Armbian for Amlogic S805 and S802/S812

masteripper

On 7/3/2020 at 4:09 PM, balbes150 said:

This DTB has a 100Mb LAN network. To launch the network, it is the closest to your model.

And meson8m2-mxiii has a 100Mb LAN network

I have try them all including this dtb but still i cant get no ip address..

New image 20200630-1. To file (uEnv.txt) added an option to configure the screen mode (VMODE). By changing it, you can try to choose a mode that your TV can possibly work with. For example, after installing (VMODE=720P), my TV switched to a resolution of 968 x 1080. You can try the 1080P25HZ 1080P30HZ mode and others. There are no guarantees that this will work, but you can try it.

For quick installation of any mode, I added in (uEnv.txt) the VMODE variable, through which I can quickly set any available mode. During testing, I discovered an interesting phenomenon. If  set any 1080p mode, the test monitor does not work. But if I set the 4K2K30HZ mode, when starting the monitor flashes several times and turns on the normal display (1920 x 1080) and begins to work correctly HDMI. Perhaps the reason for the lack of an image with the standard 1080p setting is due to incorrect data that the system is trying to get from the monitor (EDID). Forcing the "strange" 4K mode on forces the system to find the working mode and starts displaying the image correctly.

Tried to load Armbian_20.05.3_Aml-s812_bionic_current_5.7.0-rc2-g2faf66a18-dirty_20200427.img

but i am getting the following error (using the update method ) / USB.

E: Footer is wrong

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted. 

Firstly there are so many forums and topics on this subject it is very hard to find the information needed and it would be good if some form of up to date guide existed (if one does exist please link me to it)

So i have this box: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s805/others-ab/518407-mxpro-amlogic-s805-quad-core-cortex-a5-openelec-capable i cant really give a massive amount of information on it as there simply isn't any it seems to be a clone of a clone of a clone etc etc 

I'm really hoping to get linux running on it i have a original copy of my firmware that i can flash with USB burning tool if anything goes wrong and I've been trying a bunch of different versions from multiple forum topics however this seems to be the most up to date thread with a post being from yesterday

I just tried flashing: https://yadi.sk/d/_rQgn_FosYuW0g/20.08/20200816/Armbian_20.08_Arm-64_focal_current_5.7.15_desktop.img.xz onto my sdcard but there wasn't any uEnv.txt file for me to edit

In the past the closest i have gotten to getting the board working was using this image: https://yadi.sk/d/DnCkh3KBvAFES/Linux/Armbian/5.67/20181207/Armbian_5.67_Aml-s805_Ubuntu_bionic_default_3.10.108_desktop_20181207.img.xz however WiFi and Ethernet both didn't work and i didn't have the ability to test whether sound or anything else was working i used this https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bZhvNVOLdu-D6hcOE2hUEOnoDEOSKisS/view?usp=sharing dtb file (because I'm stupid i never noted down which one of the dtb files it was)

TL;DR i'm basically just stuck getting linux to run on this box and I'm hoping someone can help me as I've been trying for a while now

Hello all,

I've been quickly playing with device tree files to get better support for my S812 Minix X8-H Plus board, and achieved to get bluetooth/wifi suppport. Commit is here: https://github.com/amondit/linux/commit/c35d03b16a3c21d4da1f81d303044d99438da71c

It's WIP, I'll try to add more things if I have some time, and maybe get it included in Martin's branches (I have a PR opened, but may have to go through the mailing-list process).

For those willing to play with a compiled dtb file, I attached it in this post. It may be compatible (for now) with the MXIII Plus as the boards are very similar, except for the wifi/bt chipset but which is AP6330 vs AP6335 (but the dts/dtb file should work for both).

Once added to your boot partition (and referenced in uEnv.ini), you need also to add the amlogic brcm firmware files from https://github.com/kirill9617/brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml into /lib/firmware/brcm/

meson8m2-minix-neo-x8-h-plus.dtb

Thank you @balbes150 for your hard work, managed to install and use on my 5+ year old android box.

- Minix X8H-Plus.
- Armbian_20.07_Aml-s812_bullseye_current_5.8.0-rc3.img
- Default dtb, the one in the uEnv.txt file (meson8m2-mxiii-plus). Tried above @ntux dtb (meson8m2-minix-neo-x8-h-plus), no HDMI output, but mac address shown up on my router
- Ethernet works, not sure about wifi and bluetooth
- Only best for server image, display automatically changed to 720p on my 1080p-60 display

Seems stable and currently testing Pi-hole and Emby server (for direct play).

On 8/26/2020 at 9:18 AM, ntux said:

Hello all,

I've been quickly playing with device tree files to get better support for my S812 Minix X8-H Plus board, and achieved to get bluetooth/wifi suppport. Commit is here: https://github.com/amondit/linux/commit/c35d03b16a3c21d4da1f81d303044d99438da71c

It's WIP, I'll try to add more things if I have some time, and maybe get it included in Martin's branches (I have a PR opened, but may have to go through the mailing-list process).

For those willing to play with a compiled dtb file, I attached it in this post. It may be compatible (for now) with the MXIII Plus as the boards are very similar, except for the wifi/bt chipset but which is AP6330 vs AP6335 (but the dts/dtb file should work for both).

Once added to your boot partition (and referenced in uEnv.ini), you need also to add the amlogic brcm firmware files from https://github.com/kirill9617/brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml into /lib/firmware/brcm/

meson8m2-minix-neo-x8-h-plus.dtb 25.33 kB · 9 downloads

Thanks,

Any chance to get ( see ) NABD for dd copy? (Full install in memory)

Kudos balbes150 for the top notch work and organization!

I have an OTT M8S 2G RAM 8GB MMC that boots fine using either 

Armbian_20.07_Aml-s812_focal_current_5.8.0-rc3.img.xz or the debian equivalent. The problem is the network. I'm ok with wifi not working I suppose, but wired ethernet doesn't work either. I tried flashing older images too but those don't boot whatsoever. I get as far as the colourful pixelated screen. I even tried the desktop version of the latest s812 image which works fine but still no internet of any sort. Tried all the dtb files too btw, boot fine, no internet. Do you have any pointers? Any place I can get some drivers for the network interface? Thanks and keep up the good work.

On 9/7/2020 at 7:38 PM, menthorul said:

Try mxiii dtb

Tried using the following image Armbian_20.05.5_Aml-s812_bionic_current_5.7.0-rc6_20200523.img set the DB file as meson8m2-mxiii.dtb in the uEnv file. but so far no screen / or ip.

Tried the following image and the same thing , Armbian_20.07_Aml-s812_bullseye_current_5.8.0-rc3.img

Also tried removing "logo=osd1,loaded,0x7900000,${hdmimode},full " from the  uEnv file.

Edited by r2range

On 9/8/2020 at 11:17 AM, balbes150 said:

Try comparing the DTB sources from the firmware with the sources in the Armbian core.

Hi again, if you can point me to the right direction concerning the location of the DTB sources I would be grateful. Are they stored in nand memory? Really hoping I don't have to give up because of connectivity issues. Cheers!

I don't understand what to look for as I don't have a reference point with drivers that work. I've been all over the thread. As I've mentioned I've tried all the DTB files included in the image for s812. What I don't get is what I need to compare them with. How can I get a DTB that works? Does anybody else have this info? Thanks.

I still need some help kind of stuck on it :(

I did manage to install libreelec version 17.6 Kodi

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.2-MXIII-1G.img - and upgraded to 8.2.3

Everytime i try any image from armbian it doesnt work the screen will flick green / stripes ect.

I changing the DBT file , tried to copy it and change it to DBT.IMG or edit the .ini files so far no luck.

I have the following box : (MXIII 4k)

bF0pIXB.jpeg&key=c8f41e34b133bfa3e3a94ea

49 minutes ago, r2range said:

I changing the DBT file , tried to copy it and change it to DBT.IMG or edit the .ini files so far no luck.

What instructions are you following?  None of balbes150's images use these steps to configure in current builds.

9 hours ago, SteeMan said:

What instructions are you following?  None of balbes150's images use these steps to configure in current builds.

What instructions?

I did the following

-> Burn the Image onto the SD card

-> Edit the uenv.txt and point to the DBT file.

-> Put SD card inside my MX iii 4k and reboot.