0
Ankit

Want Some Information????

Recommended Posts

Hey Friends,

                    I want to make a board allwinner R40 chipset.  So i want to know let assume if made a board then to work its with HDMI, DDR, ROM, USB Ports etc then any extra what kind of drivers needed. ITS my First plz help to collect some information regarding this. Thanx buddies.

Edited by Ankit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ankit said:

Hey Friends,

                    I want to make a board allwinner R40 chipset.  So i want to know let assume if made a board then to work its with HDMI, DDR, ROM, USB Ports etc then any extra what kind of drivers needed. ITS my First plz help to collect some information regarding this. Thanx buddies.

Why do you want to make a new board with this cpu?
There is the Banana Pi M2 Berry / Ultra with the R40/V40 CPU - which hasnt armbian support :( (have one here on my table).
Maybe you could learn something from this boards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2018 at 1:30 AM, guidol said:

Why do you want to make a new board with this cpu?
There is the Banana Pi M2 Berry / Ultra with the R40/V40 CPU - which hasnt armbian support :( (have one here on my table).
Maybe you could learn something from this boards?

i want to make board because  am a designer and have to improve high speed design PCB with DDR, e-MMC , etc.

i just only designs PCB using STMicrocontrollers chipset.

i downloaded openCPU BeagleBone Black, Olinux, Bnana Pi reference design for this.

and just one thing want to know there is any kernel requires for OS installation and for make workable with Linux.

My Boss is says that there is no any kernel required for same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ankit said:

i want to make board because  am a designer and have to improve high speed design PCB with DDR, e-MMC , etc.

i just only designs PCB using STMicrocontrollers chipset.

a first step could be from STMs' to something like the AW V3s with a eMMC big enough for a lightweight linux (no RAM, cause it's onboard)? Designed as a minimal consumption board. I'm sure such boards would get some attention cause the only one seems to be 'silent'. 

https://licheepizero.us

 

Initial mainlining was done and stopped probably cause availability of boards with this SoC... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chwe said:

a first step could be from STMs' to something like the AW V3s with a eMMC big enough for a lightweight linux (no RAM, cause it's onboard)? Designed as a minimal consumption board. I'm sure such boards would get some attention cause the only one seems to be 'silent'. 

https://licheepizero.us

 

Initial mainlining was done and stopped probably cause availability of boards with this SoC... 

hey bro,

            thanks.

            this is a nice one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chwe said:

the only one seems to be 'silent'. 

https://licheepizero.us

 

Initial mainlining was done and stopped

Holy cow, is there anything you cannot do with this LicheePi Zero ?    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/licheepi-zero-6-extensible-linux-module-on-finger-wifi-diy#/

With all the great design ideas, I do not like the second-row of GPIO solder points.

Aug 28, 2017 Almost all order is sendout,

 

Why is it no longer available ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tido said:

Holy cow, is there anything you cannot do with this LicheePi Zero ?   

It's probably not powerful enough for a buildfarm... :P 

 

2 hours ago, Tido said:

With all the great design ideas, I do not like the second-row of GPIO solder points.

Actually.. It gives you access to more pins of the SoC.. There isn't a perfect solution if you want to keep the footprint als small as possible and access to as much as possible features of the SoC. 

 

2 hours ago, Tido said:

Why is it no longer available ?

Actually, I don't know the whole history.. From their own forum, it seems that the guy who offered the board 'diapered' and nobody knows exactly why.. A lot of his backers (I think he started it with a indiegogo crowd funding campaign), are a bit pissed that he didn't respond in their forum anymore... IMO the campaign was a bit an 'overkill' - having so many different possibilities to buy a board (with camera, with display, wifi etc.).

Maybe @Icenowy knows more? She was involved in mainline support for the V3s. From the mailing list, this will be the first allwinner SoC with mainline CSI support (some dashcams/actioncams use it, and it's atm the easiest way to get this SoC soldered on a board). I would like to see a well designed board with an V3s and a small footprint not as 'performance wonder'. More as a 'bridge' between ESP8266/32 and H3.  Their forum is still active and 'alternative' designs are shared in the community... :) 

http://bbs.ilichee.cc/c/lichee-pi-zero

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why I mentioned the german dialect, because I was suprised that his nickname: petit_miner  leads to a german speaking, I expected french.

 

14 hours ago, TonyMac32 said:

How old is this project?

see on github, summer 2017

 

14 hours ago, TonyMac32 said:

Why bigger than a Pi?

A good question - I am not sure if it was him who's intention it was to make as many connector accessible as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why I mentioned the german dialect, because I was suprised that his nickname: petit_miner  leads to a german speaking, I expected french.
 
A good question - I am not sure if it was him who's intention it was to make as many connector accessible as possible.
Well, perhaps Swiss? ;-)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have three of the V3s based LicheePi Zero's and they work ok, V3s mainline u-boot and 4.16.x Linux work out of the box... you can still buy those at the taobao shop page Zepan set up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TonyMac32 said:

Well, perhaps Swiss? ;-)

Mais oui, les swiss française apprennent l'allemand à l'école... @martinayotte couldn't stop laughing when he would hear my accent. :lol:

 

2 hours ago, Xalius said:

you can still buy those at the taobao shop page Zepan set up...

nice that here is an opportunity.. But for 'non chinese' a page only in chinese might be a bit hard. As far as I understand google translate right, there's a price for defective board (~4$) and a price for original (I guess they work? for ~8$). For 8$ and with acceptable taxes/shipping I would be interested but seems not as easy to bring them to switzerland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0