CAN I USE ORANGE PI PLUS 2 images(OS) on ORANGE PI PLUS 2E

SwAyam Rishabh Dubey

As far as I can see the only difference is that the SATA Port is missing on the Plus 2E model.
So you could try the Plus 2 images - I think it could only give a error message because of the missing SATA-Port (Controller?)

http://www.orangepi.org/orangepiplus2/

http://www.orangepi.org/orangepiplus2e/

BUT for armbian there are -  by this time - 2 different download-pages available  :)
https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-plus-2/

and

https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-plus-2e/

59 minutes ago, guidol said:

As far as I can see the only difference is that the SATA Port is missing on the Plus 2E model.

That's not a SATA port but a broken USB-to-SATA bridge bethind an internal USB hub (both need power). So basically USB config is different and usually usb2 deactivated on OPi Plus (2) since there the USB receptacles are behind the internal USB hub while needed on OPi Plus 2E to be able to use all USB ports. Just check fex entry for usbc2 at https://github.com/armbian/build/tree/master/config/fex (which is also a suitable way to adopt outdated H3 board OS images for other H3 boards --> exchanging script.bin though I would really not recommend this especially with stuff like 'Kali' since focusing on security which is simply a bizarre joke with the exploit ridden laughable Android 3.4.39 kernel the available images rely on)

7 minutes ago, tkaiser said:

I would really not recommend this especially with stuff like 'Kali' since focusing on security which is simply a bizarre joke with the exploit ridden laughable Android 3.4.39 kernel the available images rely on)

https://www.quora.com/What-are-all-the-benefits-of-using-Kali-Linux

"... who want to front like they’re computer cracking experts just because they saw it on an episode of Mr. Robot" :D

Probably the best "Kali Linux experiences" would be Armbian Linux with modern kernel + those "cracking tools":

Nmap

Aircrack-ng

Kismet

Wireshark

Metasploit Framework

Burp suite

John the Ripper

Social Engineering Toolkit

Maltego

Ettercap

OWASP ZAP

43 minutes ago, Igor said:

"... who want to front like they’re computer cracking experts just because they saw it on an episode of Mr. Robot" :D

Probably the best "Kali Linux experiences" would be Armbian Linux with modern kernel + those "cracking tools":

Nmap

Aircrack-ng

Kismet

Wireshark

Metasploit Framework

Burp suite

John the Ripper

Maltego

Ettercap

OWASP ZAP

First of all thanks guys for your suggestions.  How can i download those KALI-TOOLS on armbian.  It would be helpful if you tell me because I'm really learning how to use those tools.

THANKS. 

1 hour ago, tkaiser said:

That's not a SATA port but a broken USB-to-SATA bridge bethind an internal USB hub (both need power). So basically USB config is different and usually usb2 deactivated on OPi Plus (2) since there the USB receptacles are behind the internal USB hub while needed on OPi Plus 2E to be able to use all USB ports. Just check fex entry for usbc2 at https://github.com/armbian/build/tree/master/config/fex (which is also a suitable way to adopt outdated H3 board OS images for other H3 boards --> exchanging script.bin though I would really not recommend this especially with stuff like 'Kali' since focusing on security which is simply a bizarre joke with the exploit ridden laughable Android 3.4.39 kernel the available images rely on)

A guy named LOBORIS has made few images(including Kali linux and Fedora) for opi H3 boards but there are no script.bin and uimage  for OPI_PLUSE_2E and it's years since LOBORIS has not updated that post.

If someone can provide me or tell me from where i can get these two things  i'll be olbliged.

Thanks.

sorry if said something NOOBISH i'm completely new in these feild.

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, Igor said:

Nmap

Aircrack-ng

Kismet

Wireshark

Metasploit Framework

Burp suite

John the Ripper

Maltego

Ettercap

OWASP ZAP

And i really don't know who the # is MR. ROBOT:rolleyes: and what he does. I just wanna learn how to use these things. THANKS:beer:

15 minutes ago, SwAyam Rishabh Dubey said:

A guy named LOBORIS has made few images(including Kali linux and Fedora) for opi H3 boards but there are no script.bin and uimage  for OPI_PLUSE_2E

And the kernel he used back then is horribly outdated, contains vulnerabilities like 'rootmydevice' and 'dirty COW' but no driver for onboard Wi-Fi. Also the thermal settings will fry your device. You won't have fun with this even if anyone explains you how to fiddle around with script.bin (which every search engine will tell you anyway) so better think twice about what you want to do. I would start with security basics first instead of looking for 'KALI-TOOLS' but this is not focus of this forum anyway. :) 

52 minutes ago, tkaiser said:

And the kernel he used back then is horribly outdated, contains vulnerabilities like 'rootmydevice' and 'dirty COW' but no driver for onboard Wi-Fi. Also the thermal settings will fry your device. You won't have fun with this even if anyone explains you how to fiddle around with script.bin (which every search engine will tell you anyway) so better think twice about what you want to do. I would start with security basics first instead of looking for 'KALI-TOOLS' but this is not focus of this forum anyway. :) 

Thanks for the suggestion sir.

You are right sir i'm really sorry:rolleyes: if i had asked something not related to this forum.

As @Igor said armbian+kali-tools would make a good cocktail which led me to find some ways to make it happen and then i came to know about this SCRIPT named KATOOLIN  .:ph34r: But that post stated that this script can be used with UBUNTU. CAN I USE KATOOLIN WITH ARMBIAN AS WELL?

Now i  am thinking about using ARMBIAN+KATOOLIN. Just want to know sir, is ARMBIAN stable and does it has any issues?

THANKS.

Just now, SwAyam Rishabh Dubey said:

But that post stated that this script can be used with UBUNTU.

https://docs.armbian.com/#what-is-armbian

Most of the utilities are installable from a standard Debian repository and all you need to do is: apt install name_of_the_package ....

Never heard of Katoolin tools before and I don't know if it work 100% on Armbian but since they say you need Ubuntu, get Ubuntu based Armbian. Simple as that. The problem might be if the tools were designed for some older Ubuntu and never updated ...

Low-level hardware support is far the best in Armbian so the decision is fairly simple. Are there any issues? Of course they are, but way way less than anywhere else. Neglectable.

is ARMBIAN stable and does it has any issues?

I'm using the Orange PI Plus2 as a MineCraft and Node-Red server with the newest Kernel from armbian (ARMBIAN 5.34.171116 nightly Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 4.13.12-sunxi  ) and so far no problems at all, haven't testet Wi-Fi, but it´s running great, It never crashes, it never overheats, even when the kids are releasing a few thousand animals and the cpu is running for hours at max speed and hitting around 60C. I startet out with the Lobonto image before finding armbian, and it was really bad, the thing constantly overheatet and I was about to throw the thing in the bin.

The Orange PI Plus2E is running Wordpress + NextCloud + Node-Red, and the story is the same here.

Then I have 4 Orange PI Zero H2+, and they run great to with no crashes, just as long as I dont use the Wi-Fi. But thats not Armbian that is the issue as far as I know, It´s just a bad chip design that cant handle anything.

I really hope the boardmakers are supporting Armbian, because without these developers, the boards would be worthless for most users. 

2 hours ago, DEHN.IO said:

I'm using the Orange PI Plus2 as a MineCraft and Node-Red server with the newest Kernel from armbian (ARMBIAN 5.34.171116 nightly Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 4.13.12-sunxi  ) and so far no problems at all, haven't testet Wi-Fi, but it´s running great, It never crashes, it never overheats, even when the kids are releasing a few thousand animals and the cpu is running for hours at max speed and hitting around 60C. I startet out with the Lobonto image before finding armbian, and it was really bad, the thing constantly overheatet and I was about to throw the thing in the bin.

The Orange PI Plus2E is running Wordpress + NextCloud + Node-Red, and the story is the same here.

Then I have 4 Orange PI Zero H2+, and they run great to with no crashes, just as long as I dont use the Wi-Fi. But thats not Armbian that is the issue as far as I know, It´s just a bad chip design that cant handle anything.

I really hope the boardmakers are supporting Armbian, because without these developers, the boards would be worthless for most users. 

Thanks sir I don't have opi plus 2e now but i've placed an order and i'll get it soon because earlier board was a piece of crap and didn't boot.

Does it really play videos at 60fps on 1366*768 resolution? as they are advertising it.

BTW thanks ARMBIAN community is so helpful. ORANGE PI COMMUNITY is ufff they have not approved me yet.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!