2 2
lanefu

testers wanted THE testing thread

DSC_0001.thumb.JPG.e84bcb4a66f67a94618e42ec65b7f82a.JPG

Picture of first power / serial board. This is the old design and I am awaiting for new one (just got DHL notification of incoming parcel) 

I expect that till end of August the prototype will be assembled and electrically tested. Then as promised I will publish design and manufacturing files.

Thx @lanefu, as I already wrote I am also interested in that design, to sort out my shelf of SBCs and stop messing with SD cards.

That said may it be that in the future I can connect some of my boards (as I have dozen of not used ones) for continuous integration of future Armbian changes.  In a automatic way.

So the question quickly pops up: I will continue with HW design but who will do the scripts that will use that HW? :) I.e. run compile.sh, upload to remote SD, power SUT, gather logs?

Thx [mention=1231]lanefu[/mention], as I already wrote I am also interested in that design, to sort out my shelf of SBCs and stop messing with SD cards.
That said may it be that in the future I can connect some of my boards (as I have dozen of not used ones) for continuous integration of future Armbian changes.  In a automatic way.

So the question quickly pops up: I will continue with HW design but who will do the scripts that will use that HW? :) I.e. run compile.sh, upload to remote SD, power SUT, gather logs?
Im a devops consultant and fluent in Ansible so I think im Obligated in that regard. I can at least handle the plumbing hopefully others can implement the more granular testing once the framkework is in place.

Status update. DHL parcel received. New boards photos: 

FE49E331-507E-43B6-B5AA-1D29865C7FD1.thumb.jpeg.daaf7e2b1dde2625c14e9bc9f15d55dd.jpeg

and SD adapter inserted into Rock64

5A070289-A7CC-4E14-A6A2-9E8F0DE55D9C.thumb.jpeg.fb30d33a3c5bc4732ff28f5caf76ff1d.jpeg

Now I am waiting for remaining components then soldering/assembly will start.