Jump to content

Armbian for Tanix TX3 Amlogic S905X3 with SP6330 WiFi/Bluetooth module


hannah
 Share

Recommended Posts

Search Before Posting!

Hello Daniel,

go and download image from  https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/arm-64/ . I had  Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.9.0.img.xz and yesterday crashed my ssd and now i am trying Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_bullseye_current_5.9.0_desktop.img.xz . Both work ok. If you want you can try and the other images.

Then follow the instructions from the link below (from 2step)

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12988-armbian-for-amlogic-s905x3/?do=findComment&comment=109829

 

For .dtb i am using the meson-sm1-sei610-ethfix.dtb from this post https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12988-armbian-for-amlogic-s905x3/?do=findComment&comment=108204 and it is ok.

Good luck

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I messed up my emmc and after having restored it using Burn_Card_Maker_V2.0.3 with both factory images and custom images (slimbox) I have lost ability to boot from SD and USB :(

Is it because the u-boot is broken or not the one I had before?

Does an armbian image that I could use with Burn_Card_Maker exist ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I figured out a combination of bad SD cards and possibly the CD card reader that is not 100% reliable is creating the above situation, hence I started investigating the install to emmc following the instructions available here BUT the install script seems to be missing from Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0.img.xz, am I mistaken?

 

On 2/8/2021 at 6:15 PM, Daniel Cagarrinho said:

Anyone can put the vfd working normally??

Mine was stuck with the message “boot”

it is possible to put the clock back working??

 

this would need these drivers, I wonder if they are available in armbian, there is also another thread in the forum but nobody answered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/8/2021 at 12:15 PM, Daniel Cagarrinho said:

Anyone can put the vfd working normally??

Mine was stuck with the message “boot”

it is possible to put the clock back working??

I'm not aware of anyone that has done this successfully.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, lcapriotti said:

tks! There are two possible candidates: install-aml-s905-emmc.sh and install-aml.sh, which one shall be used on our box?

The install-aml-s905-emmc.sh is for boxes running the s905 cpu

The install-aml.sh script is for boxes running all other s905?? cpus (s905x,s905w, s905x2, s905x3, etc)

I don't have any s905 based boxes so I have only ever used the install-aml.sh script for my s905w, s905x2 and s905x3 boxes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2021 at 11:34 AM, Alexx said:

Hello Daniel,

go and download image from  https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/arm-64/ . I had  Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.9.0.img.xz and yesterday crashed my ssd and now i am trying Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_bullseye_current_5.9.0_desktop.img.xz . Both work ok. If you want you can try and the other images.

Then follow the instructions from the link below (from 2step)

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12988-armbian-for-amlogic-s905x3/?do=findComment&comment=109829

 

For .dtb i am using the meson-sm1-sei610-ethfix.dtb from this post https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12988-armbian-for-amlogic-s905x3/?do=findComment&comment=108204 and it is ok.

Good luck

 

Hello Alexx, did you get wifi working with meson-sm1-sei610-ethfix.dtb??

Or it is necessary to do something else?

 

Once again tank you very much for your help, since you have helping me i have home assistant running perfectly :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2021 at 2:15 PM, Daniel Cagarrinho said:

I need some help, did anyone get wifi working with tanix tx3??

what i can do to make it work???

 

Daniel,
Were you able to get the wifi up and running?
I'm having the same problem, I tried a few things but without success.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Daniel Cagarrinho said:

wen I reboot the box the os cannot start properly

Can you provide anymore information?  When you say the box doesn't start properly what exactly do you mean.  Especially as you also said you have wifi working.  Those two sentences seem to contradict each other, so there must be more information that you could share.  Also is this happening from an install on SD or emmc?  When did it stop working?  What changes did you make between successfully working and your new problems?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I boot using a USB stick, then I used the two commands :

 

```
sudo mv /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt.old
sudo ln -s  /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.txt /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt
```

after that I entered in the armbian-config and managed to connect to a wifi network, then restarted the box and no longer be able to boot armbian!

Conclusion this two commands turn possible the usage of wifi, but somehow causes a problem removing the ability to boot the system after the change!!!

 

 

 

Ps: I just can post 1 time a day here!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2021 at 10:00 PM, Daniel Cagarrinho said:

I boot using a USB stick, then I used the two commands :

 

```
sudo mv /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt.old
sudo ln -s  /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.txt /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt
```

after that I entered in the armbian-config and managed to connect to a wifi network, then restarted the box and no longer be able to boot armbian!

Conclusion this two commands turn possible the usage of wifi, but somehow causes a problem removing the ability to boot the system after the change!!!

 

 

 

Ps: I just can post 1 time a day here!

Could you please explain why do you use 6330 instead of 4330 ? And what is about your tvbox now, can you fix and boot again ?

 

Tks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2021 at 3:52 PM, Daniel Cagarrinho said:

I have successfully connected wifi, but wen I reboot the box the os cannot start properly!!! I have followed the instructions from this topic

I have been focused on the wifi changes that I perhaps have overlooked something else.  Do you have armbian installed on emmc?  The reason I ask is that I have multiple boxes where if armbian is installed on emmc, they sometimes will not reboot.  The work around is to install an sd card (with a bootable version of armbian installed, including the correct dtb configured), boot once from the sd card and then remove the sd card and the system will then boot normally from emmc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2021 at 10:00 PM, Daniel Cagarrinho said:

I boot using a USB stick, then I used the two commands :

 

```
sudo mv /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt.old
sudo ln -s  /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.txt /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt
```

after that I entered in the armbian-config and managed to connect to a wifi network, then restarted the box and no longer be able to boot armbian!

Conclusion this two commands turn possible the usage of wifi, but somehow causes a problem removing the ability to boot the system after the change!!!

 

 

 

Ps: I just can post 1 time a day here!

 

I run 2 commands as yours and run armbian-config, come to network/wifi but I still can't see wifi list, just only "Wired"

 

 Wired              ↑ │ <Deactivate> │
                                          │ │ * Ifupdown (eth0)  ▒ │             

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all

I try again 2 commands

sudo mv /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt.old
sudo ln -s  /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.txt /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt

And now my TX3 Mini has wifi, good news !

 

my TX3 Mini uses S905W, not S905X3 and uses SP6330 - X, not SP6330, my dtb is "/dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dtb"

Now it has wifi but no bluetooth and I still really want it have bluetooth. Does anyone here try to get bluetooth in TX3 mini with same chipsets as mine ?

 

Thanks

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...