RK3288 and RK3188

balbes150

Hi guys,

I wanted to try this out, but I can't get my Minix X7 to boot from SD. I downloaded the Jammy xfce desktop .xz file from 20220205, extracted the .img and burned on SD with USBimager. I have tries different sizes of SD (8, 32, 64 GB) but none works, there' s no HDMI output. Android booting goes fine (Wasser 3.0.6 Firmware). Am I missing something? 

Thanks in advance

@balbes150 Thanks for your work

Docker/cifs not working.

modprobe cifs
modprobe: FATAL: Module cifs not found in directory /lib/modules/5.10.96-rk3188

mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system
mount error(19): No such device
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg)

level=warning msg="Running modprobe bridge br_netfilter failed with message: modprobe: WARNING: Module bridge not found in directory /lib/modules/5.10.96-rk3188\nmodprobe: WARNING: Module br_netfilter not found>
level=warning msg="Running iptables --wait -t nat -L -n failed with message: `iptables/1.8.7 Failed to initialize nft: Protocol not supported`, error: exit status 1"
failed to start daemon: Error initializing network controller: error obtaining controller instance: failed to create NAT chain DOCKER: iptables failed: iptables -t nat -N DOCKER: iptables/1.8.7 Failed to initialize nft: Protocol not supported

zgrep -i cifs /proc/config.gz
# CONFIG_CIFS is not set
zgrep -i netfilter /proc/config.gz
# CONFIG_NETFILTER is not set
zgrep -i bridge /proc/config.gz
# CONFIG_ARCH_FOOTBRIDGE is not set
# CONFIG_BRIDGE is not set
CONFIG_DRM_BRIDGE=y
CONFIG_DRM_PANEL_BRIDGE=y
# Display Interface Bridges
# CONFIG_DRM_SIMPLE_BRIDGE is not set
# end of Display Interface Bridges

Can you compiling one updated kernel with modules with enough function for running docker/cifs with bridged network ?

Edited by cracker

Hello everyone, 

Just found this by chance and I have one of these boxes sitting around gathering dust that would be awesome to make use of. Sadly Im running into issues and wanted to see if anyone has ideas to help. Ive exhausted all the troubleshooting i know

I have a cs918 v7.0 box, here are some photos i found online that include pictures of the internals.

https://www.admir.kiev.ua/ru-i-offer-i-id-i-646057-i-android-tv-cs918-mk888q7-2gb8gb-android-smart-tv-box-smart-tv-me.html

It has rk3188 with RTL8723  wifi and ip101 ethernet.  The android on the nand boots and works fine

I tried multiple images and all the rk3188 dts files, the device seems to start booting but I get no HDMI output. The ethernet seems to establish a link but does not send out any packets for a DHCP request or anything at all, no traffic at all seen from the port. Same with a usb ethernet adapter, establishes a link but no traffic. A usb keyboard has working numlock/cap lock leds so it does not seem to be frozen, and ctrl alt del reboots the system. 

I tried 2x different chipset usb/serial adapters, they seem to get initialized but i dont get any output with them after adding console=ttyUSB0,9600n8 to the extlinux.conf file.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this? No display, console, and no network connection means I have no idea what's going on.  I cannot find any connection points for uart on the pcb as well.  Even if i did find a uart line, will armbian output logs over it? 

I finally found the uart pins on the pcb. I also found a voltage regulator for the hdmi chip was not getting powered up, explaining the no hdmi. I tried force powering it, no change on the hdmi output when that regulator was enabled.

I also tried another known real samsung microsd card, still fails. 

Bootlogs attached if anyone has any idea what to check next. I tried disabling the hdmi output since the chip wasnt getting power anyways, multiple dts files,  but all seemed to stop at this line printk: bootconsole [uart8250] disabled

https://pastebin.com/8dyJFjie

Is the output simply being disabled at this point? I am unable to type into the console after this. 

Here is the factory android boot log. 

https://pastebin.com/J01HcFiu

Her is a photo of the pcb. 

https://pasteboard.co/abnDv9o21RXY.jpg

I tried multiple images and all the rk3188 dts files, the device seems to start booting but I get no HDMI output

in dts HDMI transmitter IT66121, you have RK616

https://github.com/150balbes/build/blob/e4c493f845a9f7541579447afc197907ceaeedf6/patch/kernel/rk3188-current/1-linux-0001-rk3188-rbox-DTs.patch#L719

Edited by dis

Hello Everyone:

I keep using my MK802iV, which has a RK3188 SoC.

I just stopped caring about HDMI out put, Let me just mention that only 1 of the monitors and TV screens i have at hand worked just fine, for the others all i was getting was a black screen; despite this,  i decided to install pihole on it, and it has been working fine for several days,  now having a screen attached is not a must, as i can access it with ssh from my local network just fine (I used a USB to ethernet adapter).

One question remains on the air for me; is it possible to install Armbian on the internal storage for my device? (instead of booting from the Microsd), i'm asking cause sometimes when restarting (due to power loss, as an example) android starts instead of Armbian, and i just have to power cycle the device so Armbian is booted again; while this is a small inconvenience, it would be great to have it sorted out.

regards.

Genlekt

Your problem is that the kernel cannot make a clean reboot and not the booting hardware. This is a usual trouble difficult to repair. A software change is the best solution but maybe none of your choices will work fine on this.

Does armiban fail to build on a chroot system?

ChromeOS > Ubuntu(jammy)  https://github.com/dnschneid/crouton

chroot: failed to run command ‘/bin/bash’: Permission denied
[ o.k. ] Applying distribution specific tweaks for [ jammy ]
[ o.k. ] Configuring locales [ en_US.UTF-8 ]
[ o.k. ] Applying common tweaks 
[ .... ] Cleaning [ package lists ]
[ .... ] Updating [ package lists ]
[ .... ] Temporarily disabling [ initramfs-tools hook for kernel ]
[ .... ] Installing [ linux-u-boot-current-rk3188_23.02.0-trunk_armhf.deb ]
[ error ] ERROR in function install_deb_chroot [ functions/cli/cli-entrypoint.sh:109 -> functions/main/build-tasks.sh:285 -> functions/main/build-tasks.sh:208 -> functions/main/rootfs-image.sh:77 -> functions/rootfs/distro-agnostic.sh:280 -> functions/rootfs/apt-install.sh:22 -> functions/logging/traps.sh:0 ]
[ error ] Installation of /root/linux-u-boot-current-rk3188_23.02.0-trunk_armhf.deb failed [ rk3188 jammy no rk3188 ]
[ o.k. ] Process terminated 
[ error ] unmount_on_exit() called! [ functions/cli/cli-entrypoint.sh:109 -> functions/main/build-tasks.sh:285 -> functions/main/build-tasks.sh:208 -> functions/main/rootfs-image.sh:77 -> functions/rootfs/distro-agnostic.sh:280 -> functions/rootfs/apt-install.sh:22 -> functions/logging/traps.sh:1 -> functions/main/rootfs-image.sh:0 ]
[ o.k. ] Unmounting [ /home/rock_chromeos/work/armbian/build/.tmp/rootfs-830c7651-4f58-455d-a170-de8547878608/ ]
[ error ] ERROR in function unmount_on_exit [ functions/cli/cli-entrypoint.sh:109 -> functions/main/build-tasks.sh:285 -> functions/main/build-tasks.sh:208 -> functions/main/rootfs-image.sh:77 -> functions/rootfs/distro-agnostic.sh:280 -> functions/rootfs/apt-install.sh:22 -> functions/logging/traps.sh:1 -> functions/main/rootfs-image.sh:27 -> functions/logging/traps.sh:0 ]
[ error ] debootstrap-ng was interrupted 

Edited by cracker

Build with 

BOARD=rk3188 BRANCH=current RELEASE=jammy BUILD_MINIMAL=no BUILD_DESKTOP=no KERNEL_ONLY=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no CARD_DEVICE="/dev/sda"

But the development board cannot start!

col :11
col :10
chn 0 col 10, row 15
sdram_init done
DTONE=0x3, DTERR=0x0, DTIERR=0x0, DTPASS=0x24, DGSL=1 extra clock, DGPS=180
DTONE=0x3, DTERR=0x0, DTIERR=0x0, DTPASS=0x1b, DGSL=1 extra clock, DGPS=180
ZERR=0, ZDONE=0, ZPD=0x0, ZPU=0x0, OPD=0x0, OPU=0x0
DRV Pull-Up=0xb, DRV Pull-Dwn=0xb
ODT Pull-Up=0x2, ODT Pull-Dwn=0x2

U-Boot SPL 2021.01-armbian (Jan 14 2023 - 03:02:23 +0000)
Trying to boot from BOOTROM
Returning to boot ROM...

Hello,
Has anyone successfully installed Armbian on a Minix X7 with LAN working?

I've  installed Armbian Buster (Armbian_21.05.0-trunk_Rk3188_buster_current_5.10.27_xfce_desktop.img.xz).

Now I just want to install OpenMediaVault5 but I have a problem with the LAN not working (the LAN port lights are off).

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Hi,

this is my first post.

First: A big thanks to Balbes150 for his work, I've downloaded his rk3188 rom and it work fine at first attempt. On Minix neo 7 work fine, boot up and LAN seams to work.

Second: Someone know if is possibile to add driver for AP6330 wifi to bullseye_current_5.10.96 ? it is arm 32bit.

Thanks to everyone

Hi,

i was unbale to boot again and with with regularity from Sdcard.

The problem is the HDMI because the sistem boot up, led on keyboard and mouse power up but the screen remain always in "no signal"

Without SD the box start with android, with an old version of linuxium the box boot up , Only with all version of Armbian the screen remain black.

can someone help me to test and maybe pass me a guide on how to recompile the kernel and create custom versions?

On 1/25/2022 at 7:34 PM, Capeschae said:

Hi Billyme,

After looking into the dts file ( de-compiled dtb file),  I found a power supply configuration that was set too low (1.1Volt instead of 1.2 Volt) for the IT66121FN HDMI chip.  I changed this, compiled it into a dtb file and now everything seems to run stable for hours.  However,  a lot of things don't run yet. No audio, no Bluetooth,  no internal WiFi and no internal LAN.

Hi,

can you send more detail about this mod?
Thanks

On 2/10/2022 at 10:44 AM, Capeschae said:

LAN working on Minix NEO X7.

For now I gave up on trying to find the IO-pin that controls the LAN power on the Minix NEO X7 board.

By making a hardware modification, involving removing a voltage controller (because unfortunately 1 pin broke during the modification) and placing a wire to get the LAN power supply from another voltage controller, I got LAN up and running. I will leave it running for a couple of days to see if nothing breaks.

I can state that the drivers for the Realtek 8152B USB ethernet adapter are working

Hi,

please can you send more detail about this hardware mod?

Thanks a lot!

Until last week, I have been able to compile working images for my Minix Neo X7 tv box with @balbes150 git branch. This is no longer possible for rk3188 or rk3288 in the CSC/WIP/EOS/TVB tab of the ./compile.sh menu :-(((. It was really fun while it lasted. Any possibility of seeing it again in a near future?

Hello guys, I'm new here and I would like some help flashing the image to a radxa rock pro. 

The first question is if the image is a root fs?

The second question is what should I do in order to flash it to the rock pro?

Thnaks in advance.