1 1
balbes150

Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 4.1x

The new version 5.55 of images. In this version, images with a single DE (XFCE) and a server in composition are as close as possible to the official versions. Version with a Mate and Icewm will probably be later and the gathering will be from another branch GIT (specially adapted for this DE). Since now all the images will be collected using the main kernel "4.1 x", have a common structure for the entire line of s9xxx and differ significantly in steps when configuring the system, I open a separate topic for this direction.

The primary steps to capture an image, activate multi-boot, and select a dtb file are common with the previous images.

I tested your newest debian server on my x96 mini with s905w dtb and it works well!

I was also able to install a desktop environment with armbian-config.

As expected wifi and bluetooth are not detected. It should require some specific firmware (armbian-firmware installed) but I had not open my box to see the chip.

I also saw a problem with zram service not working.

Be sure to activate multi-boot using the new image. If multiboot previously activated is required to repeat activation using files in a new image.

Install Armbian to eMMC.

Run Armbian from external media, run "ddbr" and create full backup eMMC.

Execute script “/boot/create-mbr-linux.sh” and install Armbian on eMMC execute script “/root/install.sh”.

Please note, this is a test installation, which was tested only on a few models. Possible errors (Armbian will not boot) when you are working on unverified models which used non-standard distribution of partitions in the eMMC. Therefore, be sure to back up the "ddbr" utility before running the scripts.

I was also able to boot from a s912 device (TAP Pro 2/16Gb) with dtb meson-gxm-vega-s96.dtb. I made the same tests and had the same resultsas with x96 mini:

- no wifi/bt

- DE install ok

If you want some logs or any additionnal information, don't hesitate to ask.