All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Thanks for the reply. I had some progress but broke elsewhere. I think some major files may be damaged. https://forum.armbian.com/topic/10480-attempted-jessie-to-stretch-failed-likely-dead-on-reboot/ I may need something called busybox installed, which I do not have unfortunately.
  3. Yesterday
  4. For everyone interested.. I made several experiments, and I found out that the issue happens only if the wifi connection is teared down from the user. It doesn't happen if the connection is severed from AP side, for example. When the AP is restored the association is renegotiated almost immediately and works fine. Very, very strange. I'm pretty sure the problem is not in wpa_supplicant, because it works fine if I don't use the onboard wifi (for example using an USB wifi dongle); it must definitively be something wrong/missing with the 8189es driver Nevertheless, there are several quick workarounds. For example: don't disconnect from nmtui or wpa_cli, use ifdown instead.
  5. Me neither. As I said I used the description from above. Are you sure that ttyS1 is the correct port to use? Is that the same as UART1?
  6. @megi I noticed I already had the firmware for ap6255 at /lib/firmware on the lite2 but I am still not able to attach the device to uart1 How have you managed to configure uart1? Or are there some relevant differences in the kernel which haven't been ported to the lite2 built yet?
  7. So were you able to configure the device using hciattach?
  8. Sure, in the link from above: https://github.com/orangepi-xunlong/OrangePiH6_external/tree/master/ap6256 root@orangepi3:/dev# sudo hciattach /dev/ttyS1 bmc4345c5 921600 noflow - Unknown device type or id
  9. hciattach is what you are asking for. e.g. $ sudo hciattach /dev/ttyS1 bcm43xx 921600 noflow - Can you attach the firmware to this thread?
  10. Scan ssid by mobile phone the SSID can be seen . but always in password loop. I've installed hostapd V2.7 and dnsmasq V2.79. and wpa_supplicant and networkmanager are stopped. The config files are as below: 1: etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf interface=wlan0 driver=nl80211 ssid=TinkerNet hw_mode=g channel=7 wmm_enabled=0 macaddr_acl=0 auth_algs=1 ignore_broadcast_ssid=0 wpa=3 wpa_passphrase=mypassphrase wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK wpa_pairwise=TKIP rsn_pairwise=CCMP 2:/etc/dnsmasq.conf interface=wlan0 # Use the require wireless interface - usually wlan0 dhcp-range=192.168.1.2,192.168.1.254,255.255.255.0,12h Then I try armbian-config ...strange thing, there is not hotspot option in network. Anyone could explain how to config hotspot on Tinkerborad S with Ubuntu 18.04?
  11. Igor

Seed our torrents

Implemented, thanks for the tip. Speed increase should be noticeable
  12. Allright, I got the file downloaded and into the correct folder, but I'm stuck here: The board contains AP6256 WiFi/BT module that has its bluetooth part connected to SoC's UART1 port. Enable this port, and add node for the bluetooth device. The UART1 I got actived in the armbian-config. But how to I "add a node for the BT device"?
  13. @JMCC Thank you! I now have Chromium w/ hardware acceleration! it's a shame the 32bit Chromium/Streaming doesn't have it, though.
  14. I trying to get the USB3 working with orange pi lite 2 and the latest nigtly snapshot 5.1.3-sunxi64 #5.87.190522. I notice that the usb3 is disabled in the the dtb file: dwc3@5200000 { compatible = "snps,dwc3"; reg = <0x5200000 0x10000>; interrupts = <0x0 0x1a 0x4>; clocks = <0x2 0x72 0x2 0x72 0xa 0x0>; clock-names = "ref", "bus_early", "suspend"; resets = <0x2 0x33>; dr_mode = "host"; phys = <0x1f>; phy-names = "usb3-phy"; status = " disabled "; phandle = <0x52>; }; phy@5210000 { compatible = "allwinner,sun50i-h6-usb3-phy"; reg = <0x5210000 0x10000>; clocks = <0x2 0x6a>; resets = <0x2 0x2d>; #phy-cells = <0x0>; status = "disabled"; phandle = <0x1f>; }; I changed the status (from disable to okay) on both and recompile the dts file, and now I can see the usb3 HUB: lsusb -t /: Bus 07.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=musb-hdrc/1p, 480M /: Bus 06.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ohci-platform/1p, 12M /: Bus 05.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-platform/1p, 480M /: Bus 04.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 5000M /: Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 480M /: Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ohci-platform/1p, 12M /: Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-platform/1p, 480M However no devices are detected, no even powering when plugged into the USB port. I contacted Icenowy, who currently maintains the usb3 driver, and have been advised that current driver should be working. I wonder if the issue rests in the dts file setup, current parameter setup, given the fact it was marked as disabled? I noticed someone in the H6 dev forum mentioned that this was working back a month or so ago, however it does not seem to be working in the latest sanpshot.
  15. It didn't work for me, "load average" issue still there and copy still stuck in /usr ...
  16. Without any logs, it is difficult to understand which issue you're facing, because it should work as is ...
  17. Hello GilGonGan, I've quite struggled on this (on several successive topics) (more than it should have been), due to this poor support of online sources over time, that have lead on my side to a lot of experiments trying to repair / correct the Jessie archive URL (hence a lot of waste of time). Indeed, i've in the end upgraded my previous Jessie armbian to Stretch without reinstalling. Sadly i haven't taken any notes about it ... Basically i did, as far as i can remember (after the unsuccessful experiments while still being on Jessie) : - upgraded what i could while still being on jessie + removed a few packages to clean up the system - changed my /etc/apt/sources.list to : - put in comment the content of /etc/apt/sources.list.d/armbian.list and hypriot.list, as it seems they are not available anymore (it's the only two additional sources files i had) - upgraded the whole system with - resolve several issues, i don't remember all of them (and maybe there are not only related to the upgrade process, but rather to the pine64 support for Stretch). For example i had a lot of issues about the wlan (with debug messages that were printed all the time due to two wlan cards being now discovered ... took some time to figure), now i have (i think it's the most relevant part but i did a lot of other things like disabling IPv6) : to be added in /etc/network/interfaces in order to disable the second wlan1 interface (and i'm using wlan0 in auto/dhcp mode) (as seen here : https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/linux-build/blob/master/package/root/etc/network/interfaces.d/wlan1) And for IPv6, in /etc/sysctl.conf : In the end i still have a running armbian Stretch on my PINE64 box (with octoprint). Fore reference, my PINE64 board has been bought during the kickstarted and is a PINE A64 model (with mem 2GB). Good luck in your upgrade process.
  18. With new DTB files and "install.sh", I was able to install and run Armbian Server with kernel 5.1 in eMMC. https://yadi.sk/d/WrgbX_4ZSlnOXg
  19. Sorry for double posting. Hope this post is here in the right thread. Hello, I have installed Armbian 5.8.2 (strectch) with with 5.1.0 rc1 kernel (on internal emmc) onto a X96Max box. I want to use the box as NAS to substitute an old dockstar device. NFS and SMB is running well. But i have problems with the USB3 port, a powered USB3 hub disappears under heavy load. And with it all 4 connected drives. The drives are all powered with it's own power supply. The USB2 port runs like in slow motion. Much less then the expected USB2 speed. An unpowered USB2 hub connected to the USB3 port runs stable with all the drives with the expected speed. I think it is a firmware issue. So i have two questions. How can i update the firmware of the box and how can i update the kernel to 5.2 without doing a fresh install into the emmc. I am lucky that the system runs in emmc after a lot of tries. Regards cyber
  20. Maybe you could bring me on line what problems you experience with the newer kernels? I assume it is the problem that with a bootloader for 1000 MHz you have instabilities? If I´m right then a new bootloader will not help with this. What you can test, commenting out the avs in the dts file, compile a dtb and then test if the kernel is working for you.
  21. That is the reason why we can't update our EspressoBins to kernel 4.19.4x and above anymore without experiencing crashes. Hopefully the new bootloader released by marvell recently will be able to handle the new frequencies in the system.
  22. I haven´t tried an armbian kernel for a while now. I will look into this sometime in the next weeks. But as far as I followed the upstream fix should be in the kernel 4.19.xx. It is just one fix missing regarding a too low voltage, which @sqpr found. I will see if I can point the right people at this patch.
  23. On S905x2 (it's a close platform with S922) eMMC works with this kernel. Perhaps the reason for the settings or is it the result of using a removable connector for the eMMC on the N2. I noticed that if you copy the data in manual parts no more than 500MB, with an intermediate "sync" , everything is copied correctly.
  24. Way back I had such a problem with BIOS, the trick was, divide the HDD into 2 or 3 partitions. Did you try this already?
  25. Did you ever solve this? I may have a similar issue, I've been googling for hours and just found your reply. https://forum.armbian.com/topic/10480-attempted-jessie-to-stretch-failed-likely-dead-on-reboot/
  1. Load more activity