangepi5, orangepi5-plus, nanopct6, rock3a, rock5b, vim4) in a Kubernetes cluster using Cilium.
Cilium requires CONF_SCHEDSTATS=y in the kernel, which is dependent on CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL=y but...
in build/lib/functions/compilation/armbian-kernel.sh  we have

# DONE: Disable: debug option
                kernel_config_set_n DEBUG_KERNEL        # Armbian doesn't know how to package a debug kernel.

Which invalidates the option I enabled during ./compile.sh BOARD=... BRANCH=... kernel-config 
Except for the VIM4, with DEBUG_KERNEL enabled in build/config/sources/families/meson-s4t7.conf

Is there a way to enable DEBUG_KERNEL for the rest of the boards? 

Thank you!

Stefanita Vilcu

Well you can try to disable the mentioned switch and see what goes wrong when packaging happens. Then you need to figure out how to fix it.

4 часа назад, Stefanita Vilcu сказал:

Which invalidates the option I enabled during ./compile.sh BOARD=... BRANCH=... kernel-config 
Except for the VIM4, with DEBUG_KERNEL enabled in build/config/sources/families/meson-s4t7.conf

Is there a way to enable DEBUG_KERNEL for the rest of the boards? 

The developers of Armbian have signed their own impotence with this.

They cannot or do not want to add support for creating an additional package with debugging symbols.
If we look at simple scripts for creating debian packages directly in the kernel source codes,

we will see that the debugging package is created automatically when the configuration option is selected:

CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO

The only way is to change the script of the build system itself by removing these lines and

adding 10 lines to the script to create a debugging package.

With respect to all free software developers.

Leonid.

15 минут назад, going сказал:

The developers of Armbian have signed their own impotence with this.

@Igor This line may sound rude, but you are probably waiting for the developers

of the source code to take some action to improve patches or kernel settings.
As long as this heresy is present in the build system (bad package build scripts),

the project will receive crumbs from what developers can and do locally.

Hello, 
I am happy to report that after I commented the lines from the build/lib/functions/compilation/armbian-kernel.sh script and manually doing a "pip install pylibfdt"  (because it was complaining that it cannot compile it due to a missing "ld" which was there, in /usr/bin/ld), I was able to compile the edge kernel for rpi5b. No other steps were required.
Now I have /proc/schedstats which will make cilium happy, I hope.  Probably there will be no problems with the rest of the boards.

Thank you very much for the great work you are doing!

Stefanita Vilcu