All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Problem solved. Ordered 8A/5V PSU from Ali-Express (revealed to be 6A) and all works fine. Oh that Chinese tech people. They can forge single-plate computer but can not forge adequate PSU.
  3. No it does generated when i install custom kernel deb at /boot. If fail to boot my custom kernel with 4.4.174 dtb can i recover boot to 4.4.174 armbian kernel?
  4. DTB = Device Tree Binaries Normally, when you did your build, you should have a dtb package generated. Since 4.4.167 and 4.4.174 are not to far from each other, the DTBs are maybe compatible, in such case try out your new kernel with the old DTB.
  5. Just to let you know, I've been able to restore original 4.9.162 image on eMMC and booted it ... Then, I've done some test of doing "tar | tar" of almost all ROOTFS into a new folder without any "load average > 10" issue. So, it is most probably a kernel issue within 5.1.y image. I've compared mmc nodes of both DT, I didn't find much differences ...
  6. https://github.com/TinkerBoard/debian_kernel/blob/develop/arch/arm/boot/dts/overlays/waveshare32b-tinker-overlay.dts is an overlay by ASUS for the 4.4 kernel, I'll adapt it to Armbian and we'll see. [edit] the driver for the touchscreen is also not included with our kernel, that can be fixed momentarily once I give this overlay a shot.
  7. What is dtb ? My custom kernel has no dtb.
  8. Yes, sounds incredible easy. But for a windows user with no experience with linux that is harder then it looks like. Is there a guide somewhere? What would I need to google to find out how to do it?
  9. Today
  10. Thanks for your replies. I spent many hours today to upload a recovery image onto the EspressoBin, but no success. Usually, after a few seconds, the upload stops (no error message), longest was about 30s till stop. I am not sure if this has to do with the fact, that I am using a Virtual Box Debian guest on a MacOS host, so that the serial connection might not be as perfectly timed as necessary? I have never had any problems with this and a serial connection at 115200 baud is not rocket science really (I tried lower baud rates too...). If I can't find a solution for this, the EspressoBin is going to take its way back to GlobalScale.
  11. Then everything is fine. 32 bit (streaming version) is not working well, it is just an experiment. That's why it is disabled by default.
  12. @JMCC according to Chromium (NOT streaming/32) normal chromium is accelerated:
  13. Only choose system. And no other options. Then glamour I think. That installs the drivers for Chromium. Streaming is a 32-bit Chromium running in Docker. So that you don't need. Please also tell your experiences with it. I've sometimes got Chromium crashing. I'm not sure if it's with all Rock64's.
  14. Just try with the default options: click "Accept", "Yes" or "OK" every time, and let it run.
  15. Hi. It's best when you run the script the first time not to choose any other things. You also do not need streaming for Chromium to have VPU acc. There's a small bug in the script what makes it that you can't choose the different system choices(can't think of the names)
  16. It should work on a fresh Default image (4.4 kernel), just with default options selected. I haven't tested it in a while, let's see if I can find some time and check whether recent updates broke the script.
  17. I also didn't update anything, I done all this on a fresh 5.75 image. ran the "media script" ticked system, selected arm soc and opengl wrapper. then rebooted and selected streaming and mpv. Chromium refuses to get HW acceled....
  18. @TonyMac32 alright. I still don't have any LibGL. MPV works fine. weird.
  19. I'm afraid I'm something of an electrician when it comes to Linux, I'm much more hardware oriented than software. This is something@JMCC works on, perhaps if he has time he can be of more use. Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  20. leofuscaldi

leofuscaldi

21. Hi Igor, downloaded from main downloads page. But, anyway, after apt update / apt upgrade / reboot, I was able to change resolution without problems.
  22. @TonyMac32 care to help? Ok, so testing... I selected; "system" and "opengl wrapper" and nothing else, let that install... I set it to use arm soc xorg.... I rebooted. then unticked "system" and didn't tick "opengl" and then I ticked streaming, and mpv... chromium still says that it's NOT hw acceled. Here's Chromium's GPU settings: Help?!?!!??!
  23. Check the /boot/Image, /boot/uInitrd and /boot/dtb, they are symbolic links that need to be redone pointing to newer bins/folder .
  24. The website has added images of the Server Disco By the way, all the latest images for N2 now have support for direct launch from USB.
  25. Try using this test code available in any kernel source tree : https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/tools/spi/spidev_test.c Attach a loopback wire on MOSI/MISO, and compile spi_test.c, then run "./spi_test -D /dev/spidev1.0" ...
  1. Load more activity