0
1553416172@qq.com

allwinner h6 ethernet internal error

Recommended Posts

I have met an ethernet internal error. error log

 

[    2.003302] Internal error: Oops: 96000004 [#1] SMP
[    2.008184] Modules linked in:
[    2.011243] CPU: 1 PID: 33 Comm: kworker/1:1 Not tainted 4.19.12-sunxi64 #5.68
[    2.018458] Hardware name: Orange Pi One+ (DT)
[    2.022909] Workqueue: events deferred_probe_work_func
[    2.028045] pstate: 80000005 (Nzcv daif -PAN -UAO)
[    2.032837] pc : sun8i_dwmac_probe+0x16c/0x550
[    2.037277] lr : sun8i_dwmac_probe+0x21c/0x550
[    2.041715] sp : ffff000009273b00
[    2.045027] x29: ffff000009273b00 x28: 0000000000000000 
[    2.050337] x27: ffff000008d9eb30 x26: ffff000008c023a8 
[    2.055647] x25: ffff800077fe2308 x24: ffff000008c58000 
[    2.060957] x23: ffff800075164810 x22: ffff800075164800 
[    2.066267] x21: ffff800009a15c18 x20: ffff800075059c98 
[    2.071577] x19: ffff000008d88000 x18: ffff000008d90000 
[    2.076887] x17: 0000000000000001 x16: 0000000000000019 
[    2.082197] x15: ffff000008daa000 x14: 2e726f74616c7567 
[    2.087507] x13: ffff000008c96000 x12: 0000000000000030 
[    2.092816] x11: 0101010101010101 x10: 7f7f7f7f7f7f7f7f 
[    2.098126] x9 : feff727264626260 x8 : ffff0000092737c8 
[    2.103435] x7 : 0000000000000000 x6 : 0000000000000003 
[    2.108745] x5 : 0000000000000002 x4 : 0000000000000003 
[    2.114055] x3 : 0000000000000000 x2 : ffff000009273b70 
[    2.119365] x1 : ffff800009a16000 x0 : ffff800075164810 
[    2.124679] Process kworker/1:1 (pid: 33, stack limit = 0x(____ptrval____))
[    2.131635] Call trace:
[    2.134084]  sun8i_dwmac_probe+0x16c/0x550
[    2.138182]  platform_drv_probe+0x50/0xa0
[    2.142193]  really_probe+0x1c4/0x298
[    2.145857]  driver_probe_device+0x58/0x100
[    2.150039]  __device_attach_driver+0x98/0xf0
[    2.154397]  bus_for_each_drv+0x64/0xc8
[    2.158234]  __device_attach+0xd8/0x130
[    2.162070]  device_initial_probe+0x10/0x18
[    2.166254]  bus_probe_device+0x90/0x98
[    2.170089]  deferred_probe_work_func+0x74/0xb0
[    2.174621]  process_one_work+0x1e4/0x360
[    2.178631]  worker_thread+0x268/0x4b0
[    2.182381]  kthread+0x128/0x130
[    2.185611]  ret_from_fork+0x10/0x1c
[    2.189188] Code: f9401283 9101c3a2 aa1703e0 f9400463 (a9401464) 
[    2.195279] ---[ end trace 2d0d6db1bbcb41cc ]---

 

I try to solve this error, but I can not modify source code. running compile.sh scripts makes patch cover my work. The only way I know is to modify patch which makes debug process complicated and inconvinent. Furthermore, every time I running compiles.sh, it seems that most part of source code are downloaded from scratch. That waste a lot of time.

 

So,  I wander if there is a way just to modify source code and compile. With banning patch cover and redownload source code 

 

Or, is another way to fixed this error. 

 

A guy met this error,link:https://forum.armbian.com/topic/9131-h6-after-apt-upgrade/. I can not find a way to switch kernel version to 4.18.0-rc7

 

 


 

Edited by 1553416172@qq.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 1553416172@qq.com said:

I try to solve this error, but I can not modify source code. running compile.sh scripts makes patch cover my work.

The only way I know is to modify patch which makes debug process complicated and inconvinent.

with "modify patch" do you mean the patch-option inside  ./build/config-default.conf ?

CREATE_PATCHES="yes"   # wait that you make changes to uboot and kernel source and creates patches

Maybe you have less download when setting CLEAN_LEVEL to another value?
 

CLEAN_LEVEL="make,debs,oldcache"        # comma-separated list of clean targets: "make" = make clean for selected kernel and u-boot,
                                        # "debs" = delete packages in "./output/debs" for current branch and family,
                                        # "alldebs" = delete all packages in "./output/debs", "images" = delete "./output/images",
                                        # "cache" = delete "./output/cache", "sources" = delete "./sources"
                                        # "oldcache" = remove old cached rootfs except for the newest 6 files


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After you run

compile.sh

the first time a 

userpatches 

directory is created where you can place own patches.

 

Until now the only kernel known to work is 4.18.0-rc7.

 

Quote

A guy met this error,link:https://forum.armbian.com/topic/9131-h6-after-apt-upgrade/. I can not find a way to switch kernel version to 4.18.0-rc7

I do not know if pure Debian packages with this specific kernel image still existing somewhere, but AFAIK are the latest precompiled images for OPi 1+ and Lite2 are still shipped with this kernel. So if you have one of these boards you may start over and freeze the kernel from being upgraded using

armbian-config

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, guidol said:

with "modify patch" do you mean the patch-option inside  ./build/config-default.conf ?


CREATE_PATCHES="yes"   # wait that you make changes to uboot and kernel source and creates patches

Maybe you have less download when setting CLEAN_LEVEL to another value?
 


CLEAN_LEVEL="make,debs,oldcache"        # comma-separated list of clean targets: "make" = make clean for selected kernel and u-boot,
                                        # "debs" = delete packages in "./output/debs" for current branch and family,
                                        # "alldebs" = delete all packages in "./output/debs", "images" = delete "./output/images",
                                        # "cache" = delete "./output/cache", "sources" = delete "./sources"
                                        # "oldcache" = remove old cached rootfs except for the newest 6 files


 

modified config-default.conf, changed master to sunxi-4.18

#LIB_TAG="master"                       # change to "branchname" to use any branch currently available.
LIB_TAG="sunxi-4.18"                    # change to "branchname" to use any branch currently available.

 

and compiled, found out that cache/sources/linux-mainline/orange-pi-4.19/ still being used to compiled. Does it mean kernel version is 4.19 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, martinayotte said:

For this crash, you don't need to recompile kernel to get rid of it !

Simply edit DT to "disable" the "ethernet" ...

Thanks, good to know how to disable ethernet, but have to use ethernet on board. So have to find a way to fixed this bug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Werner said:

After you run


compile.sh

the first time a 


userpatches 

directory is created where you can place own patches.

 

Until now the only kernel known to work is 4.18.0-rc7.

 

I do not know if pure Debian packages with this specific kernel image still existing somewhere, but AFAIK are the latest precompiled images for OPi 1+ and Lite2 are still shipped with this kernel. So if you have one of these boards you may start over and freeze the kernel from being upgraded using


armbian-config

modify code and then using git to generate patches, copy or move patches to userpatches directory. Is it a correct manner for employing userpatched?

and still confused with armbian-config, what is it? And how to use. Does armbian-config point to config-default.conf

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I think this is the way to go.

 

armbian-config has nothing to do with the build system. It is a independent tool to set various system values, switch/freeze kernel version, and so on within a running Armbian system. Sorry for confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 1553416172@qq.com said:

good to know how to disable ethernet, but have to use ethernet on board. So have to find a way to fixed this bug

We, Armbian Devs, didn't found a way to fix that issue yet, so you will need another way to get ethernet, such as USB adaptor ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0