Audio on NEO Core Mainline

Splitice

We are in the process of migrating from NanoPI NEO's to NanoPI NEO Core's as part of that we are moving to mainline NEO Air / NEO Core images. I noticed that audio playback is soft / fades in at the start of the file. This only seems to occur on mainline images.

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Mathew Heard said:

This only seems to occur on mainline images.

Mainline kernel is not quite finished and is not recommended to use in production. ATM it is somewhere in a testing/bug hunting stage. A month. Few months.

Unfortunately legacy has it's own problems on NEO Core too (e.g one big one is that it takes >3m to boot, I suspect it's trying to get the wifi/bt up).

To those who find this thread a workaround is to transmit 500ms of blank wav, then wait 3 seconds then start the actual playback. This appears to prime the audio circuitry (DAC?), perhaps it's power saving. Priming appears to last for 20-30 seconds.

3 hours ago, Mathew Heard said:

To those who find this thread a workaround is to transmit 500ms of blank wav, then wait 3 seconds then start the actual playback. This appears to prime the audio circuitry (DAC?), perhaps it's power saving. Priming appears to last for 20-30 seconds.

thats the same with the NanoPi Duo :(

I have been playing around with this as it is really annoying and have found that (on my board) by unmuting mic1, playback will be instant - but there is a loud pop/click.

Does anyone know how to remove the click/pop?

J.