NanoPI M4

mindee

Hi , this morning, 0830 NZ I was treating my Nanopi M4 V2 to a routine apt upgrade of armbian.

Just after this part of the update,

"Preparing to unpack .../20-linux-image-legacy-rk3399_20.05.3_arm64.deb ... "  

it threw up this message repeated several dozen times.

"23: /var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/preinst: [[: not found "

This may be a result of a script typo or similar. Where should I direct this feedback?

10 hours ago, mcfo said:

This may be a result of a script typo or similar. Where should I direct this feedback?

1st step =

armbianmonitor -u

Or at least detail description of which image did you start with, what you did, etc. 

On 9/30/2019 at 8:51 PM, NicoD said:

Yes it can. But only with Armbian as far as I know.
I made a video on how to install it onto NVMe. 

I now also have the NVMe hat for the M4. I love the thing. 
I've installed armbian bionic desktop with @JMCC his media script. Works great. 
Greetings.

Hi, I've bought the nvme hat for Nanopi M4 and it is working great,  however I can't get armbian (buster server kernel 4.4) to boot from it. When I go to armbian-config (system>install>boot from>) the nvme doesn't appear as an option for a destination, only two usb hdd.

The nvme is formated as ext4. What am I missing? Anyone knows what does the script check for listing the possible destinations for the boot?  

20 hours ago, n_b said:

Hi, I've bought the nvme hat for Nanopi M4 and it is working great,  however I can't get armbian (buster server kernel 4.4) to boot from it. When I go to armbian-config (system>install>boot from>) the nvme doesn't appear as an option for a destination, only two usb hdd.

The nvme is formated as ext4. What am I missing? Anyone knows what does the script check for listing the possible destinations for the boot?  

I assume you tried the other downloads and it worked ? like bionic server or desktop? I know bionic desktop works although i had a few errors which i had to fix in gparted to get it to install but either way it should pop up in boot from. Before you do anything type in "fdisk -l" in command terminal and see if it pops up in their.

Also what is the nvme your useing ? 

Just tested Integral M Series 128GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD 694mb read. Write i assume is the same but didn't test as i installed armbian on it. I will say you will need to format this drive in gparted and check for errors if the boot from throws up errors saying not enough memory.

2 hours ago, shaun27 said:

Just tested Integral M Series 128GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD 694mb read. Write i assume is the same but didn't test as i installed armbian on it. I will say you will need to format this drive in gparted and check for errors if the boot from throws up errors saying not enough memory.

Yes that it. I had to format it although it was already formated when I bought it, not sure how but I was able to use it. The script was using lsblk to check availble partitions and the nvme did only apear as disk (not part).  All working now.  Thanks @shaun27

20 hours ago, n_b said:

Yes that it. I had to format it although it was already formated when I bought it, not sure how but I was able to use it. The script was using lsblk to check availble partitions and the nvme did only apear as disk (not part).  All working now.  Thanks @shaun27

Just one more thing. Is there anyway of replacing the sd card without formating the nvme again or do I really need a  backup of the sd card after changing the boot system on amrbian-config? What I mean is to flash new armbian image and change some file on the sd card in order to boot from the nvme partition without changing it.

I've just realized that https://www.armbian.com/download/ only lists Nanopi M4 V2 but not Nanopi M4 (original version).  I looked specifically on https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-m4/ it has no recent ones but archives. 

Just wondered if it's perfectly fine to use image downloaded from

https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-m4-v2/

for Nanopi M4 original version.

Thanks

14 hours ago, Jerry Jyrer said:

if it's perfectly fine to use image downloaded from

We generate different images when images can't run without issues on both devices or when its too expensive creating support for both in one binary. Diff goes between not booting at all and lack of some functions. If this data is not marked / written somewhere, a research is needed to answer this questions. Try and report to M4V2 board maintainer if you discover something useful ...