Rock64pro

Bekim Lutolli

21 minutes ago, FrankM said:

No Boot, same as with kamils image.

This very first build is based on his work + a few of our addons and fixes. We had odd troubles with booting this thingy from an SD card, as you can read above, and I guess nobody even tried SPI yet.  Now you did (thanks!) and now we know it doesn't work :(

Problems are expected at this stage and a label "testing" will stay on images for some time. 

4 hours ago, Igor said:

We had odd troubles with booting this thingy from an SD card, as you can read above, and I guess nobody even tried SPI yet.

Of course, I didn't try from SPI (it may requires another recipe, according to Ayufan's build process producing both rksd_loader.img and rkspi_loader.img).

3 hours ago, FrankM said:

That was not meant to be evil. It should only give feedback

You can still have the U-Boot reside on SDCard or eMMC, and place your rootfs on your SSD ...

dudes, I am sorry for the intrusion, I see, you are having a hardcore debugging party with this, not willing to interfere with the question I am sick of on my own already. But nobody on their forum answers, and I cannot buy it not knowing the answer.

Did someone of you run iozone test with a UHS-I capable SD card on Rockpro? please, show numbers. 

Added later. Finally it's confirmed. RockPro does support UHS-I (with SDR104 incl.) The maximum reached is about 66 MB/s, given the rockchip 150MHz limit. just as good as other rk3399 boards. :)

27 minutes ago, giminni said:

Tested both images no luck, stuck at

From the download section? Those were tested and confirmed working on a few boards. Can you try again with another SD card and provide your board revision number.

Today i tested nand-sata-install

1. try with sd-card and nvme

works fine :thumbup:

2. try with spi and usb-hdd

after reboot, filesystem isn't resized. And only works on usb2 and not on usb3. But this are old news.

root@rockpro64:~# df -h
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev            994M     0  994M   0% /dev
tmpfs           200M  3.0M  197M   2% /run
/dev/sda1       1.2G  1.1G   26M  98% /
tmpfs           996M     0  996M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs           5.0M  4.0K  5.0M   1% /run/lock
tmpfs           996M     0  996M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs           996M  4.0K  996M   1% /tmp
/dev/zram0       49M  2.1M   43M   5% /var/log
tmpfs           200M     0  200M   0% /run/user/0

3. try with sd-card and usb-hdd

after reboot, filesystem isn't resized. But it boot from usb3. :thumbup:

root@rockpro64:~# df -h
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev            994M     0  994M   0% /dev
tmpfs           200M  5.5M  194M   3% /run
/dev/sda1       1.2G  1.1G   25M  98% /
tmpfs           996M     0  996M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs           5.0M  4.0K  5.0M   1% /run/lock
tmpfs           996M     0  996M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs           996M  4.0K  996M   1% /tmp
/dev/mmcblk0p1   58G  1.1G   57G   2% /media/mmcboot
/dev/zram0       49M  2.9M   43M   7% /var/log
tmpfs           200M     0  200M   0% /run/user/0

So, how can we fix the resize problem? I can help with logs and testing ;)

Update:

The resize problem is fixed in 5.67.181217 nightly. Tested with 2,5'' HDD (USB3) and sd-card boot. Thanks!

Edited by FrankM
Fixed problem!

On 12/7/2018 at 8:53 AM, Igor said:

From the download section? Those were tested and confirmed working on a few boards. Can you try again with another SD card and provide your board revision number.

I found the error. I am using the UART console and forgot to remove the TX pin before booting.
Is there any solution for this problem?

7 hours ago, giminni said:

Is there any solution for this problem?

Yes. Removing TX pin connection? :P If you don't have all of them connected, a garbage can be detected and that triggers boot breaking which has to be enabled, otherwise you can't get into the u-boot when you want to get in. It can be improved by changing from "press any key" to "press this key" -> https://www.armbian.com/get-involved

An Armbian installation on ROCKPro64 v2.1 (2GB) with SD-Card (boot) and NVMe SSD (root) is booting and running fine.

An Armbian installation on ROCKPro64 v2.0 (4GB) with SD-Card (boot) and NVMe SSD (root) don't boot. I am getting kernel panic. https://pastebin.com/8uPaSEcD

Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.67.181209 nightly Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.4.166-rockchip64  

On 12/13/2018 at 11:34 AM, FrankM said:

An Armbian installation on ROCKPro64 v2.0 (4GB) with SD-Card (boot) and NVMe SSD (root) don't boot.

I think you have to give up Wifi to have NVMe, or something like that on the 2.0 boards.

I would have liked to know if it was possible to generate an image like this "bionic-minimal-rockpro64-0.7.9-1067-armhf.img.xz" that Ayufan created,

but keeping the armbian monopartition ?

What should be changed in Armbian build script?

Thank you

Jyu

I am using the dev kernel, booting from SD and having linux root on the pcie nvme , and can confirm that rockpro64  2.1 boots fine.   ( I had a problem before, though, with a  rock64  v2.0 not booting which I found was fixed by reverting a couple of dts changes back to the previous kernel versions (in my case 4.19). 

Can you tell if the system is seeing the nvme disk.?   If you boot and run linux-root from an SD card , will it boot? Can you then you mount the pcie nmve?  

Can you see if it boots if you use the DTB  from the previous version?  In which case you could try comparing the dts and dtsi files to see what might have changed...

I notice

** File not found /boot/dtb/rockchip/overlay/rockchip-fixup.scr **  in your log.   For me,  the fixup script is getting applied.  I've not run any of the earlier kernels, though,  so I don't know what should happen for them.   I, too,  am booting from the SD card,  with root on the pcie nvme.    

FWIW

20 hours ago, rocksa said:

Hello.

Is there any preempt-rt kernel for armbian-debian rockpro64 ?

How can i build a preempt-rt kernel that will work at rockpro64 ?

Thanks.

You need to build your kernel
https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/

with a patch

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/realtime/documentation/howto/applications/preemptrt_setup

Add that patch into userpatches/kernel/rockchip64 and adjust possible mismatching.

i know how to apply the patch my main problem is that armbian has 4.4.172 kernel

and preempt-rt kernel patches are for 4.4.169 version so apply patch fails because of versions mismatch.

Exists armbian kernel version 4.4.169 for rockpro64 source code ?

# apt-cache search linux-source|grep rockchip64
linux-source-4.18.0-rc8-dev-rockchip64 - This package provides the source code for the Linux kernel 4.18.0-rc8
linux-source-4.20.0-dev-rockchip64 - This package provides the source code for the Linux kernel 4.20.0
linux-source-4.4.156-default-rockchip64 - This package provides the source code for the Linux kernel 4.4.156
linux-source-4.4.167-default-rockchip64 - This package provides the source code for the Linux kernel 4.4.167
linux-source-4.4.172-default-rockchip64 - This package provides the source code for the Linux kernel 4.4.172

here https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/4.4/

only 4.4.169 not 4.4.172

On 2/10/2019 at 4:37 AM, rocksa said:

and preempt-rt kernel patches are for 4.4.169 version so apply patch fails because of versions mismatch.

Are you certain this is due only to the patchlevel?  We use Ayufan's kernel, which is a moderately heavily patched Rockchip kernel, which has very little in common with a "Vanilla" 4.4 at this point...

Problem with patch level solved..

armbian has 4.4.174 kernel now and preempt-rt kernel updated to 4.4.174 patch...

But preempt-rt patch fail to applied to armbian rock64 kernel 4.4.174 because armbian kernel is not stock kernel but already patched kernel..

preempt-rt patch is for stock kernels only..

Is there any solution for that ?

Can rockpro64 run with stock kernel ?

On 2/23/2019 at 4:42 PM, rocksa said:

Can rockpro64 run with stock kernel ?

I think the only hope of that is to wait for preempt-rt to finalize 4.19 support, then patch that.  You'll then have to look very carefully at what bugs are being fixed upstream and determine if any apply to what you're trying to do, then apply those patches after the fact.