All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. TonyMac32

Daily (tech related) news diet

Via hackaday Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  3. Yesterday
  4. Seasalt

Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 4.1x (>= ver 5.55)

I agree, I think the N2 s922x is about $70. But I already have a M4 RK3399 and I do not see any compelling reason to buy another early in development board. I have been very happy with my s912 $28 Mecool KM8 1gb ram boards running Babes Armbian . I find they are a lot of fun and am able to do one computer task well but are a bit slow on two tasks or Web surfing useless.
  5. I'm only just getting started with this project. So far I have gotten a lot of help from some great people and looking to get further along with this project as time goes on. My main goal is to turn the tinkerboard into a linuxcnc control system with a drop in SDcard/EMMC image(s). The images will be preloaded with everything needed to setup a cnc machine for different control systems such as GPIO, ETHERNET, SPI depending on one's choice or needs for control. The gpio will provide direct step/dir, end stops, router power control signals, etc.... the normal cnc machine control logic one would expect when using a parallel port. Ethernet and SPI will be options for anyone using drivers like the MESA controllers for example. At this point I have the working and current FULL preempt RT images and kernel DEB packages for any one looking to build or install. I have posted the files HERE. I have a working image setup with linuxcnc already compiled, and 3d/opengl video drivers fully working. If anyone is interested or willing to host the multi gig file let me know. CURRENTLY HAL for SPI, GPIO and ETHERNET are not built. These are areas I'm looking for help. Also at this point I could really use a hand with TUNING the build or tuning options for compiling the kernel if any. I'm weak in regards to software, strong in the hardware as well the electronics side. The last few issues I'm having are with the driver support for my LCD. it is not currently working at all. I have a raspberry pi 7" LCD with a native res. of 1024x600. I have to run it at 1024x768 which stretches the image a bit as well makes smaller print harder to read. The other issue though more of a personal one, I have an I2C RTC setup but i2c is not fetching the TIME/DATE but rather seeking network time. I do not know how to fix this and the few febal attempts I've made, I discovered that armbian has been rather locked down to use network time rather then seek multi sources for current time. I'm currently on the kernel 4.19 full preempt RT kernel. If anyone is interested in seeing photos of the project and the VERY custom mold and shell I built for this project check this LINK I've gotten a lot of positive feed back on it so far.
  6. koakh

X96 MAX (S905X2) with Armbian-ubuntu

Hello again I try to extract dtb file following this post, and other posts on net https://www.cnx-software.com/2014/05/12/how-to-extract-a-device-tree-file-from-android-firmware-files/ the only way I can get the dtb file (meson1.dtb) is with a tool Amlogic Customization Tool that someone comments about in above post but I try boot it in my box without success, it try to boots, jump to black screen after a 1 or 2 seconds can someone help me to extract dtb for my A95X max Box, or advance in get access to usb to sata bridge module thanks in advance meson1.dtb Update: can someone confirm that this command works to extract a useful dtb to boot armbian dd if=/dev/dtb | gzip > /storage/emulated/0/Download/dtb.img.gz
  7. I'm trying to create an access point on a Tinker Board S with a MT7601U wifi dongle, since the wifi that it incorporates I could not make it work. When I configure the AP, this message appears. One of your wireless drivers are on a black list due to poor quality. AP mode might not be possible! Is not supported in Armbian? is one of the hardware devices tested?
  8. Petee

Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 4.1x (>= ver 5.55)

Here near Chicago have been able to purchase the S912 (two of them) for around $60 each. One is a running KODI Coreelec box and doing OK with older kernal. The other is going to be a combo automation server. Looking next to purchase an RK3399 although these are closer and above $100 these days. Hopefully soon will find one with a Gb NIC, 4Gb of RAM, USB 3.0, 64Gb eMMC built in for $60 USD.
  9. How do you know U-boot detects pendrive? from your log: scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found Can you get a (verbose) log from successive boot (I would prefer from "Armbian_5.65_Bananapi_Ubuntu_bionic_next_4.14.78.7z - Working")? I suppose there should be some report in the kernel log about partitions found, similar to mmc: [ 4.108295] mmcblk0: mmc0:aaaa SL16G 14.8 GiB [ 4.117872] mmcblk0: p1
  10. chwe

[RockPro64] Armbian upstream kernel/uboot test?

did you check it's not a cable issue (maybe your rockpro64 usb3 isn't as tight as the one on your notebook. It can be a software issue.. just check the hardware possibilities as well.
  11. Petee

A64 date/time clock issue

Been running now around 72 hours with no time or network issues from what I can tell here. Updated this morning to current build. | _ \(_)_ __ ___ / /_ | || | | |_) | | '_ \ / _ \ '_ \| || |_ | __/| | | | | __/ (_) |__ _| |_| |_|_| |_|\___|\___/ |_| Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.79.190420 nightly Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS 4.19.36-sunxi64 System load: 0.20 0.30 0.27 Up time: 10:52 hours Memory usage: 32 % of 2001MB IP: 192.168.244.149 CPU temp: 45°C Usage of /: 17% of 29G [ General system configuration (beta): armbian-config ] Last login: Tue Apr 23 04:19:50 2019 from 192.168.244.231 Removed hwclock sync on reboot root@ICS-Pine64:~# date Tue Apr 23 15:11:36 CDT 2019 root@ICS-Pine64:~# hwclock 2019-04-23 15:11:39.210334-0500 root@ICS-Pine64:~# ./test_timer TAP version 13 # number of cores: 4 ok 1 same timer frequency on all cores # timer frequency is 24000000 Hz (24 MHz) # time1: dc584c0bf7, time2: dc584c0b00, diff: -247 # time1: dc5f5f93f7, time2: dc5f5f9300, diff: -247 not ok 2 native counter reads are monotonic # 2 errors # min: -247, avg: 8, max: 16137 # diffs: -10084 not ok 3 Linux counter reads are monotonic # 1 errors # min: -10084, avg: 552, max: 116709 # core 0: counter value: 946811128468 => 39450 sec # core 0: offsets: back-to-back: 12, b-t-b synced: 8, b-t-b w/ delay: 11 # core 1: counter value: 946811131161 => 39450 sec # core 1: offsets: back-to-back: 15, b-t-b synced: 8, b-t-b w/ delay: 10 # core 2: counter value: 946811134613 => 39450 sec # core 2: offsets: back-to-back: 14, b-t-b synced: 8, b-t-b w/ delay: 10 # core 3: counter value: 946811136586 => 39450 sec # core 3: offsets: back-to-back: 10, b-t-b synced: 8, b-t-b w/ delay: 10 1..3
  12. SriLK

NanoPI M4

I recovered all the files from my unbootable M4 EMMC and got my server back on with same functionality as before. Once done I wanted to know why I couldn't mount the raw image partitions backed up with friendlyarm's eflasher utility (or directly with dd from my Linux box of the eMMC connected with the USB-EMMC interface supplied by Friendlyarm)... that had been much easier! After some investigation, the secret here WAS that there is a extra 4MB offset to add to the informed offsets. This is the calculations done rkflashkit log: uboot (0x00002000 @ 0x00002000) 4 MiB trust (0x00002000 @ 0x00004000) 4 MiB misc (0x00002000 @ 0x00006000) 4 MiB resource (0x00006000 @ 0x00008000) 12 MiB kernel (0x00010000 @ 0x0000E000) 32 MiB boot (0x00010000 @ 0x0001E000) 32 MiB rootfs (0x01CEF000 @ 0x00030000) 14814 MiB Offsets once mounted as recovery. Hexs are in 512 Byte blocks, so: 0x00030000 = 196608 = x*1024*1024/512; x= 96Mb = 100663296 B rootfs actual offset at raw image: 0x6400000 = 104857600 B = 100 MB So, for rootfs: sudo mount -o loop,offset=104857600 -t ext4 friendlycore-bionic-4.4.raw.img /media/img/ Diff offset to add to the informed offset by recovery = 4mb example for partition boot: 0x0001E000 = 122880 = x*1024*1024/512; x= 60Mb raw image real offset for boot = 60 + 4 = 64Mb = 67108864 B Summarizing: for mounting the rootsfs partition contained in the raw image (containing a Friendlyarm distributed linux OS), what is needed to do is: sudo mount -o loop,offset=104857600 -t ext4 friendlycore-bionic-4.4.raw.img /media/img/ I thought that somebody might be in the same situation as the one I was in my 1st post. AND, if that somebody is not able to enter recovery mode by shorting the ADC_IN1 (R35) point to GND while connecting the USB Type-C, them, might prefer to extract the files by mounting the rootfs partition. Or even make changes directly there. Thats all!
  13. madurani

OrangePiZero AP-wifi authentication issue:

It can be wpa_supplicant. and parameter disable_scan_offload. But config file of wpa_supplicant not exist and service is managed via NM.
  14. no - i dont get different versions..... the root .debs only does change the bsp-kernel/armbian-version number, but the image .deb does contain the new kernel. Can I use the parameters also from the commandline like the Expert="yes"?
  15. Mathias

@IgorThanks! Now I need to deliver... :-) @chweNo, I'm using a "noname" enclosure that is based around the JMS578. But again, it just works great when connected to my laptop (with Debian Buster) and always makes trouble on the RockPro. I wanted to make sure this is not a problem with power, so I used a 6A power supply (universal power supply designed for laptops) and got the same trouble. But I'll try again with this power supply and the "stable" 4.4 kernel and either come back with a big smile on my face or with a backtrace...
  16. You can control this by setting INSTALL_HEADERS="no" BUILD_KSRC="no" in config-default.conf About the other issue you describe, I'm not sure to be understanding you correctly. Are you saying that you get different kernel version when building complete images and when building only kernel packages?
  17. chwe

@Mathias, congrats to your new role.. somehow similar I got mod here.. Well, my interest in your project is minor.. and just to be clear. I don't claim that there aren't any software bugs for USB3 on those boards (I simply don't know it). But a driver/DTS issue might be hard to debug (depending on your kernel experience - at least for me it would be). Whereas troubleshooting hardware related bugs might be easier. I assume it's the one provided by pine in their store? From what I heard (and this is mostly @tkaiser review of it) It should be one of the better choices. looking into schematics.. USB should allow at least 5V/1A on each port as long as the PSU can deliver it (http://files.pine64.org/doc/rockpro64/rockpro64_v21-SCH.pdf p3). Did you check dmesg if there's some obvious errors. E.g. losing link multiple times during heavy load or try the same adapter on an USB2 of the RockPro this would nail it down to USB3 (software or hardware - cause powering for those are the same on the RockPro).
  18. BTW. You can achieve the same network topology with ifupdown + hostapd and there such setup is known to work. Also with better performance.
  19. Yes, that's a good start. I tried with Realtek 8811 - it works fine if AP is without password while it doesn't if I set password. We could conclude its something generic, bug in Network manager or something in kernel is missing, but what? uname -a Linux lime 5.0.9-sunxi Ubuntu Bionic
  20. Igor

You got email with credentials Welcome! Changes are usually very slow and when you find out that some important problems are solved, you edit/remove that part of listed bugs. Bug list is not that big anymore.
  21. Mathias

@chweI've used the enclosure (based on JMicron JMS 578 chip) on my laptop to transfer almost 400G of data without any problems twice (with UAS mode, thanks to an updated firmware ) but as soon as it is connected to my RockPro, I can not transfer/read more than a few Gb (ie the nightly rsync of my hosted Nextcloud to my backup system was enough to trigger the bug). I've tried disabling uas (blacklisting it and checking that it was really used as "mass storage") but this was not enough to make it stable. So far, I've reverted to moving my Nextcloud to an sdcard (so the rsync does not find anything on the USB3 drive that needs syncing). If you want, I can provide a backtrace (I ssh to it and start copying data around, so when it goes down, I still have the backtrace in my ssh terminal). @IgorI would love to step in as board "maintainer" but so far, I don't have enough days as registered member... (and I can not promise to test all new stuff regularly, since I also use my board as a server, so I can not always afford to bring it down at any given time). In the mean time, I can start a thread in the forums to collect some links and information about the board.
  22. ilchenko Evgeny

Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip

ok, thx
  23. vivekpk

OPZ+2 H5 enable SPi but no /dev/spi-dev

thanks, will check with this and let you know the result
  24. vivekpk

yes, i am using i2c and gpio along with the spi
  25. with the armiban-build-system I did build some dev-images. Sometimes I see in other threads, that later build images have newer kernel or package versions. While trying apt update && apt upgrade I didnt get these newer packages So my first try was to use the armbian-build-system and do use the function for creating u-boot and kernel that will give me some .debs in ./build/output/debs/ like this: linux-u-boot-dev-nanopineo2_5.82_arm64.deb linux-dtb-dev-sunxi64_5.82_arm64.deb linux-image-dev-sunxi64_5.82_arm64.deb linux-headers-dev-sunxi64_5.82_arm64.deb linux-source-dev-sunxi64_5.82_all.deb install these (mostly I didnt do that for the headers and source) with dpkg -i will result in higher package numbers, but not for the armbian / bsp-kernel version for getting here the right version I have to compile (again) - now - the a whole OS-image to get linux-stretch-root-dev-nanopineo2_5.82_arm64.deb in ./build/output/debs/stretch If you did install also this .deb with dpkg -i I do get the right/higer armbian/bsp-kernel-version: Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.82 user-built Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 5.0.7-sunxi64 package bsp-kernel[5.82] u-boot[5.82] dtb[5.82] firmware[5.79] config[5.81] armbian-config does update via apt update && apt upgrade I try to update this way because I didnt want to use a whole new OS-image and reconfigure it. But I think it isnt the right way to update, when I have to compile 2 times on to get the root-deb Is there another way to generate this file? And is there a way to not generate the headers and source .debs? The source .deb take a while because it is getting as big as 370MB Is there a better way or does nobody other like me update this way?
  26. madurani

OrangePiZero AP-wifi authentication issue:

Kernel should be new: root@orion2:~# uname -a Linux orion2 4.19.25-sunxi #5.78 SMP Mon Apr 8 07:46:22 CEST 2019 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux
  27. martinayotte

It depends : are you using those ? Simply edit again /boot/armbianEnv.txt and add "param_spidev_spi_bus=0" or "param_spidev_spi_bus=1" depending which bus you want to activate... and then reboot ...
  1. Load more activity