enforce users policy.

move threads to the correct sub forum

cut and move off topic sections from one thread to another,

merge more topics under one if that gives better topic overview,

can edit posts for a purpose of:

moving code under code,

moving text under spoilers,

if author explicitly asked for,

breaking the rules will result in a warning. Multiple warnings will result in revoking moderator rights

While the regulation as it is makes sense it does not being in the registration notes since the chance that a users registierung him-/herself just to become a moderator is decently low.

These should be more kind of rules that members have to agree which are elected to become a forums moderator.

Therefore I suggest to either remove those entirely or rewrite them to descripe what the rights and duties of moderators are and integrate this information into the common terms.

I was just looking if there isn't something in that regard already at armbian.com  - while doing so @Igor  I saw: © 2019 Armbian. All rights reserved.

@Igor apart from this site: https://www.armbian.com/get-involved/   and in the  'registration terms'  there is no other place with rules?    
(by the way, this link is broken  https://forum.armbian.com/ moderators  there is a space ) on the aforementioned  get-involved.

8 hours ago, Werner said:

merge the two seperate text blocks into one

At some place these rules need to be. If not there, where else?

17 hours ago, Tido said:

At some place these rules need to be.

If thinking about...why?

See people that are moderating forums or will moderate in future are most likely no kids. They use common sense when doing their stuff. So it should suffice to MAYBE tell them these rules on time and it should be fine.

17 hours ago, Tido said:

© 2019 Armbian. All rights reserved.

Not sure if this is even necessary. Theoretically Armbian is based within the European Union and therefore the EU copyright laws are active which don't see the need of such a hint. There is copyright protection in general. Those hints are needed by US law AFAIK.

2 hours ago, Werner said:

© 2019 Armbian

Agree with you, but if you write it down with a Year, you should maintain it  or put a Javascript or such behind it that keeps it current. Otherwise it looks to the user like one of the many OSS orphaned projects.

2 hours ago, Werner said:

They use common sense when doing their stuff.

Search the forum for the Story when TKaiser offended me of deleting his message, what I did not (btw, it is not worth the time to look for).  I think since then rules were written down. They are here to stay.

Wir sind gekommen um zu bleiben und wir gehen hier nicht mehr weg, wie ein perfekter Fleck :D

I can only fix this 2019 thingy in the terms of use. If it is on the main page maybe @lanefu can fix this real quick.

I already know the story between Thomas and you but I did not dig deeper and plan to keep it that way and simply stay neutral. Was way before my time anyways :ph34r:

I'll try to give an example of what I have planned to change. These are the current terms of use:

User:

The official forum language is English. Non-English posts may be hidden or deleted. Please use a translation tool if necessary.

Do not bump topics or create duplicate messages for the purpose of bringing attention to your issue. If bumping an old topic to resume conversation or provide new information, update the beginning post if possible.

Always be respectful to each other. Be a good community member and practice proper netiquette.

Try to stay on topic defined by the starting post or developer posts in the thread. Off-topic posts that derail the discussion may be hidden, moved or deleted.

Do not abuse private messaging for tech support. Support issues should be discussed on the forum to benefit the community.

Do not abuse the forum for marketing or self-promotion.

Do not spam. Posts recognised as spam may be hidden or deleted.

Breaking the rules will result in a warning. Multiple warnings will result in a ban.

In case you think moderator abused your rights, use this form. 

Users with moderator rights:

enforce users policy.

move threads to the correct sub forum

cut and move off topic sections from one thread to another,

merge more topics under one if that gives better topic overview,

can edit posts for a purpose of:

moving code under code,

moving text under spoilers,

if author explicitly asked for,

breaking the rules will result in a warning. Multiple warnings will result in revoking moderator rights

I thought about something like this:

• Be respectful and practice proper netiquette.
  • The official forum language is English only. Please use a translator tool if necessary.
  • Try avoiding to drift off the actual topic.
  • Do not create duplicates in different forums or bump your own topic to gain attention to your issue. If bumping an old topic to resume conversation or provide new information, update the beginning post if possible.
  • Do not abuse private messaging for support requests. Issue should be discussed publicly to benefit the community.
  • Do not abuse the forums for spam, advertising or self-promotion.

Some users in this forum have additional permissions, including but not limited to edit/hide/delete any post or split/merge topics in their specific forum or globally as needed. These users are recognized as moderators or administrators and are instructed to use their permission to their best knowledge and believe. They are responsible to enforce the terms of service mentioned above and can issue warnings or disable user accounts as last resort. Misuse of these privileges will result in revocation of their permissions.

Notes:

It does not make sense to note that violating various topics of these TOS lead into punishment since it is to be expected that any violation of those lead into punishment. Therefore these "inline notes" have been removed and summarized at the bottom.

abusive behaviour has been summarized.

The less text the TOS provide the higher the chance that they will be read at all. Or did anybody ever read the 100 pages of Google TOS?:lol:

1 hour ago, Werner said:

violating various topics of these TOS lead into punishment

There is no word about punishment. However, yours has 176 words the current 241. I can live with both, the current goes more into detail.

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines