OrangePi Lite 2 (H6 based) the latest Bionic image not working.

Hazeline

I have bought 3 OPi Lite 2 (H6 based) dev boards. Just downloaded the latest Bionic image at the following link:

https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-lite-2/

I understand it's WIP. However, it seems to have issue on booting up. I connected HDMI cable and upon boot up, I could see init info on the screen, then it says, starting Kernel ... ,  then screen goes no signal, power LED stays RED forever. 

I read that the current image seems to have issue on HDMI. But it worked with HDMI upon initial bootup, then stopped working. My problem is that without HDMI, how could I edit the WIFI config to have the board connected to my network thus to SSH into the board for further dev?

Can anyone provide a link to an known working image or guide me how to configure WIFI without HDMI output?

Thanks!

Edited by Hazeline

1 hour ago, Hazeline said:

or guide me how to configure WIFI without HDMI output?

By using a serial console.

1 hour ago, Hazeline said:

I read that the current image seems to have issue on HDMI. But it worked with HDMI upon initial bootup

U-boot has simple video driver, while kernel driver is missing. It's under development.

Thanks, Igor, for the prompt response. I'll try Serial console as suggested. However, I also read from other thread that the end user may have to compile and build the Armbian image themselves so that the image may work. Is this true?

Also, I'm working on computer vision algorithm where I want to use CSI IF with supported camera modules. Although, on OPi official download website, it says it supports certain camera module, such as gc2035 or ovov5640. But I tested with the Ubuntu image from the official website, it didn't work at all, nor the driver even existed. Any suggestion on using CSI interface with camera module with H6 based OPi board? It seems H5 based OPi board are better supported. Maybe I should consider downgrading to H5 board? thanks!