Vlado

NanoPC T3+ boot troubles

I use the FriendlyElec's img file working good.  but Armbian_5.59 can't boot.  at the end is always same:   random: crng init done

17 hours ago, aitek said:

I use the FriendlyElec's img file working good.  but Armbian_5.59 can't boot.  at the end is always same:   random: crng init done

FriendlyARM uses very different setup. They have their own u-boot and kernel. 

My board works perfectly fine: http://ix.io/1q1R with this image: https://dl.armbian.com/nanopct3plus/Debian_stretch_next.7z Running low on ideas. It can be some different board revision. Have you tried to boot without anything attached? Power and serial console only. Do you have plus model - with 2G of memory?

PSU = 5A

SD card = Samsung EVO32GB

i have change one SD card,but still have same problem.  at the end is show: crng init done. then freeze. but new 5.65 the screen can show the log. not like before always black.

I`ve installed Bionic and Stretch 2 days ago on my T3+, both worked fine.
I see there`s a segmentation fault. Is this a clue? RAM problem?

59 minutes ago, aitek said:

IMG_20181101_150922.thumb.jpg.36b539da378884a0292ae5ce763adb0d.jpg

i don't know. feel strange。 i use FriendlyElec ‘s img work good. but armbian cannot work. maybe my board have some problem?

13 hours ago, aitek said:

i use FriendlyElec ‘s img work good. but armbian cannot work. maybe my board have some problem? 

Maybe try ramtester in friendlyElec their img. I doubt this is your problem. But I don`t know anything else either.
Boot with nothing attached, try another psu, another sd-card, re-download the image, try an older image. But I think all this is done. And you don`t seem alone with the problem.
For me it all seemed to work fine. I`ve done a lot of benchmarks on it.

4 hours ago, aitek said:

it is have possible have two version nanopc t3 plus?

Yes, we have seen this in the past. They change memory modules for example which need adjustments in u-boot. We use different one ... which is adjusted to support booting modern kernel. To be able to start solving this problem a few components are needed: know-how, time and hardware sample.

Another strange thing is that my T3+ has the same revision numbers as yours - at least in mine there is: 1709, check memory chips. Sometimes they don't change revision number and change components. Haven't seen this at FA but elsewhere.

P1110334.JPG

If M3 image works on your board, you don't have T3+ but T3 ... or some other memory configuration. That is the only difference beside eMMC support.