ARMBIAN for Amlogic S905 and S905X (ver 5.44 =<)

balbes150

11 hours ago, belaid38 said:

hi @balbes150   plz compile libreelec with kernel 4.17   . i need tested this i have wetek play 2 

What do you want to check ? I am using LE version with kernel 4.16 for Khadas VIM. The main functions work but there is no HW decoding yet.

Hi, there. I have a problem with the Armbian_5.44_S9xxx_Ubuntu_Ubuntu_bionic_4.16.1_server_20180523.img I get the following message the first time I start from microSD:

Gave up waiting for root device. Common problems: - Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline) - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?) - Check root= (did the system wait for the right device?) - Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)
The device is Mini MX s905 2GB/16GB GbE
I tried meson-gxbb-p200.dtb which is the one that starts.

Thank you

11 hours ago, La Otra Cuenta said:

The device is Mini MX s905 2GB/16GB GbE
I tried meson-gxbb-p200.dtb which is the one that starts.

Try using a USB flash drive. Perhaps this dtb does not work correctly SD card.

2 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Try using a USB flash drive. Perhaps this dtb does not work correctly SD card.

Indeed, through the USB it does start. Is it possible to add the microSD unit to the dtb correctly? I have no experience with this issue. Actually, the microSD is reading it, but it can't find the second partition. Or, at least, I think so.

Thank you

1 hour ago, La Otra Cuenta said:

Indeed, through the USB it does start. Is it possible to add the microSD unit to the dtb correctly? I have no experience with this issue. Actually, the microSD is reading it, but it can't find the second partition. Or, at least, I think so.

Thank you

This is a new SD card or you have already launched with the same version Armbian ?

8 hours ago, balbes150 said:

This is a new SD card or you have already launched with the same version Armbian ?

It's the same one that works via USB. Attached is a screenshot with the exact message it gives me. My microSD is like the one in the picture.

photo_2018-06-06_22-45-26.jpg

memoria-sandisk-ultra-16gb-micro-sd-clase-10-full-hd-memorias-micro-sd.jpg

10 hours ago, La Otra Cuenta said:

It's the same one that works via USB. Attached is a screenshot with the exact message it gives me. My microSD is like the one in the picture. 

So the reason is incorrect dtb. Try different dtb options.

3 hours ago, tediwildan said:

do you have any plan to make LUBUNTU distribution on amlogic s905x ?, I hope you will make it, it lightweight and it's good distribution, thank you

I do not plan to expand the options of images (they are already 6 pieces), their Assembly and verification take a lot of time. You can use a server image or Icewm and install ANY de shell on It.

Thank you @balbes150 for you ROM.

I have 3 different boxes.

A: 2G/16G, SV6501 WIFI. (MXQ Pro + 4K)

B: 1G/8G, (MXQ Pro + 4K)

C: 1G/8G.  (MXQ Pro 4K)

I tried 3 IMG's. 

a: Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20171226.img

b: Armbian_5.44_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20180515.img

<ISSUES>

IMG a

a1. wifi doesn't work for A/B/C. no ssv6051-wifi.

a2. can't install to emmc for C. (/dev/boot no such file or dircetory) (ddbr unable to found your emmc driver)

IMG b

b1. no error for wifi. but can't find it. even added wifi_dummy in /etc/modules

b2. HDMI can't be setted to 720P,  a1 could do it.

Can you tell me what's box's SPEC you have and the image tested  ok on it. 

And can I have you email, I have a special idea for the these. mine is 7188209@qq.com

8 hours ago, YoungGu said:

Thank you @balbes150 for you ROM.

I have 3 different boxes.

A: 2G/16G, SV6501 WIFI. (MXQ Pro + 4K)

B: 1G/8G, (MXQ Pro + 4K)

C: 1G/8G.  (MXQ Pro 4K)

I tried 3 IMG's. 

b: Armbian_5.44_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20180515.img

<ISSUES>

IMG a

a1. wifi doesn't work for A/B/C. no ssv6051-wifi.

a2. can't install to emmc for C. (/dev/boot no such file or dircetory) (ddbr unable to found your emmc driver)

IMG b

And can I have you email, I have a special idea for the these. mine is 7188209@qq.com

For all. Kernel 4.16 does not support internal eMMC memory. Do not attempt to install to the eMMC. You get problems.

13 hours ago, YoungGu said:

This is an outdated version and all the issues you decide on your own.

This question has already been described several times in this topic.

There may be many different reasons (incorrect data in dtb file, outdated firmware and u-boot, etc.), which depend on the hardware itself. This issue you need to decide with the equipment supplier.

The basic equipment provides me firm Khadas (VIM1 VIM2 etc). There are several variants of TV boxes Tronsmart Vega S95 (s905), S96 (s912) and s812. There are also many different noname s805\s905\s905x. All checks for S905X and S912 I spend on the equipment Khadas , part of the checks for s905\s912 I perform on Tronsmart. Check on the equipment noname I perform very rarely, on special request. Based on this, I can guarantee work on Khadas equipment. Other options are supported as optional as possible.

And can I have you email, I have a special idea for the these. mine is

Information for communication you can find on this page or write to the PM.

https://github.com/150balbes

Hi @balbes150 can you include the wifi drivers and dvb drivers for kii pro ?

The DVB drivers are maintained by afl1 here https://github.com/afl1/dvb_tv-aml

He includes them in his fork of the kernel here https://github.com/afl1/linux-amlogic/tree/amlogic-3.14-nougat/drivers/amlogic/dvb-avl

The wifi chipset is ampak ap6335 which combine Broadcom wifi chip and the Bluetooth chip

Thanks

To the users of KODI 17.6 - when I want to go fast through the menu, so I hold a navigation button (up/down) of the remote-control to repeat the action fast.

Does your KODI 17.6 get stuck with the click'ing sound like click click click click click click click click click click click click  and never stops until reboot ?

10 hours ago, Tido said:

To the users of KODI 17.6 - when I want to go fast through the menu, so I hold a navigation button (up/down) of the remote-control to repeat the action fast.

Does your KODI 17.6 get stuck with the click'ing sound like click click click click click click click click click click click click  and never stops until reboot ?

It's pulseaudio problem i saw this problem very often but if delet pulseaudio and alsa-utils problem was gone... But, without pulseaudio in linux(read as alsa) no easy way to use sound mixing(just one sound from one source in same time) 

~$ dpkg -l pulseaudio alsa-utils

PulseAudio sound server | Utilities for configuring and using ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture)

14 hours ago, talraash said:

no easy way to use sound mixing(just one sound from one source in same time)

under which circumstance do I need 2 sounds ?

24 minutes ago, Tido said:

under which circumstance do I need 2 sounds ?

Desktop notifications + web browser + video/music player for example?

And it's not about whether you need those sounds, it's about whether only the needed application will obtain the exclusive audio output (if you don't set up dmix).

1 hour ago, talraash said:

But, without pulseaudio in linux(read as alsa) no easy way to use sound mixing(just one sound from one source in same time) 

setting up ALSA dmix as the default output device is easy enough IMO

I have a problem with using snap (snapd) package installing on any kernel - whether it is 3x or 4x.

I can't install nextcloud through snap. It gets me errors, someone said it can be due to settings of the kernel.

Installing nextcloud through snap on Ubuntu desktop 18.04 is OK.

Is this a problem in armbian itself?

On 6/10/2018 at 9:22 PM, Reddwarf said:

Does any of the images have support for the Mali-T820MP3 GPU which is in the Beelink GT1 box? I'm considering to buy one....

What do you mean, support ?

On 6/10/2018 at 9:30 PM, MOHAMMAD HADI said:

can you include the wifi drivers and dvb drivers for kii pro ?

I'll see what I can do.

On 6/11/2018 at 10:25 AM, Tido said:

Yes, there is such a problem. This is due to the peculiarities of the KODI (in the version that I collect with the acceleration of HW). I hope the situation will improve with the support output in the "4.1 x" hardware decoding kernel for Amlogic. Before that, you will have to use the recipe described by talrash (remove conflicting packages).

On 6/11/2018 at 11:13 PM, Fozzy said:

Installing nextcloud through snap on Ubuntu desktop 18.04 is OK.

Is this a problem in armbian itself?

In the /boot directory there is a kernel config with which it is built, you can compare what options you need to add and build your own version of the kernel. All sources are freely available.

https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s905-kernel/tree/khadas-3.14

https://github.com/snapcore/sample-kernels/tree/stable-3.14.y/kernel/configs/snappy

On 6/11/2018 at 10:38 PM, zador.blood.stained said:

In my case dmix don't work correct on s905x device. I did not solve this problem, because these devices rarely need to mix sound from several sources. 

On 6/11/2018 at 9:38 PM, zador.blood.stained said:

It is even easier, but thank you for the advice.

I followed this easy how-to, now I can let it click as much as I want, it stops clicking and keeps working :thumbup:

KODI wiki: HOW-TO: Disable PulseAudio and use ALSA (without removing PulseAudio) for Ubuntu
https://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio/HOW-TO:_Disable_PulseAudio_and_use_ALSA_(without_removing_PulseAudio)_for_Ubuntu

Would be nice if others test it and report back !

Hi, I just changed the user password from command line using
sudo passwd
 and I also tried sudo passwd user    (as user is the username I put it there ).

when I rebooted it , I entered the new password , system accepted it but it loop back again to the login screen asking for password. Any help in that ???

1 hour ago, Saurabh said:

Hi, I just changed the user password from command line using
sudo passwd
 and I also tried sudo passwd user    (as user is the username I put it there ).

when I rebooted it , I entered the new password , system accepted it but it loop back again to the login screen asking for password. Any help in that ???

I figured it out hihi :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Reddwarf said:

Does any image have drivers for this GPU and will it be utilized? Or is this GPU directly compatible with the Mali-450?

The modules for the kernel, but there is no libMali for Linux. There is libMali only for Android and to use it, you need the libhybris library (it is only under 32 bits).

mali-450 not mali-830

Hi,

I'm using armbian 5.37 on my s905W , because 5.44 did not booted on microsd card.

I now use an USB hdd, still with 5.37. Did not tried 5.44.

Is there a way to upgrade to 5.44 ? Should it work with USB hdd ?

Thanks balbes150 !

10 hours ago, balbes150 said:

The modules for the kernel, but there is no libMali for Linux. There is libMali only for Android and to use it, you need the libhybris library (it is only under 32 bits).

mali-450 not mali-830

In other words, if I want to utilize the GPU there is no point buying a Beelink GT1 box?