Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip

ok, thx
  3. vivekpk

OPZ+2 H5 enable SPi but no /dev/spi-dev

thanks, will check with this and let you know the result
  4. vivekpk

yes, i am using i2c and gpio along with the spi
  5. with the armiban-build-system I did build some dev-images. Sometimes I see in other threads, that later build images have newer kernel or package versions. While trying apt update && apt upgrade I didnt get these newer packages So my first try was to use the armbian-build-system and do use the function for creating u-boot and kernel that will give me some .debs in ./build/output/debs/ like this: linux-u-boot-dev-nanopineo2_5.82_arm64.deb linux-dtb-dev-sunxi64_5.82_arm64.deb linux-image-dev-sunxi64_5.82_arm64.deb linux-headers-dev-sunxi64_5.82_arm64.deb linux-source-dev-sunxi64_5.82_all.deb install these (mostly I didnt do that for the headers and source) with dpkg -i will result in higher package numbers, but not for the armbian / bsp-kernel version for getting here the right version I have to compile (again) - now - the a whole OS-image to get linux-stretch-root-dev-nanopineo2_5.82_arm64.deb in ./build/output/debs/stretch If you did install also this .deb with dpkg -i I do get the right/higer armbian/bsp-kernel-version: Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.82 user-built Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 5.0.7-sunxi64 package bsp-kernel[5.82] u-boot[5.82] dtb[5.82] firmware[5.79] config[5.81] armbian-config does update via apt update && apt upgrade I try to update this way because I didnt want to use a whole new OS-image and reconfigure it. But I think it isnt the right way to update, when I have to compile 2 times on to get the root-deb Is there another way to generate this file? And is there a way to not generate the headers and source .debs? The source .deb take a while because it is getting as big as 370MB Is there a better way or does nobody other like me update this way?
  6. madurani

OrangePiZero AP-wifi authentication issue:

Kernel should be new: root@orion2:~# uname -a Linux orion2 4.19.25-sunxi #5.78 SMP Mon Apr 8 07:46:22 CEST 2019 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux
  7. martinayotte

It depends : are you using those ? Simply edit again /boot/armbianEnv.txt and add "param_spidev_spi_bus=0" or "param_spidev_spi_bus=1" depending which bus you want to activate... and then reboot ...
  8. Today
  9. vivekpk

how will i do that
  10. vivekpk

you mean without i2c0 and w1-gpio
  11. chwe

[RockPro64] Armbian upstream kernel/uboot test?

that's why it's a good starter.. we had even issues in getting the board booting with upstream u-boot. are you sure it's an software issue? Could also be bad SATA-USB enclosure (assuming that's what you connect to USB3) and or bad powering..
  12. martinayotte

The spi-spidev has some requirement to be met, it is not as simply load it in overlays list, it requires the "param_spidev_spi_bus" ...
  13. What if you start only with spi-dev overlay?
  14. chwe

H6 board low power consumption

If you read through the topics in which @tkaiser did those optimizations, you hopefully got that you need to monitor power-consumption after adjustments to see if your changes have an impact or not (best practice here is then to check consumption with PSU, not after PSU). IMO I don't think that the overall mainline support is ready to yet for such tweaks cause H6 is wip, but feel free to spend your time with it. What's the goal. reduce consumption but it will be anyways 'wall powered' or do you try to make a battery powered solution? is set by u-boot see as far as I remember.. you would have to recompile a custom uboot and freeze it. depends on used PMIC (so which H6 board you have) would need proper testing to ensure it's working reliable. Further not 100% failsafe that every H6 SoC behaves the same (e.g. I assume there aren't many people around knowing how constant the h6 SoCs are in their capability to lower cpu voltage --> should be in the DT so you can test it). Not sure if the GPU nodes already landed in DT, check it. HDMI is porbably there.. but you may have to check if it makes a difference, (e.g. test if https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/c8319a2740146e3106051f9206b5ba1a45306752/patch/kernel/sunxi-dev/board-h6-add-orangepi-one-plus-and-lite2.patch#L137 =disabled is already sufficient). If it's for educational purposes (e.g. learning a bit about u-boot, kernel & DT), go for it.. if you really want to optimize stuff I would wait until kernel support is more mature). Make sure that for your use-case it actually has an positive impact (e.g. monitoring consumption over time and compare).
  15. ... to work under Linux in general. If you use old kernels you are just further away. Just a note that more wireless chips are supported out of the box under modern Armbian kernels then on upstream kernel from Ubuntu or Debian. Try if you don't believe Yes, it will not be simple. Welcome to Linux wireless networking.
  16. vivekpk

log files is her http://ix.io/1GZ7
  17. manuti

nvidia jetson nano

18. I don't see any logs from your machine. Type armbianmonitor -u
  19. vivekpk

I am having the same issue with Banana PI M2+ H3 board i don't see any spi devices under /dev/
  20. megi

Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip

Don't worry, these are just early driver probe failures, that succeed later on as they are retried.
  21. Hi, I'm here to dig into low power consumption with allwinner H6 boards, I own an OrangePi one plus and I'm already doing some tests. With an H3 board and legacy kernel I would simply tweak fex file to turn off the unnecessary, and there is already good material around this argument. But with mainline kernel there is no documentation about lowering power consumption. I would really appreciate some hints on how to tweak down consumption for H6 boards and mainline kernel, probably editing DT overlay or some other config/patch files, and re-building? I already tweaked the simplest things like: -Using fast ethernet instead of gigabit -Lowering max CPU frequency (even if I chose this soc for higer CPU performance) Following what has already been done with H3 board I still have these things to try: -Disabling GPU and HDMI -Disabling USB -Lowering DRAM clockspeed And eventually downvolting more than the standard voltage for both core and memory (if possible, I'm open for try and miss testing) If you have some hints it would be really appreciated, I will of course share my findings hoping to help someone else. Thanks in advance
  22. Igor

[RockPro64] Armbian upstream kernel/uboot test?

Thanks! If you plan to keep them concise, then this https://www.armbian.com/rock64/ is best place. Here you can check what is generally expected. If you agree, you get a password on email, the rest - technical details if needed - are written in the dashboard when you login.
  23. balbes150

Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 4.1x (>= ver 5.55)

RK3399 is a much more powerful device.
  24. balbes150

nvidia jetson nano

First impressions of the Armbian Ubuntu (XFCE) desktop are quite good. With a desktop resolution of 1080, all videos and programs run without brakes. Video from YouTube in the browser at 1080 full screen works without brakes. Desktop with 4K resolution works without brakes, but if you run 720-1080 full screen video slows when working on a full screen, when working with native resolution works without brakes.
  25. martinayotte

quick review Banana Pi M3

hmmm ... I guest your best bet is to stay with 4.20.y, at least for now ...
  26. data

H6 Famous Reboot problem

Just made a fresh install and reboot works fine! Great! Thank you for your support!!
  27. amirul

Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 4.1x (>= ver 5.55)

How's performance compared to RK3399?
  1. Load more activity