59 59
balbes150

ARMBIAN for Amlogic S905 and S905X (ver 5.44 =<)

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, belaid38 said:

hi @balbes150   plz compile libreelec with kernel 4.17   . i need tested this i have wetek play 2 

What do you want to check ? I am using LE version with kernel 4.16 for Khadas VIM. The main functions work but there is no HW decoding yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, there. I have a problem with the Armbian_5.44_S9xxx_Ubuntu_Ubuntu_bionic_4.16.1_server_20180523.img I get the following message the first time I start from microSD:

Gave up waiting for root device. Common problems: - Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline) - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?) - Check root= (did the system wait for the right device?) - Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)
The device is Mini MX s905 2GB/16GB GbE
I tried meson-gxbb-p200.dtb which is the one that starts.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, La Otra Cuenta said:

The device is Mini MX s905 2GB/16GB GbE
I tried meson-gxbb-p200.dtb which is the one that starts.

Try using a USB flash drive. Perhaps this dtb does not work correctly SD card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Try using a USB flash drive. Perhaps this dtb does not work correctly SD card.

Indeed, through the USB it does start. Is it possible to add the microSD unit to the dtb correctly? I have no experience with this issue. Actually, the microSD is reading it, but it can't find the second partition. Or, at least, I think so.

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, La Otra Cuenta said:

Indeed, through the USB it does start. Is it possible to add the microSD unit to the dtb correctly? I have no experience with this issue. Actually, the microSD is reading it, but it can't find the second partition. Or, at least, I think so.

 

Thank you

This is a new SD card or you have already launched with the same version Armbian ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, balbes150 said:

This is a new SD card or you have already launched with the same version Armbian ?

It's the same one that works via USB. Attached is a screenshot with the exact message it gives me. My microSD is like the one in the picture.

photo_2018-06-06_22-45-26.jpg

memoria-sandisk-ultra-16gb-micro-sd-clase-10-full-hd-memorias-micro-sd.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, La Otra Cuenta said:

It's the same one that works via USB. Attached is a screenshot with the exact message it gives me. My microSD is like the one in the picture. 

So the reason is incorrect dtb. Try different dtb options.

 

3 hours ago, tediwildan said:

do you have any plan to make LUBUNTU distribution on amlogic s905x ?, I hope you will make it, it lightweight and it's good distribution, thank you

I do not plan to expand the options of images (they are already 6 pieces), their Assembly and verification take a lot of time. You can use a server image or Icewm and install ANY de shell on It.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

I do not plan to expand the options of images (they are already 6 pieces), their Assembly and verification take a lot of time. You can use a server image or Icewm and install ANY de shell on It.

 

Thank you @balbes150

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TX3 Pro amlogic s905x 1gb ram 8gb emmc, what is the correct dtb files for this model, is there anyone who have the same model? and success install armbian on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you @balbes150 for you ROM.

I have 3 different boxes.

A: 2G/16G, SV6501 WIFI. (MXQ Pro + 4K)

B: 1G/8G, (MXQ Pro + 4K)

C: 1G/8G.  (MXQ Pro 4K)

 

I tried 3 IMG's. 

a: Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20171226.img

b: Armbian_5.44_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20180515.img

 

<ISSUES>

IMG a

a1. wifi doesn't work for A/B/C. no ssv6051-wifi.

a2. can't install to emmc for C. (/dev/boot no such file or dircetory) (ddbr unable to found your emmc driver)
 

IMG b

b1. no error for wifi. but can't find it. even added wifi_dummy in /etc/modules

b2. HDMI can't be setted to 720P,  a1 could do it.

 

Can you tell me what's box's SPEC you have and the image tested  ok on it. 

 

And can I have you email, I have a special idea for the these. mine is 7188209@qq.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, YoungGu said:

Thank you @balbes150 for you ROM.

I have 3 different boxes.

A: 2G/16G, SV6501 WIFI. (MXQ Pro + 4K)

B: 1G/8G, (MXQ Pro + 4K)

C: 1G/8G.  (MXQ Pro 4K)

 

I tried 3 IMG's. 

a: Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20171226.img

b: Armbian_5.44_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20180515.img

 

<ISSUES>

IMG a

a1. wifi doesn't work for A/B/C. no ssv6051-wifi.

a2. can't install to emmc for C. (/dev/boot no such file or dircetory) (ddbr unable to found your emmc driver)
 

IMG b

b1. no error for wifi. but can't find it. even added wifi_dummy in /etc/modules

b2. HDMI can't be setted to 720P,  a1 could do it.

 

Can you tell me what's box's SPEC you have and the image tested  ok on it. 

 

And can I have you email, I have a special idea for the these. mine is 7188209@qq.com

For all. Kernel 4.16 does not support internal eMMC memory. Do not attempt to install to the eMMC. You get problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, YoungGu said:

a: Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20171226.img

This is an outdated version and all the issues you decide on your own.

 

13 hours ago, YoungGu said:

b1. no error for wifi. but can't find it. even added wifi_dummy in /etc/modules

This question has already been described several times in this topic.

 

13 hours ago, YoungGu said:

b2. HDMI can't be setted to 720P,  a1 could do it.

There may be many different reasons (incorrect data in dtb file, outdated firmware and u-boot, etc.), which depend on the hardware itself. This issue you need to decide with the equipment supplier.

 

13 hours ago, YoungGu said:

Can you tell me what's box's SPEC you have and the image tested  ok on it. 

The basic equipment provides me firm Khadas (VIM1 VIM2 etc). There are several variants of TV boxes Tronsmart Vega S95 (s905), S96 (s912) and s812. There are also many different noname s805\s905\s905x. All checks for S905X and S912 I spend on the equipment Khadas , part of the checks for s905\s912 I perform on Tronsmart. Check on the equipment noname I perform very rarely, on special request. Based on this, I can guarantee work on Khadas equipment. Other options are supported as optional as possible.

 

13 hours ago, YoungGu said:

And can I have you email, I have a special idea for the these. mine is

Information for communication you can find on this page or write to the PM.

https://github.com/150balbes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @balbes150 can you include the wifi drivers and dvb drivers for kii pro ?

 

The DVB drivers are maintained by afl1 here https://github.com/afl1/dvb_tv-aml

He includes them in his fork of the kernel here https://github.com/afl1/linux-amlogic/tree/amlogic-3.14-nougat/drivers/amlogic/dvb-avl

 

The wifi chipset is ampak ap6335 which combine Broadcom wifi chip and the Bluetooth chip

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the users of KODI 17.6 - when I want to go fast through the menu, so I hold a navigation button (up/down) of the remote-control to repeat the action fast.

Does your KODI 17.6 get stuck with the click'ing sound like click click click click click click click click click click click click  and never stops until reboot ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tido said:

To the users of KODI 17.6 - when I want to go fast through the menu, so I hold a navigation button (up/down) of the remote-control to repeat the action fast.

Does your KODI 17.6 get stuck with the click'ing sound like click click click click click click click click click click click click  and never stops until reboot ?

 

It's pulseaudio problem i saw this problem very often but if delet pulseaudio and alsa-utils problem was gone... But, without pulseaudio in linux(read as alsa) no easy way to use sound mixing(just one sound from one source in same time) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

~$ dpkg -l pulseaudio alsa-utils

PulseAudio sound server | Utilities for configuring and using ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture)

 

14 hours ago, talraash said:

no easy way to use sound mixing(just one sound from one source in same time)

under which circumstance do I need 2 sounds ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tido said:

under which circumstance do I need 2 sounds ?

Desktop notifications + web browser + video/music player for example?

And it's not about whether you need those sounds, it's about whether only the needed application will obtain the exclusive audio output (if you don't set up dmix).

 

1 hour ago, talraash said:

But, without pulseaudio in linux(read as alsa) no easy way to use sound mixing(just one sound from one source in same time) 

setting up ALSA dmix as the default output device is easy enough IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a problem with using snap (snapd) package installing on any kernel - whether it is 3x or 4x.

I can't install nextcloud through snap. It gets me errors, someone said it can be due to settings of the kernel.

Installing nextcloud through snap on Ubuntu desktop 18.04 is OK.

 

Is this a problem in armbian itself?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2018 at 9:22 PM, Reddwarf said:

Does any of the images have support for the Mali-T820MP3 GPU which is in the Beelink GT1 box? I'm considering to buy one....

What do you mean, support ?

 

On 6/10/2018 at 9:30 PM, MOHAMMAD HADI said:

can you include the wifi drivers and dvb drivers for kii pro ?

I'll see what I can do.

 

On 6/11/2018 at 10:25 AM, Tido said:

To the users of KODI 17.6 - when I want to go fast through the menu, so I hold a navigation button (up/down) of the remote-control to repeat the action fast.

Does your KODI 17.6 get stuck with the click'ing sound like click click click click click click click click click click click click  and never stops until reboot ? 

 

Yes, there is such a problem. This is due to the peculiarities of the KODI (in the version that I collect with the acceleration of HW). I hope the situation will improve with the support output in the "4.1 x" hardware decoding kernel for Amlogic. Before that, you will have to use the recipe described by talrash (remove conflicting packages).

 

On 6/11/2018 at 11:13 PM, Fozzy said:

Installing nextcloud through snap on Ubuntu desktop 18.04 is OK.

 

Is this a problem in armbian itself?

In the /boot directory there is a kernel config with which it is built, you can compare what options you need to add and build your own version of the kernel. All sources are freely available.

 

https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s905-kernel/tree/khadas-3.14

 

https://github.com/snapcore/sample-kernels/tree/stable-3.14.y/kernel/configs/snappy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 10:38 PM, zador.blood.stained said:

setting up ALSA dmix as the default output device is easy enough IMO

In my case dmix don't work correct on s905x device. I did not solve this problem, because these devices rarely need to mix sound from several sources. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 9:38 PM, zador.blood.stained said:

setting up ALSA dmix as the default output device is easy enough IMO

It is even easier, but thank you for the advice.

 

I followed this easy how-to, now I can let it click as much as I want, it stops clicking and keeps working :thumbup:

KODI wiki: HOW-TO: Disable PulseAudio and use ALSA (without removing PulseAudio) for Ubuntu
https://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio/HOW-TO:_Disable_PulseAudio_and_use_ALSA_(without_removing_PulseAudio)_for_Ubuntu

 

Would be nice if others test it and report back !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I just changed the user password from command line using
sudo passwd
 and I also tried sudo passwd user    (as user is the username I put it there ).

 

when I rebooted it , I entered the new password , system accepted it but it loop back again to the login screen asking for password. Any help in that ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, balbes150 said:

What do you mean, support ?

 

Does any image have drivers for this GPU and will it be utilized? Or is this GPU directly compatible with the Mali-450?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saurabh said:

Hi, I just changed the user password from command line using
sudo passwd
 and I also tried sudo passwd user    (as user is the username I put it there ).

 

when I rebooted it , I entered the new password , system accepted it but it loop back again to the login screen asking for password. Any help in that ???

I figured it out hihi :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Reddwarf said:

Does any image have drivers for this GPU and will it be utilized? Or is this GPU directly compatible with the Mali-450?

The modules for the kernel, but there is no libMali for Linux. There is libMali only for Android and to use it, you need the libhybris library (it is only under 32 bits).

mali-450 not mali-830

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

I'm using armbian 5.37 on my s905W , because 5.44 did not booted on microsd card.

I now use an USB hdd, still with 5.37. Did not tried 5.44.

Is there a way to upgrade to 5.44 ? Should it work with USB hdd ?

 

Thanks balbes150 !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, balbes150 said:

The modules for the kernel, but there is no libMali for Linux. There is libMali only for Android and to use it, you need the libhybris library (it is only under 32 bits).

mali-450 not mali-830

In other words, if I want to utilize the GPU there is no point buying a Beelink GT1 box?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
59 59