Module md_mod not found in directory /lib/modules/4.4.213-rockchip

fr3d

So recently I decided to use my (quite old) tinker board, I downloaded the last armbian (desktop, 4.4.213) OS, managed to install a vncserver (x11vnc) and also to use it without a screen plugged in it. And now I would like to turn it into a urbackup server, but I got some error with mdadm, "Module md_mod not found in directory /lib/modules/4.4.213-rockchip".
I tried to use this forum to find a solution (https://github.com/armbian/build), but I couldn't make it work. When i tipe ´´git clone https://github.com/armbian/build´´ it stop around 7% at resolving deltas, and it just freeze.

Someone could have any idea how to solve this issue??

And i can't get my armbianmonitor link to paste......

Thanks guys.

Maybe the md stuff is missing like it was in sunxi quite a while ago: https://github.com/armbian/build/commit/9efe564caf98454cd51ca433cdaa048d824cb709

Github running nicely for me. Must be an issue on your side.

I'll take  a look into.

Changes:https://github.com/armbian/build/commit/583ca176109ce14137ecd288e1c8b56b8c536008

I'll build a kernel package with the adjusted config an put a link to it here for you so you can install and test it.

Edit: https://armbian.laet.pw/_extra/

Grab

linux-dtb-legacy-rockchip_20.05.0-trunk_armhf.deb
linux-headers-legacy-rockchip_20.05.0-trunk_armhf.deb
linux-image-legacy-rockchip_20.05.0-trunk_armhf.deb
linux-u-boot-legacy-tinkerboard_20.05.0-trunk_armhf.deb

and simply install them via dpkg -i *.deb then reboot.

Edited by Werner

Hi Werner. Thanks.
I'll try it.

In the mean time I tried to do it trought the cockpit terminal, and I worked, sort of. I can run all, but i get 

/home/fr3d/build/lib/configuration.sh: line 304: getfacl: command not found                                                                                                                                                                              
[ o.k. ] Preparing [ host ]                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
[ .... ] Please read documentation to set up proper compilation environment                                                                                                                                                                              
[ .... ] http://www.armbian.com/using-armbian-tools/                                                                                                                                                                                                     
[ error ] ERROR in function prepare_host [ general.sh:789 ]                                                                                                                                                                                              
[ error ] Running this tool on non x86-x64 build host in not supported                                                                                                                                                                                   
[ o.k. ] Process terminated  

And I've discovered I can only let it run for like 90 minutes, after that it just turn off, none of the led is on/blinking.

But that's a problem for tomorrow.

'Night.

30 minutes ago, fr3d said:

[ o.k. ] Preparing [ host ]                                                                       
[ .... ] Please read documentation to set up proper compilation environment                       
[ .... ] http://www.armbian.com/using-armbian-tools/                                             
[ error ] ERROR in function prepare_host [ general.sh:789 ]                                     

And I've discovered I can only let it run for like 90 minutes, after that it just turn off, none of the led is on/blinking.

But that's a problem for tomorrow.

You need a Intel/AMD 64Bit x86 CPU - the build system will not run on a 64Bit ARM-CPU-system:
What do you need to get started?
"x64 machine with at least 2GB of memory and ~30GB of disk space for the VM, container or native OS"

59 minutes ago, fr3d said:

after that it just turn off, none of the led is on/blinking.

Main reasons for shutting the bord down are two:

- unstable power (mUSB is unstable by default)

- reaching critical temperature

This is my test Tinkerboard - its currently up for 3 days since last reboot and during this uptime it was exposed to many brutality ;)

Tinkerboard Linux 5.4.38-rockchip U-Boot 2018.11-armbian  nightly [ 22:59:18 - 30.204 Uptime: 3 days  2:48 ]

@Werner

Thanks for the links, i managed to make it work for like 5 days as my little backup server with urbackup.

But I encountered some error trough....

fr3d@tinkerboard:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i linux-dtb-legacy-rockchip_20.05.0-trunk_armhf.deb 
[sudo] password for fr3d: 
(Lettura del database... 78032 file e directory attualmente installati.)
Preparativi per estrarre linux-dtb-legacy-rockchip_20.05.0-trunk_armhf.deb...
Estrazione di linux-dtb-legacy-rockchip (20.05.0-trunk) su (20.02.7)...
Configurazione di linux-dtb-legacy-rockchip (20.05.0-trunk)...
fr3d@tinkerboard:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i linux-headers-legacy-rockchip_20.05.0-trunk_armhf.deb 
Selezionato il pacchetto linux-headers-legacy-rockchip non precedentemente selezionato.
(Lettura del database... 78032 file e directory attualmente installati.)
Preparativi per estrarre linux-headers-legacy-rockchip_20.05.0-trunk_armhf.deb...
Estrazione di linux-headers-legacy-rockchip (20.05.0-trunk)...
Configurazione di linux-headers-legacy-rockchip (20.05.0-trunk)...
Compiling headers - please wait ...
make[2]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 1
make[1]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 2
make: *** No rule to make target 'include/config/auto.conf', needed by 'scripts'.  Stop.
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option \u2018-mgeneral-regs-only\u2019
make[1]: *** [scripts/mod//empty.o] Error 1
make: *** [_module_scripts/mod/] Error 2
fr3d@tinkerboard:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i linux-image-legacy-rockchip_20.05.0-trunk_armhf.deb 
(Lettura del database... 93217 file e directory attualmente installati.)
Preparativi per estrarre linux-image-legacy-rockchip_20.05.0-trunk_armhf.deb...
Estrazione di linux-image-legacy-rockchip (20.05.0-trunk) su (20.02.7)...
Configurazione di linux-image-legacy-rockchip (20.05.0-trunk)...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.4.213-rockchip
W: mkconf: MD subsystem is not loaded, thus I cannot scan for arrays.
W: mdadm: failed to auto-generate temporary mdadm.conf file.
update-initramfs: Converting to u-boot format
fr3d@tinkerboard:~/Downloads$ ^C
fr3d@tinkerboard:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i linux-u-boot-legacy-tinkerboard_20.05.0-trunk_armhf.deb
(Lettura del database... 93245 file e directory attualmente installati.)
Preparativi per estrarre linux-u-boot-legacy-tinkerboard_20.05.0-trunk_armhf.deb...
Estrazione di linux-u-boot-tinkerboard-legacy (20.05.0-trunk) su (20.02.7)...
Configurazione di linux-u-boot-tinkerboard-legacy (20.05.0-trunk)...

But I was able to run mdadm and create an array to test urbackup.

Again, thank you.

@Igor

You were right, I plugged a Raspberry power plug, and now it work flawlessly.

Before I was using a normal usb cable (old phone charger).