All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks, now I have to compare with my working system. Currently all values seem fine, but I have to do more detailed analysis.
  3. @jernej - the result for 5.2.8 without your suggested change and without video=HDMI-A-1:e are the same as for the 5.3-rc3 version above (i.e. non working hdmi) - the 5.2.8 results from above are without your suggested change and with video=HDMI-A-1:e (i.e. working hdmi)
  4. @hexdump sorry, I wasn't clear enough, I'm interested in values from non-working setup (5.2.8 without workaround), but those values will be also useful for comparison.
  5. @jernej - sorry - the above values were when booted 5.3-rc3 with your test from above - monitor connected, but no hdmi output. the below is 5.2.8 with working hdmi out: 0x06000104 - 0x0 0x06003000 - 0x2E 0x06003004 - 0xF1 0x06003007 - 0x2 best wishes - hexdump
  6. @jernej - here they are: 0x06000104 - 0x0 0x06003000 - 0x16 0x06003004 - 0xF0 0x06003007 - 0x2 i used devmem2 addr b - i hope you can obtain what you are looking for from that as well - ? best wishes - hexdump
  7. Today
  8. To my knowledge, it has been fix with the above patch months ago ... Which image are you using ?
  9. I could indeed have put a lot more info into it. Someone asked me about my dektop setup. So I quickly made this video. Sorry you don't like it. Cheers.
  10. @hexdump please provide 8-bit values from following memory locations when display is connected: 0x06000104, 0x06003000, 0x06003004 and 0x06003007. You can use devmem for that, e.g. "devmem 0x06003000 8".
  11. @jernej - i just tried your change, but sadly it does not make any difference - still no hdmi signal
  12. Are you saying that Etcher would have automatically removed the offset?
  13. Hei Guys is there any news about this A64 problem? it keeps happening, and makes my pine64 completely unreliable
  14. You focus on the customization of the desktop, but way too little for the newbee on what to look for on the armbian download site ! This is where most stumble and could really need some guidance. For example https://www.armbian.com/pine-h64/ just below the download button you find information what maybe not working. Rock Pi4 seems to be perfect image , no drawbacks mentioned there. But there is the button Check other download options.. what is it there for and why? In conclusion, I would make two Videos : Install Armbian on an SBC - 1/2 how to download and install ( RockPi4B ) Install Armbian on an SBC - 2/2 Desktop Set up - Install to NVMe ( RockPi4B ) Last, but not least - you suggest several programs to install, why not place the code in the comment section of the video: sudo apt install mate-config and so on. Reading the comment section - people who watched it mostly appreciate your tipps for customization of XFCE... while for this you probably find 10-40 videos. I don't want to be negative, but your title is Install Armbian on an SBC and this was too short for my taste.
  15. Well, if you look earlier in the thread, I solved the problem by activating the gpio in uboot (and even then the pin could be different depending on the board). I never managed to make it work using sunxi-pio (though I never really tried).
  16. To create wpa_supplicant.conf use the follwing command and replace only MySSID with your Wifi_SSID and MyWiFiPassword with the password of your WiFi-Network: su -c "wpa_passphrase MySSID MyWiFIPassword > /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf" In /etc/network/interfaces I do use the following config for a wlan0 configuration: (here you only have to adjust the IP-address and the gateway-IP) # device wlan0 auto wlan0 allow-hotplug wlan0 iface wlan0 inet static address 192.168.6.126 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.6.1 dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf # Disable power saving on compatible chipsets (prevents SSH/connection dropouts ) wireless-mode Managed wireless-power off This combination does work here since years The context of your wpa_supplicant.conf should be like something like this: network={ ssid="MySSID" #psk="MyWiFIPassword" psk=eb6934445c268ab6ba6138318e69929b8b68bd6421c679410c01f2ad78fafe21 } I you know your WiFi password for sure you can delete the bold line with the leading # I did read in the last years that the uncoded password wouldnt work anymore in some cases.
  17. Meh, dl speed is only at 7 mb/s. With my router I get at least 10 mb/s....Any idea if I could up that somehow? I now changed governor to performance but that doesn't seem to do much. Strange thing I noticed is, that running htop, it only shows 8 little cpu cores not 4 big and 4 little....Also cpu frequency never exceeds 1.5 ghz on any core....Is there sth. wrong? This is cat cat /etc/default/cpufrequtils output: # WARNING: this file will be replaced on board support package (linux-root-...) upgrade ENABLE=true MIN_SPEED=600000 MAX_SPEED=2000000 GOVERNOR=performance
  18. I also would perform a sleep 1 or sleep 3 between the two. GPIO handling may take some time, on chipset side. If the pins we talk about are power, or ENABLE pins for the client, even longer time may be required (for internal firmware to startup). Before complaining /dev/video0 does not appear, you need to report the output of dmesg, which gives details about what driver found ... or not. Also check 10 times your sunxi line; many tuto may give wrong addresses; and sometimes even for the same board, different libs may use different numbering schemes ... (had the issue on rPi).
  19. Thank you for replying to my question. After I tried with different .img file, which is nightly I think, everything worked well. I successfully installed wiringpi both in Python2 and Python3. But a problem now is that I get "Segmentation fault" errors when I try to use call back function with wiringpi.wiringPiISR(PIN_TO_SENSE, wiringpi.GPIO.INT_EDGE_BOTH, gpio_callback) in some codes such as shown here https://github.com/WiringPi/WiringPi-Python/blob/master/examples/callback.py. as soon as I command wiringpi.wiringPiISR(PIN_TO_SENSE, wiringpi.GPIO.INT_EDGE_BOTH, gpio_callback) the gpio_callback function which I defined execute some times (typically ~10 times), that segmentation fault error occurs. I have tested it with python2 and python3 as well. Do you have any idea why this happens or maybe how to deal with this? Thank you,
  20. hello, I'm trying to have armbian buster with HW decoding. But even with the default config, I'v got this error: output/debug/compilation.log
  21. You could use balbes150 his N2 Buster image. This is with kernel 5.2. But almost everything works as it should. Otherwise you could build a Buster image yourself if you've got an x86 pc. https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/
  22. Signaling voltage... TTL serial is 3.3V - 5V signalling.. RS232 is 12v. You'll definitely want to use the USB TTL serial on your PC.
  23. I'm trying with both. but can you explain their difference?
  24. Just confirming--- you're using a USB TTL serial adapter right. not USB-RS232?
  25. Hello, I'm interested in armbian buster for odroid n2 too... Were you able to check it?
  1. Load more activity