5 5
Staars

Proof of concept - Realtek 1295

Wow! That is awesome! Do you have a detail of the main chip ? Or more pictures? What X-ray device was used?

15 hours ago, Staars said:

I do not know, which terminal he used.

I was under ubuntu using gtkterm.

It's nice to see your experiments even if it has been better that realtek and manufacturers published documentations.

5 hours ago, danman said:

Wow! That is awesome! Do you have a detail of the main chip ? Or more pictures? What X-ray device was used?

It is captured with an digital x-ray-system using digital image plates. Spatial resolution is limited, we can only zoom digitally. More pictures do not really make sense here.

Just a small update on the kernel side.

I uploaded all my latest local changes for the kernel tree 4.19.y (= 4.19.55), so you can build it (DEV) from my repo. But don't get too excited, it will not really work.

This is only meant for further developing and hopefully some more skilled kernel-hackers can take look. There are some backports (for instance android/staging) and all API-changes were done according to the compiler output and the following internet search, so the process included traces of cargo-cult-programming. Expect stupid bugs here and there.

Expected behaviour:

A boot-log with surprisingly few errors but the inability to have a root device :angry:. The console output will stop and after while you should see a kernel error.

Disabling usb or ahci or sd or mmc drivers (or combinations) will change the error slightly. It seems, as if there is always a DMA-problem, but that might be coincidence.

I simply do not know, if there is just one wrong line of code somewhere or if the whole construction is lightyears away from working.

Happy hacking!