3 3
pcconsult

X96 MAX (S905X2) with Armbian-ubuntu

Thanks @balbes150

Its seems a hard task!

Maybe I wait for someone create a dtb for A95X Max..........or someone send me some links to start....maybe to start in first step....

1. get the primary information to create an option for your model

Thanks

I finally “killed” my last tv box on s905x. How does s905x2 feel like in linux? According to synthetic tests, should the power of new soc be sufficient for sw video decoding up to 1080p? Does it make sense to pay a little extra and get boxes on the new soc?

I need some help :             (please forgive my english, it isn't my native language; also I'm a total newbie)

I managed installing armbian 5.82 under debian, and it booted, but it won't connect to any network even known I'm plugged in Ethernet to my modem.

I have a H96 Max and I choosed its dtb for the install.

4 hours ago, MemoLee51 said:

I need some help :             (please forgive my english, it isn't my native language; also I'm a total newbie)

I managed installing armbian 5.82 under debian, and it booted, but it won't connect to any network even known I'm plugged in Ethernet to my modem.

I have a H96 Max and I choosed its dtb for the install.

You could try this

36 minutes ago, amirul said:

You could try this

But mines runs a s905x2 , will it work? (sorry if I'm kind of annoying but don't know much about tinkering those things)

17 minutes ago, MemoLee51 said:

But mine runs a s905x2 , will it work? (sorry if I'm kind of annoying but don't know much about tinkering those things)

Sorry I read H96 Max from your post

On 5/4/2019 at 12:55 AM, talraash said:

I finally “killed” my last tv box on s905x. How does s905x2 feel like in linux? According to synthetic tests, should the power of new soc be sufficient for sw video decoding up to 1080p? Does it make sense to pay a little extra and get boxes on the new soc?

I have several options for S905X2. Video in MPV up to 1080p works with SW normally. There are small artifacts in the browser at 1080p. Is no support for audio via HDMI (expected within the next month), you need to use a USB sound card. And no support built-in WiFi and BT (need to use USB). If you take, the version with 4 GB of RAM and 1000 LAN port (and I recommend proven models for which there will be support). If there is no hurry, you can wait until the fall, then go new RK, it is more interesting models.

Do you have some dtb file to boot on km9 which use S905X2 SoC or it's not possible ?

I received one and it run android 9 on kernel 4. If i can bring you more infos easily i will.

Thanks.