1 1
TonyMac32

Lichee Pi zero

7 hours ago, sfx2000 said:

Nice work - must have been a bit of effort to squeeze a liter of code into 250 ml bucket...

ttyS0 pins on the pi's let me access all the hardware I want with the double din ui, socat serial socket does the job secure as a wired network, accessing hardware wifi would have been the easy way out and bad, imagine someone hacks that and they turn on the nos :angry:

350 would like to speak with you
350 had plenty of problems, it's biggest strength was how cheap it was. The Mopar 318/340/360 was/is a far better engine series.
@Tido@chwe next time say $6. :-P

The thing I see with the V3s is the fact that it appears to be in the same price arena as the H3, and without full vdec/venc/camera support it doesn't have a single benefit over the H3 or a decent micro (esp32, etc)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, TonyMac32 said:

350 had plenty of problems, it's biggest strength was how cheap it was. The Mopar 318/340/360 was/is a far better engine series.
@Tido@chwe next time say $6. :-P

The thing I see with the V3s is the fact that it appears to be in the same price arena as the H3, and without full vdec/venc/camera support it doesn't have a single benefit over the H3 or a decent micro (esp32, etc)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

for a cheap device it has the benefit of lower power and built in ram

10 hours ago, TonyMac32 said:

Old school SBC's - cheap horsepower - LS, breathes much better, and they're easy to find and build... 

Few years back, helped build a hella strong Chrysler RB 440 - over 700 BHP on the dyno on pump gas... modified class dirt track stock car..

10 hours ago, TonyMac32 said:

I'd agree - but it's hitting a different market than the H/R/A series chips...

V3s is not a POP package, so it's not clear if the 64MB is on the die, or just a multi-chip package... what would make it more interesting is more RAM (128MB?) and some flash...

Being QFP makes it really interesting for makers, and actually a smart move for Allwinner there.