Exynos 5422 (Odroid XU4, HC1, HC2) Media Testing Script

JMCC

The UN-official, UN-supported, UN-timely, UN-derrated...

Exynos 5422 MEDIA TESTING SCRIPT

Yes, the script is somewhat untimely, because it comes when including kernel 4.14 in Armbian next images is getting troublesome. And underrated, because this old SoC seems to be losing the focus of attention in favor of some more modern powerful ones. But it is still a great SoC, and it is worth trying to get the best out of it.

The script will provide the installation of all the libraries and system configurations necessary for GPU accelerated X desktop, Chromium WebGL,VPU decoding/encoding acceleration through MFC, and GLES 3.1 / OpenCL 1.1 support.

It will also install two media players (MPV and Kodi stable) and FFmpeg, all of them using VPU acceleration.

Two example programs using the OpenCL functionality: Examples form the Arm Compute Library, and a GPU crypto miner (an old version, but small and simple).

Two additional small packages, that have no big interest from the developer prospective, but I find them interesting to play with: Support libraries for commercial web video streaming (tested with Netflix), and a simple Pulseaudio GTK equalizer using LADSPA.

Since all the features require the 4.14 kernel to work, the script will also give the option to install an archived 4.14.43 Armbian kernel, in case some other version is detected in the system. Of course, the best option is to use armbian-config to perform a kernel upgrade, but we are providing the archived version just in case the 4.14 packages disappear temporarily from Armbian repos.

Also, this script can be tailored for desktop or headless installation, by selecting the appropriate options in the main menu.

Here is a more thorough documentation:

Spoiler

ARMBIAN UNOFFICIAL Exynos 5422 MEDIA TESTING SCRIPT
---------------------------------------------------
v1.0 Xenial - 2018/05/27

This script will install several multimedia-related software pieces in a
XU4/HC1/etc. Ubuntu Xenial Armbian desktop dev image (kernel 4.14.y).
Currently it only supports the installation of the features, while
uninstall must be performed manually.

The script must be run in a command line from the same directory it was
unpacked (./media-5422.sh), and will ask for superuser privileges if not
launched with "sudo". Each subfolder contains, in addition to the
packages needed for installation, a text file with information about the
sources for those packages.

Since it requires kernel 4.14.y to work, the first thing the script will
do is checking the kernel version, and in case it does not match the
required version, it will give the user the option to install a bundled
4.14.43-dev Armbian kernel. Though, it is recommended to exit the script
and perform the kernel upgrade through armbian-config, in order to get
the latest version.

Later, it will present the user with a menu where they can select the
features to be installed. Here is a brief description of each option:

- System: This option will install the base libraries and system files 
          configuration. It must be run at least once before installing
          any of the other features, and re-run in case some system
          upgrade modifies any of the pertinent configs.

- Xserver: If this option is enabled, it will install and configure the
           accelerated X server. It will also make other options use the
           X version of the apps and libs when it is enabled, or the 
           fbdev version when disabled. Currently, it affects the base 
           system libs and Kodi.

- Devel: When this option is enabled, the script will install the 
         development libraries for every other option that is enabled.
         So, for example, if in your first run of the script you keep 
         this option disabled and enable the rest, it will install all 
         the features but without any devel lib. If eventually you need,
         e.g., to compile some app requiring Gstreamer development libs,
         then you can run again the script, and select only "Devel" and
         "Gstreamer", so in that run it will only install Gstreamer with
         the development libraries, without touching the rest.

- MPV: This is an updated version of MPV, which will use EGL 
       acceleration for display and, optionally, MFC hardware decoding.
       The MFC implementation does not support dmabuf, so it won't
       improve much the smoothness of software decoding, but it will
       keep CPU usage much lower.
         · To use the non-MFC version, just type "mpv <file>" in the
           console, or use the launcher labeled simply "mpv Media
           Player".
         . To use the MFC acceleration, type "mpv -hwdec <file>", or use
           the "mpv (MFC)" launcher.

- FFmpeg: This will install FFmpeg 3.4 with improved MFC hardware
          encoding support. The standard FFmpeg already supports v4l2,
          but this version patched by memeka allows you to set bitrate.
            · To use the hardware encoder, invoke it like the following
              example:
                $ ffmpeg -i <infile> -an -vcodec h264_v4l2m2m -b:v 2M \
                 -pix_fmt nv21 <outfile>.mp4
            · It seems like Emby supports HW transcoding through the 
              Exynos 5422 MFC with this FFmpeg installed, but I have not
              tested it. More info:
              https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/issues/2762

- CLSamples: A couple of simple programs to test OpenCL capabilities:
         · Compiled examples from the Arm Compute Library
         . An old GPU crypto miner (cgminer) with support for
           extra algorythms like Skein.
         They are installed under ~/clsamples, where you can find
         a readme.txt file with instructions.

- Streaming: This will install the Widevine and Pepper-Flash libraries
             for Chrome, enabling you to stream videos from sites such
             as Netflix (tested) or Hulu (untested).
             It will also install the h264ify addon, which will force
             all Youtube videos to use the H.264 codec.

- Equalizer: A GTK-based equalizer for PulseAudio, using LADSPA. You
             need to enable it through the menu entry, and select the
             desired preset or tweak your own settings. The "Boosted"
             preset is recommended for everyday use.
             This package is old and unmaintained, but I still find it
             useful.

- Kodi: A stable Kodi 17.6 Krypton with EGL display and MFC hardware 
        decoding. Depending on whether you selected "Xserver" or not in 
        the option above, it will install the X11 or the fbdev version.

As you see, you can tailor the script options for desktop or headless
configurations. For example, OpenCL and FFmpeg can be useful even in
the HC1/HC2/MC1, for tasks such as media transcoding, GPU mining, etc..

Please report bugs and suggestions in the thread dedicated to this
script at the Armbian Forum. Enjoy!

JMCC.

>>> DOWNLOAD LINK <<<

Instructions:

Download the file above

Untar it: tar xvf media-exynos5422_1.0.tar.xz

cd exynos5422

./media-exynos5422.sh

Notes:

• This script is not officially supported by the Armbian project. It is just a community effort to help the development of the main build, by experimenting with a possible implementation of the media capabilities of this particular SoC.
  • Therefore, questions about the script should not be laid out as support requests, but as commentaries or community peer-to-peer assistance.
  • That being said, all commentaries/suggestions/corrections are very welcome. In the same way, I will do my best to help solve any difficulty that may arise regarding the script.

Enjoy!

Some tech notes:

@Igor @zador.blood.stained : In this case, the X driver did not need the name to be changed, because it is a specific driver to Exynos SoC's (xserver-xorg-video-armsoc), so there was no problem with it replacing the upstream version. Unless, of course, it creates some conflict with S5P6818 (Nanopc T3/Nanopi Fire3 users, if you can shed some light it will be appreciated).

However, the version from Hardkernel repos requires a custom libpixman to work, but I have compiled this one against the standard libpixman, just to simplify. Though it is not too well documented, I think the reason for the custom libpixman is some troubles with VNC. I have tested x11vnc with this library, and it works perfectly.

That can be due to the fact that, unlike Hardkernel, we are disabling the Composite and RENDER X extensions. With them enabled, you run into different problems, that can be verified in Hardkernel images, such as some UI elements becoming invisible.

14 hours ago, zador.blood.stained said:

AFAIK the xf86-video-armsoc driver is generic and can support multiple platforms (i.e. there was a patch to add sunxi DRM+Mali support to it).

Well, actually, according to the documentation, the module should choose dinamically the right DRM driver among the supported ones. But the fact is that Ubuntu packages divide the driver into two modules, one for exynos and the other for pl111. The generic "xserver-xorg-video-armsoc", in Ubuntu, is just a meta-package that will install "xserver-xorg-video-armsoc-exynos". I have tried this driver in other non-exynos SoC's and it didn't work.

At the same time, the driver has so many forks that it is difficult to make general statements. For example, the version forked by Rockchip seems to be backwards-compatible with the original "generic" version: I tested it on the XU4, and it works, though performance is noticeably worst than the driver we are using in this script. This driver has been further patched for the Rock64, and it can be interesting for RK3328 boards (I'll dig more on this when I get my Renegade).

The version we are using in this script is yet another fork, based on the Ubuntu version, made by CrashOverride from the Odroid community. It adds some very interesting features, such as G2D acceleration support and fullscreen Vsync.  I'm not sure if these mods can be ported to other versions of the driver, but simply using it as-is in another SoC won't work, as I pointed above.

1 hour ago, Mr.Grape said:

Any updates or is the project dead?

If the community is interested, I can release a Bionic version. But right now I'm busy with the Rockchips, this one will go later.

It just seemed to me like there was not much interest in XU4, because people were not posting here (in Rockchip SoC's there is a stream of posts with each release)

• Igor pinned this topic
  • chwe changed the title to Exynos 5422 (Odroid XU4, HC1, HC2) Media Testing Script

Hello, 

I am the happy owner of the Odroid HC-1 running Armbian currently. Is there support on the Debian side of things regarding this devices ability to encode video using ffmpeg? Ive been trying to find instructions on how to compile the code myself

3 hours ago, monery said:

Is there support on the Debian side of things regarding this devices ability to encode video using ffmpeg?

Yes, there is, and you can find the instructions in this same forum:

You can skip the Emby part, if you don't want it. As a matter of fact, I now recommend the recent FOSS project Jellyfin over Emby (I myself made the contribution to Jellyfin that enabled XU4/HC1 hardware encoding, so I can confirm it works).

On 11/10/2019 at 3:09 PM, JMCC said:

You can skip the Emby part, if you don't want it.

before posting on the forum, I did try using just the ffmpeg out of the project. I figured I was maybe doing something wrong since every attempt to render a video ended in errors, followed by some random location causing a seg fault. I hope its me and troubles with new software. Another idea I just had... it would be great if I could do sudo apt install ffmpeg-exynos-5422. Is there anything legal that would prevent a compiled package like this to be added to armbian?

1 hour ago, monery said:

it would be great if I could do sudo apt install ffmpeg-exynos-5422

Yes, it would be. That is something in my TO-DO list, but my personal life hasn't given me the chance to do it in the last months. Let's see if it can be done at some point.

1 hour ago, monery said:

every attempt to render a video ended in errors, followed by some random location causing a seg fault

Please try with the ffmpeg from the post linked above. Keep in mind it is compiled for a Debian Stretch image. Anyway, the latest official ffmpeg is also supposed to have support for MFC encoder, though I'm not sure whether it supports bitrate enforcing, like the one I compiled. I used this repo: https://github.com/mihailescu2m/FFmpeg

On 11/13/2019 at 11:05 AM, JMCC said:

Please try with the ffmpeg from the post linked above. Keep in mind it is compiled for a Debian Stretch image. Anyway, the latest official ffmpeg is also supposed to have support for MFC encoder, though I'm not sure whether it supports bitrate enforcing, like the one I compiled. I used this repo: https://github.com/mihailescu2m/FFmpeg

my attempts to run the included ffmpeg on this thread are the ones that I attempted to use. I am using Debian Stretch. If it should work, I wonder now if my device is faulty. I'd like to explore this more, and give the URL you compiled from a try. Is there any special settings required in the ./configure you ran?

The ffmpeg provided in the thread above should work, if you are using Debian Stretch. Please follow these steps:

1. Install the ffmpeg packages, and hold them to avoid upgrades, as described in the thread above
  2. Make sure your user is part of the "video" group:
    sudo usermod -aG video <yourusername>

3. Then reboot, and try the following command line:
    ffmpeg -i <infile> -an -vcodec h264_v4l2m2m -b:v 2M -pix_fmt nv21 <outfile>.mp4

4. Post here the results. 

Hi there,

thanks a lot for your script. Unfortunately, I started with a Buster version of Armbian for XU4, so that did not make it.
I got some errors along the way, and ffmpeg has not been installed.
Out of curiosity, I rebuilt the standard ffmpeg package on this very machine before trying to modify anything.
Once built, your provided command line works, but all the cores are used pretty heavily, so I guess the hardware acceleration just does not work.

Spoiler

ffmpeg -i bbb_sunflower_1080p_30fps_stereo_abl.mp4 -an -vcodec h264_v4l2m2m -b:v 2M -pix_fmt nv21 output.mp4
ffmpeg version 4.1.4-1~deb10u1 Copyright (c) 2000-2019 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 8 (Debian 8.3.0-6)
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version='1~deb10u1' --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf --incdir=/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf --arch=arm --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --disable-filter=resample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libaom --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libcodec2 --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libjack --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librsvg --enable-librubberband --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-lv2 --enable-omx --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libdrm --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libx264 --enable-shared
  libavutil      56. 22.100 / 56. 22.100
  libavcodec     58. 35.100 / 58. 35.100
  libavformat    58. 20.100 / 58. 20.100
  libavdevice    58.  5.100 / 58.  5.100
  libavfilter     7. 40.101 /  7. 40.101
  libavresample   4.  0.  0 /  4.  0.  0
  libswscale      5.  3.100 /  5.  3.100
  libswresample   3.  3.100 /  3.  3.100
  libpostproc    55.  3.100 / 55.  3.100
Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'bbb_sunflower_1080p_30fps_stereo_abl.mp4':
  Metadata:
    major_brand     : isom
    minor_version   : 1
    compatible_brands: isomavc1
    creation_time   : 2013-12-16T17:46:34.000000Z
    title           : Big Buck Bunny, Sunflower version
    artist          : Blender Foundation 2008, Janus Bager Kristensen 2013
    comment         : Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 - http://bbb3d.renderfarming.net
    genre           : Animation
    composer        : Sacha Goedegebure
  Duration: 00:10:34.53, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 5482 kb/s
    Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 1920x2160 [SAR 1:1 DAR 8:9], 4999 kb/s, 30 fps, 30 tbr, 30k tbn, 60 tbc (default)
    Metadata:
      handler_name    : GPAC ISO Video Handler
    Stream #0:1(und): Audio: mp3 (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 160 kb/s (default)
    Metadata:
      creation_time   : 2013-12-16T17:46:41.000000Z
      handler_name    : GPAC ISO Audio Handler
    Stream #0:2(und): Audio: ac3 (ac-3 / 0x332D6361), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 320 kb/s (default)
    Metadata:
      creation_time   : 2013-12-16T17:46:41.000000Z
      handler_name    : GPAC ISO Audio Handler
    Side data:
      audio service type: main
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (h264 (native) -> h264 (h264_v4l2m2m))
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x575a90] driver 'exynos-gsc' on card 'exynos-gsc gscaler'
    Last message repeated 1 times
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x575a90] driver 's5p-mfc' on card 's5p-mfc-enc'
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x575a90] Using device /dev/video11
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x575a90] driver 's5p-mfc' on card 's5p-mfc-enc'
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x575a90] h264 profile not found
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x575a90] Encoder adjusted: qmin (0), qmax (51)
Output #0, mp4, to 'output.mp4':
  Metadata:
    major_brand     : isom
    minor_version   : 1
    compatible_brands: isomavc1
    composer        : Sacha Goedegebure
    title           : Big Buck Bunny, Sunflower version
    artist          : Blender Foundation 2008, Janus Bager Kristensen 2013
    comment         : Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 - http://bbb3d.renderfarming.net
    genre           : Animation
    encoder         : Lavf58.20.100
    Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (h264_v4l2m2m) (avc1 / 0x31637661), nv21, 1920x2160 [SAR 1:1 DAR 8:9], q=2-31, 2000 kb/s, 30 fps, 15360 tbn, 30 tbc (default)
    Metadata:
      handler_name    : GPAC ISO Video Handler
      encoder         : Lavc58.35.100 h264_v4l2m2m
[mp4 @ 0x5695f0] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous: 0, current: 0; changing to 1. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
[mp4 @ 0x5695f0] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous: 832000, current: 0; changing to 832001. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.

If you ever have the configuration used to compile your version of ffmpeg, I'd be glad to test it on my machine.

5 hours ago, gounthar said:

but all the cores are used pretty heavily, so I guess the hardware acceleration just does not work.

It should be working only for encoding, according to the ffmpeg output you provided. But, since it is doing SW decoding, therefore the high CPU usage. Just try this command line instead, for both HW decoding and encoding:

ffmpeg -vcodec h264_v4l2m2m -i <infile> -an -vcodec h264_v4l2m2m -b:v 2M -pix_fmt nv21 <outfile>.mp4

It should run steadily at a little less that 60fps, with minimal CPU usage.

On 11/10/2019 at 11:09 PM, JMCC said:

Yes, there is, and you can find the instructions in this same forum:

You can skip the Emby part, if you don't want it. As a matter of fact, I now recommend the recent FOSS project Jellyfin over Emby (I myself made the contribution to Jellyfin that enabled XU4/HC1 hardware encoding, so I can confirm it works).

HI @JMCC, first of all, thanks for your awesome work.

I'm using Odroid-HC2 with Jellyfin as oficial docker, right now v10.4.3 and trying to use Exynos v4l2 hardware encoding. I have installed your ffmpeg but in Jellyfin I'm getting this log and get stucks here:

[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x741340] driver 's5p-mfc' on card 's5p-mfc-enc'
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x741340] Using device /dev/video11
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x741340] h264_v4l2m2m encoder: enabling bit rate control: 11164110
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x741340] h264 profile not found
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x741340] Encoder adjusted: qmin (0), qmax (51)

Full log:

Spoiler

Full LOG

{"Protocol":"File","Id":"7a410d2968f555dfc172e0cb6d328a05","Path":"/media/Series/Dimension W/Season 1/Dimension W - S01E09 - The Key to Adrastea HDTV-1080p.mkv","Type":"Default","Container":"mkv,webm","Size":1014622336,"Name":"Dimension W - S01E09 - The Key to Adrastea HDTV-1080p","IsRemote":false,"ETag":"f1ca086b4a99274ccccf1f0048d8b051","RunTimeTicks":14541200384,"ReadAtNativeFramerate":false,"IgnoreDts":false,"IgnoreIndex":false,"GenPtsInput":false,"SupportsTranscoding":true,"SupportsDirectStream":true,"SupportsDirectPlay":true,"IsInfiniteStream":false,"RequiresOpening":false,"RequiresClosing":false,"RequiresLooping":false,"SupportsProbing":true,"VideoType":"VideoFile","MediaStreams":[{"Codec":"hevc","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"1001/24000","VideoRange":"SDR","DisplayTitle":"1080P HEVC","IsInterlaced":false,"BitRate":5582055,"RefFrames":1,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Height":1080,"Width":1920,"AverageFrameRate":23.976025,"RealFrameRate":23.976025,"Profile":"Main 10","Type":"Video","AspectRatio":"16:9","Index":0,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"PixelFormat":"yuv420p10le","Level":123},{"Codec":"flac","Language":"jpn","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"1/48000","DisplayTitle":"Jpn FLAC stereo Default","IsInterlaced":false,"ChannelLayout":"stereo","BitDepth":24,"Channels":2,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Audio","Index":1,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"ass","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","localizedUndefined":"Undefined","localizedDefault":"Default","localizedForced":"Forced","DisplayTitle":"Undefined - Default","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":2,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Level":0}],"Formats":[],"Bitrate":5582055,"RequiredHttpHeaders":{}}

/usr/bin/ffmpeg -i file:"/media/Series/Dimension W/Season 1/Dimension W - S01E09 - The Key to Adrastea HDTV-1080p.mkv" -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 h264_v4l2m2m -pix_fmt nv21  -b:v 11164110 -maxrate 11164110 -bufsize 22328220 -level 41 -force_key_frames:0 "expr:gte(t,0+n_forced*3)" -vf "scale=trunc(min(max(iw\,ih*dar)\,1920)/64)*64:trunc(ow/dar/2)*2" -copyts -vsync -1 -codec:a:0 aac -strict experimental -ac 2 -ab 192000  -f hls -max_delay 5000000 -avoid_negative_ts disabled -start_at_zero -hls_time 3 -individual_header_trailer 0 -hls_segment_type mpegts -start_number 0 -hls_segment_filename "/config/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/a74babd90dd5714c906c265eff61094f%d.ts" -hls_playlist_type vod -hls_list_size 0 -y "/config/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/a74babd90dd5714c906c265eff61094f.m3u8"

ffmpeg version 3.4.2-9 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 6.3.0 (Debian 6.3.0-18+deb9u1) 20170516
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version=9 --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf --incdir=/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librubberband --enable-librsvg --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-omx --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-v4l2_m2m --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libdrm --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencv --enable-libx264 --enable-shared
  WARNING: library configuration mismatch
  avcodec     configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version=9 --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf --incdir=/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librubberband --enable-librsvg --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-omx --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-v4l2_m2m --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libdrm --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencv --enable-libx264 --enable-shared --enable-version3 --disable-doc --disable-programs --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libtesseract --enable-libvo_amrwbenc
  avfilter    configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version=9 --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf --incdir=/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librubberband --enable-librsvg --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-omx --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-v4l2_m2m --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libdrm --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencv --enable-libx264 --enable-shared --enable-version3 --disable-doc --disable-programs --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libtesseract --enable-libvo_amrwbenc
  libavutil      55. 78.100 / 55. 78.100
  libavcodec     57.107.100 / 57.107.100
  libavformat    57. 83.100 / 57. 83.100
  libavdevice    57. 10.100 / 57. 10.100
  libavfilter     6.107.100 /  6.107.100
  libavresample   3.  7.  0 /  3.  7.  0
  libswscale      4.  8.100 /  4.  8.100
  libswresample   2.  9.100 /  2.  9.100
  libpostproc    54.  7.100 / 54.  7.100
Input #0, matroska,webm, from 'file:/media/Series/Dimension W/Season 1/Dimension W - S01E09 - The Key to Adrastea HDTV-1080p.mkv':
  Metadata:
    encoder         : libebml v1.3.9 + libmatroska v1.5.2
    creation_time   : 2019-11-17T03:26:36.000000Z
  Duration: 00:24:14.12, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 5582 kb/s
    Chapter #0:0: start 0.000000, end 20.020000
    Metadata:
      title           : Part A
    Chapter #0:1: start 20.020000, end 110.027000
    Metadata:
      title           : OP
    Chapter #0:2: start 110.027000, end 687.020000
    Metadata:
      title           : Part B
    Chapter #0:3: start 687.020000, end 1344.385000
    Metadata:
      title           : Part C
    Chapter #0:4: start 1344.385000, end 1447.112000
    Metadata:
      title           : ED
    Chapter #0:5: start 1447.112000, end 1454.120000
    Metadata:
      title           : Avance
    Stream #0:0: Video: hevc (Main 10), yuv420p10le(tv, bt709/unknown/unknown), 1920x1080, SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 23.98 tbc (default)
    Metadata:
      BPS-eng         : 4133495
      DURATION-eng    : 00:24:14.120000000
      NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 34864
      NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 751324775
      _STATISTICS_WRITING_APP-eng: mkvmerge v40.0.0 ('Old Town Road + Pony') 64-bit
      _STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC-eng: 2019-11-17 03:26:36
      _STATISTICS_TAGS-eng: BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTES
    Stream #0:1(jpn): Audio: flac, 48000 Hz, stereo, s32 (24 bit) (default)
    Metadata:
      BPS-eng         : 1431795
      DURATION-eng    : 00:24:14.120000000
      NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 17041
      NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 260250258
    Stream #0:2: Subtitle: ass (default)
    Metadata:
      BPS-eng         : 13358
      DURATION-eng    : 00:24:10.930000000
      NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 5192
      NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 2422777
    Stream #0:3: Attachment: ttf
    Metadata:
      filename        : contm.ttf
      mimetype        : application/x-truetype-font
    Stream #0:4: Attachment: ttf
    Metadata:
      filename        : Prototype.ttf
      mimetype        : application/x-truetype-font
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (hevc (native) -> h264 (h264_v4l2m2m))
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (flac (native) -> aac (native))
frame=    0 fps=0.0 q=0.0 size=N/A time=-577014:32:22.77 bitrate=N/A speed=N/A    
frame=    0 fps=0.0 q=0.0 size=N/A time=-577014:32:22.77 bitrate=N/A speed=N/A    
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x741340] Using device /dev/video11
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x741340] h264_v4l2m2m encoder: enabling bit rate control: 11164110
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x741340] h264 profile not found
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x741340] Encoder adjusted: qmin (0), qmax (51)

Edited by Stylxd

I assume you want to use my ffmpeg, instead of the one included with jellyfin. In that case, you have two options: either install jellyfin debs in your main system instead of using docker, or if you want to keep using docker, then you need to install my debs inside the docker container.

Personally, I prefer to use plain debs instead of docker, it makes everything easier (upgrading, database maintenance, custom ffmpeg, etc).

In any case, remember you must also change the "ffmpeg path" in jellyfin control panel, to "/usr/bin/ffmpeg"

49 minutes ago, JMCC said:

I assume you want to use my ffmpeg, instead of the one included with jellyfin. In that case, you have two options: either install jellyfin debs in your main system instead of using docker, or if you want to keep using docker, then you need to install my debs inside the docker container.

Personally, I prefer to use plain debs instead of docker, it makes everything easier (upgrading, database maintenance, custom ffmpeg, etc).

In any case, remember you must also change the "ffmpeg path" in jellyfin control panel, to "/usr/bin/ffmpeg"

@JMCC I'm using your ffmpeg in jellyfin's docker but stuck with encoding (same than last log).

Which jellyfin and ffmpeg versions are you using? and it's working with v4l2 encoding?

19 minutes ago, Stylxd said:

Which jellyfin and ffmpeg versions are you using? and it's working with v4l2 encoding?

I'm using version 10.4.3, using regular packages (not docker). And yes, HW encoding works.

Okay, I see two weird things in your log:

• First, the message "frame= 0 fps=0.0 q=0.0 size=N/A time=-577014:32:22.77 bitrate=N/A speed=N/A" before the [h264_v4l2m2m] messages.  No idea why it is there.
  • Second the very high bitrate. Did you set it on purpose, or you just let it choose the default?

I suggest you do two things: 1) Try some other source file; and 2) try to manually set a lower bitrate. 

Then post the results.

8 minutes ago, JMCC said:

I'm using version 10.4.3, using regular packages (not docker). And yes, HW encoding works.

Okay, I see two weird things in your log:

• First, the message "frame= 0 fps=0.0 q=0.0 size=N/A time=-577014:32:22.77 bitrate=N/A speed=N/A" before the [h264_v4l2m2m] messages.  No idea why it is there.
  • Second the very high bitrate. Did you set it on purpose, or you just let it choose the default?

I suggest you do two things: 1) Try some other source file; and 2) try to manually set a lower bitrate. 

Then post the results.

Bitrate is choosen by default, didn't modify it.

I'm tring in local machine with ffmpeg but only encodes with v4l2m2 if I add -an (without audio) to a video track.

I'm using Linux HC2 4.14.150-odroidxu4 kernel, root user (uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),29(audio),44(video),46(plugdev),100(users),108(netdev)).

Going to try installing jellyfin deb 10.4.3

25 minutes ago, Stylxd said:

only encodes with v4l2m2 if I add -an

It's a know issue. My research suggested it has to do with timing issues when it muxes video and audio, but never looked into it deeply.

However, it does not affect jellyfin, because it uses separate mpegts for output

12 minutes ago, JMCC said:

It's a know issue. My research suggested it has to do with timing issues when it muxes video and audio, but never looked into it deeply.

However, it does not affect jellyfin, because it uses separate mpegts for output

Oh, great then. Right now local Jellyfin is scanning some tv shows.

@JMCC I have not achieved anything with deb jellyfin.

On the other hand, tryed again with docker jellyfin using your ffmpeg and trying with other file looks like encoding is working but slow speed. With last log file gets stuck trasconding...

Spoiler

Log

{"Protocol":"File","Id":"10fde90ad63dd1bb00607f189fc1d735","Path":"/media/Peliculas/The Lighthouse (2019)/El faro 2019 Bluray-1080p.mkv","Type":"Default","Container":"mkv,webm","Size":12139567565,"Name":"El faro 2019 Bluray-1080p","IsRemote":false,"ETag":"cf1726de19bb8a3964a6b296d593a641","RunTimeTicks":65615680000,"ReadAtNativeFramerate":false,"IgnoreDts":false,"IgnoreIndex":false,"GenPtsInput":false,"SupportsTranscoding":true,"SupportsDirectStream":true,"SupportsDirectPlay":true,"IsInfiniteStream":false,"RequiresOpening":false,"RequiresClosing":false,"RequiresLooping":false,"SupportsProbing":true,"VideoType":"VideoFile","MediaStreams":[{"Codec":"h264","Language":"eng","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"1001/48000","VideoRange":"SDR","DisplayTitle":"1080P H264","NalLengthSize":"4","IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":true,"BitRate":14800812,"BitDepth":8,"RefFrames":1,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Height":1088,"Width":1920,"AverageFrameRate":23.976025,"RealFrameRate":23.976025,"Profile":"High","Type":"Video","AspectRatio":"16:9","Index":0,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"PixelFormat":"yuv420p","Level":41},{"Codec":"dts","Language":"spa","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"1/48000","DisplayTitle":"Spa DTS 5.1 Default","IsInterlaced":false,"ChannelLayout":"5.1","BitRate":768000,"Channels":6,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Profile":"DTS","Type":"Audio","Index":1,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"ac3","Language":"eng","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"1/48000","DisplayTitle":"Eng Dolby Digital 5.1","IsInterlaced":false,"ChannelLayout":"5.1","BitRate":640000,"Channels":6,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Audio","Index":2,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"PGSSUB","Language":"spa","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","localizedUndefined":"Undefined","localizedDefault":"Default","localizedForced":"Forced","DisplayTitle":"Spa","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":3,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"PGSSUB","Language":"spa","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","localizedUndefined":"Undefined","localizedDefault":"Default","localizedForced":"Forced","DisplayTitle":"Spa - Forced","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":true,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":4,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"PGSSUB","Language":"eng","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","localizedUndefined":"Undefined","localizedDefault":"Default","localizedForced":"Forced","DisplayTitle":"Eng","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":5,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"subrip","Language":"spa","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","localizedUndefined":"Undefined","localizedDefault":"Default","localizedForced":"Forced","DisplayTitle":"Spa","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":6,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Level":0},{"Codec":"subrip","Language":"spa","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","Title":"Forzados","localizedUndefined":"Undefined","localizedDefault":"Default","localizedForced":"Forced","DisplayTitle":"Forzados - Spa","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":7,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Level":0},{"Codec":"subrip","Language":"eng","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","localizedUndefined":"Undefined","localizedDefault":"Default","localizedForced":"Forced","DisplayTitle":"Eng","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":8,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Level":0}],"Formats":[],"Bitrate":16208812,"RequiredHttpHeaders":{}}

/usr/bin/ffmpeg -i file:"/media/Peliculas/The Lighthouse (2019)/El faro 2019 Bluray-1080p.mkv" -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -codec:v:0 h264_v4l2m2m -pix_fmt nv21  -b:v 5360001 -maxrate 5360001 -bufsize 10720002 -level 41 -force_key_frames:0 "expr:gte(t,0+n_forced*3)" -filter_complex "[0:4]scale=1920:1088:force_original_aspect_ratio=decrease;[0:0]overlay,scale=trunc(min(max(iw\,ih*dar)\,1920)/64)*64:trunc(ow/dar/2)*2" -copyts -vsync -1 -codec:a:0 aac -strict experimental -ac 2 -ab 384000 -af "volume=2" -f hls -max_delay 5000000 -avoid_negative_ts disabled -start_at_zero -hls_time 3 -individual_header_trailer 0 -hls_segment_type mpegts -start_number 0 -hls_segment_filename "/config/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/79c8b700f6a32c4add52878247fbbf50%d.ts" -hls_playlist_type vod -hls_list_size 0 -y "/config/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/79c8b700f6a32c4add52878247fbbf50.m3u8"

ffmpeg version 3.4.2-9 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 6.3.0 (Debian 6.3.0-18+deb9u1) 20170516
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version=9 --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf --incdir=/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librubberband --enable-librsvg --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-omx --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-v4l2_m2m --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libdrm --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencv --enable-libx264 --enable-shared
  WARNING: library configuration mismatch
  avcodec     configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version=9 --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf --incdir=/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librubberband --enable-librsvg --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-omx --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-v4l2_m2m --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libdrm --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencv --enable-libx264 --enable-shared --enable-version3 --disable-doc --disable-programs --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libtesseract --enable-libvo_amrwbenc
  avfilter    configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version=9 --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf --incdir=/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librubberband --enable-librsvg --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-omx --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-v4l2_m2m --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libdrm --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencv --enable-libx264 --enable-shared --enable-version3 --disable-doc --disable-programs --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libtesseract --enable-libvo_amrwbenc
  libavutil      55. 78.100 / 55. 78.100
  libavcodec     57.107.100 / 57.107.100
  libavformat    57. 83.100 / 57. 83.100
  libavdevice    57. 10.100 / 57. 10.100
  libavfilter     6.107.100 /  6.107.100
  libavresample   3.  7.  0 /  3.  7.  0
  libswscale      4.  8.100 /  4.  8.100
  libswresample   2.  9.100 /  2.  9.100
  libpostproc    54.  7.100 / 54.  7.100
[matroska,webm @ 0x5c2620] Could not find codec parameters for stream 3 (Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle (pgssub)): unspecified size
Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
[matroska,webm @ 0x5c2620] Could not find codec parameters for stream 4 (Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle (pgssub)): unspecified size
[matroska,webm @ 0x5c2620] Could not find codec parameters for stream 5 (Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle (pgssub)): unspecified size
Input #0, matroska,webm, from 'file:/media/Peliculas/The Lighthouse (2019)/El faro 2019 Bluray-1080p.mkv':
  Metadata:
    title           : EL FARO (2019) BDrip 1080p @By amralp
    encoder         : libebml v1.3.10 + libmatroska v1.5.2
    creation_time   : 2020-03-31T22:07:50.000000Z
  Duration: 01:49:21.57, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 14800 kb/s
    Chapter #0:0: start 0.000000, end 419.085000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 01
    Chapter #0:1: start 419.085000, end 834.500000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 02
    Chapter #0:2: start 834.500000, end 1202.451000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 03
    Chapter #0:3: start 1202.451000, end 1543.500000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 04
    Chapter #0:4: start 1543.500000, end 1756.797000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 05
    Chapter #0:5: start 1756.797000, end 2192.732000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 06
    Chapter #0:6: start 2192.732000, end 2353.726000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 07
    Chapter #0:7: start 2353.726000, end 2831.120000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 08
    Chapter #0:8: start 2831.120000, end 3069.858000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 09
    Chapter #0:9: start 3069.858000, end 3429.426000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 10
    Chapter #0:10: start 3429.426000, end 3833.246000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 11
    Chapter #0:11: start 3833.246000, end 4025.855000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 12
    Chapter #0:12: start 4025.855000, end 4461.207000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 13
    Chapter #0:13: start 4461.207000, end 4689.143000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 14
    Chapter #0:14: start 4689.143000, end 5096.258000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 15
    Chapter #0:15: start 5096.258000, end 5394.514000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 16
    Chapter #0:16: start 5394.514000, end 5753.539000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 17
    Chapter #0:17: start 5753.539000, end 5992.153000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 18
    Chapter #0:18: start 5992.153000, end 6386.046000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 19
    Chapter #0:19: start 6386.046000, end 6561.568000
    Metadata:
      title           : Capítulo 20
    Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(progressive), 1920x1088 [SAR 1:1 DAR 30:17], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc (default)
    Metadata:
      BPS-eng         : 13346161
      DURATION-eng    : 01:49:21.555000000
      NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 157320
      NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 10946446480
      _STATISTICS_WRITING_APP-eng: mkvmerge v44.0.0 ('Domino') 64-bit
      _STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC-eng: 2020-03-31 22:07:50
    Stream #0:1(spa): Audio: dts (DTS), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 768 kb/s (default)
    Metadata:
      BPS-eng         : 767999
      DURATION-eng    : 01:49:21.558000000
      NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 615146
      NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 629909504
    Stream #0:2(eng): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 640 kb/s
    Metadata:
      BPS-eng         : 640000
      DURATION-eng    : 01:49:21.568000000
      NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 205049
      NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 524925440
    Stream #0:3(spa): Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle
    Metadata:
      BPS-eng         : 19290
      DURATION-eng    : 01:48:27.793000000
      NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 1684
      NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 15692090
    Stream #0:4(spa): Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle (forced)
    Metadata:
      BPS-eng         : 181
      NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 18
      NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 147849
    Stream #0:5(eng): Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle
    Metadata:
      BPS-eng         : 25269
      DURATION-eng    : 01:45:02.337000000
      NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 2192
      NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 19907047
    Stream #0:6(spa): Subtitle: subrip
    Metadata:
      BPS-eng         : 30
      NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 842
      NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 25103
    Stream #0:7(spa): Subtitle: subrip
    Metadata:
      title           : Forzados
      BPS-eng         : 0
      NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 9
      NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 241
    Stream #0:8(eng): Subtitle: subrip
    Metadata:
      BPS-eng         : 35
      DURATION-eng    : 01:45:04.361000000
      NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 1097
      NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 28320
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 (h264) -> overlay:main (graph 0)
  Stream #0:4 (pgssub) -> scale (graph 0)
  scale (graph 0) -> Stream #0:0 (h264_v4l2m2m)
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (dts (dca) -> aac (native))
[matroska,webm @ 0x5c2620] sub2video: using 1920x1088 canvas
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x65c9f0] driver 's5p-mfc' on card 's5p-mfc-enc'
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x65c9f0] Using device /dev/video11
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x65c9f0] driver 's5p-mfc' on card 's5p-mfc-enc'
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x65c9f0] h264_v4l2m2m encoder: enabling bit rate control: 5360001
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x65c9f0] h264 profile not found
[h264_v4l2m2m @ 0x65c9f0] Encoder adjusted: qmin (0), qmax (51)
[hls @ 0x6602e0] Opening '/config/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/79c8b700f6a32c4add52878247fbbf500.ts' for writing
Output #0, hls, to '/config/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/79c8b700f6a32c4add52878247fbbf50.m3u8':
  Metadata:
    encoder         : Lavf57.83.100
    Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (h264_v4l2m2m), nv21, 1920x1088 [SAR 1:1 DAR 30:17], q=2-31, 5360 kb/s, 23.98 fps, 90k tbn, 23.98 tbc (default)
    Metadata:
      encoder         : Lavc57.107.100 h264_v4l2m2m
    Stream #0:1: Audio: aac (LC), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 384 kb/s (default)
    Metadata:
      encoder         : Lavc57.107.100 aac
frame=    1 fps=0.5 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:00.38 bitrate=N/A speed= 0.2x    
frame=    1 fps=0.3 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:00.40 bitrate=N/A speed=0.119x    
[hls @ 0x6602e0] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous: 0, current: 0; changing to 1. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
frame=    5 fps=1.2 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:00.55 bitrate=N/A speed=0.137x    
frame=    5 fps=1.1 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:00.55 bitrate=N/A speed=0.121x    
frame=    8 fps=1.5 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:00.72 bitrate=N/A speed=0.14x    
frame=   11 fps=1.9 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:00.81 bitrate=N/A speed=0.142x    
frame=   13 fps=1.8 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:00.89 bitrate=N/A speed=0.125x    
frame=   17 fps=2.2 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:01.08 bitrate=N/A speed=0.14x    
frame=   22 fps=2.6 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:01.34 bitrate=N/A speed=0.161x    
frame=   23 fps=2.6 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:01.36 bitrate=N/A speed=0.153x    
frame=   27 fps=2.9 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:01.51 bitrate=N/A speed=0.16x    
frame=   33 fps=3.3 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:01.85 bitrate=N/A speed=0.185x    
frame=   35 fps=3.2 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:01.87 bitrate=N/A speed=0.174x    
frame=   41 fps=3.6 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:02.11 bitrate=N/A speed=0.187x    
frame=   49 fps=3.8 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:02.45 bitrate=N/A speed=0.192x    
frame=   51 fps=3.8 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:02.62 bitrate=N/A speed=0.196x    
frame=   53 fps=3.8 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:02.62 bitrate=N/A speed=0.189x    
frame=   57 fps=3.9 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:02.79 bitrate=N/A speed=0.191x    
frame=   63 fps=4.2 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:03.05 bitrate=N/A speed=0.201x    
frame=   68 fps=4.3 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:03.22 bitrate=N/A speed=0.202x    
[hls @ 0x6602e0] Opening '/config/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/79c8b700f6a32c4add52878247fbbf501.ts' for writing
[hls @ 0x6602e0] Opening '/config/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/79c8b700f6a32c4add52878247fbbf50.m3u8.tmp' for writing
frame=   73 fps=4.4 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:03.39 bitrate=N/A speed=0.205x    
frame=   76 fps=4.5 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:03.56 bitrate=N/A speed=0.209x    
frame=   80 fps=4.5 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:03.73 bitrate=N/A speed=0.212x    
frame=   85 fps=4.7 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:03.90 bitrate=N/A speed=0.216x    
frame=   89 fps=4.8 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:04.07 bitrate=N/A speed=0.218x    
frame=   93 fps=4.9 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:04.26 bitrate=N/A speed=0.223x    
frame=  100 fps=5.0 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:04.58 bitrate=N/A speed=0.231x    
frame=  104 fps=5.1 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:04.75 bitrate=N/A speed=0.234x    
frame=  108 fps=5.2 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:04.92 bitrate=N/A speed=0.236x    
frame=  110 fps=5.1 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:04.92 bitrate=N/A speed=0.227x    
frame=  117 fps=5.3 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:05.22 bitrate=N/A speed=0.235x    
frame=  121 fps=5.3 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:05.39 bitrate=N/A speed=0.236x    
frame=  127 fps=5.4 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:05.65 bitrate=N/A speed=0.242x    
frame=  131 fps=5.4 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:05.84 bitrate=N/A speed=0.242x    
frame=  137 fps=5.5 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:06.07 bitrate=N/A speed=0.246x    
frame=  143 fps=5.6 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:06.33 bitrate=N/A speed=0.249x    
[hls @ 0x6602e0] Opening '/config/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/79c8b700f6a32c4add52878247fbbf502.ts' for writing
[hls @ 0x6602e0] Opening '/config/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/79c8b700f6a32c4add52878247fbbf50.m3u8.tmp' for writing
frame=  151 fps=5.8 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:06.67 bitrate=N/A speed=0.256x    
frame=  154 fps=5.7 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:06.84 bitrate=N/A speed=0.255x    
frame=  159 fps=5.8 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:07.08 bitrate=N/A speed=0.259x    
frame=  163 fps=5.8 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:07.21 bitrate=N/A speed=0.258x    
frame=  171 fps=6.0 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:07.46 bitrate=N/A speed=0.262x    
frame=  175 fps=6.0 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:07.65 bitrate=N/A speed=0.263x    
frame=  183 fps=6.2 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:07.99 bitrate=N/A speed=0.269x    
frame=  187 fps=6.2 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:08.16 bitrate=N/A speed=0.27x    
frame=  195 fps=6.3 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:08.51 bitrate=N/A speed=0.276x    
frame=  198 fps=6.3 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:08.66 bitrate=N/A speed=0.274x    
frame=  206 fps=6.4 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:09.00 bitrate=N/A speed=0.28x    
frame=  210 fps=6.4 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:09.17 bitrate=N/A speed=0.28x    
frame=  215 fps=6.5 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:09.30 bitrate=N/A speed=0.28x    
[hls @ 0x6602e0] Opening '/config/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/transcodes/79c8b700f6a32c4add52878247fbbf503.ts' for writing
frame=  219 fps=6.5 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:09.53 bitrate=N/A speed=0.282x    
frame=  227 fps=6.6 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:09.81 bitrate=N/A speed=0.286x    
frame=  233 fps=6.7 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:10.06 bitrate=N/A speed=0.289x    
frame=  239 fps=6.8 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:10.32 bitrate=N/A speed=0.292x    
frame=  243 fps=6.8 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:10.49 bitrate=N/A speed=0.292x    
frame=  249 fps=6.8 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:10.75 bitrate=N/A speed=0.294x    
frame=  253 fps=6.8 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:10.90 bitrate=N/A speed=0.294x    
frame=  256 fps=6.8 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:11.07 bitrate=N/A speed=0.294x    
frame=  260 fps=6.8 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:11.24 bitrate=N/A speed=0.294x    
frame=  264 fps=6.8 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:11.39 bitrate=N/A speed=0.294x    
frame=  264 fps=6.7 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:11.41 bitrate=N/A speed=0.29x    
frame=  268 fps=6.7 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:11.73 bitrate=N/A speed=0.294x    
frame=  270 fps=6.7 q=-0.0 Lsize=N/A time=00:00:11.77 bitrate=N/A speed=0.293x    
video:5739kB audio:46kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: unknown
[aac @ 0x73bb30] Qavg: 65400.129

Did you try your original file, but manually setting a smaller bitrate? (4M for example)

About your second file, the slow processing is not due to HW video encoding, but to so many other things that you are doing via software (converting 5.1 dts to stereo aac, burning subtitles into the video, re-scaling). Just have a look at htop while you are streaming the file, and you will probably see the CPU maxing out.