Stretch for Odroid C1+

sputnik

3 hours ago, chwe said:

Other download options with mainline 5.1 kernel..

... which can be quite useful, but AFAIK there is no video output. Serial console only. 

@sputnik

Feel free to investigate and fix this problem - all config files for legacy C1 are still present, just "default" target is disabled https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/boards/odroidc1.eos#L9 (you need EXPERT="yes" switch when building!) since it doesn't work IIRC. In case you manage to bring this configuration up (we can't help - you are on your own), we raise support to CSC level and I usually at least rebuild images when you or someone confirms that they are working. And forget about Stretch and kernel 3.10.y ... kernel is too old. Jessie, which is also EOL or Ubuntu Xenial only.

On 7/2/2019 at 11:51 AM, sputnik said:

Guys, is this ever happening? Jessie on C1+ doesn't work good enough, throws kernel panics and so on. Is Stretch still happening?

dont toss it ( I also didnt toss my Lime A10 or Cubieboard with A10 CPU ;) )

try stretch for the C1+ from 

https://dl.armbian.com/odroidc1/archive/Armbian_5.89_Odroidc1_Debian_stretch_next_5.1.8.7z

or any other image from https://dl.armbian.com/odroidc1/archive/
but then only as server and not as desktop...

10 hours ago, guidol said:

but then only as server and not as desktop...

Yup, and that's exactly what i need. I don't need no GUI no nothing, i just tried to use it as relay box for udpxy / iptv2rtsp-proxy and few other things. Frankly, i'd be happy with Jessie if it would work. But i get random crashes (every two / three days) like this one:

QvdQDk3.jpg

Since i also got C2 with the Stretch on it, which works just flawlessly btw, i thought, perhaps the the Stretch and 4.19 would do the trick and made my old timer C1+ work stable enough, so i can use my C2 for the greater good. :)

18 minutes ago, sputnik said:

Since i also got C2 with the Stretch on it, which works just flawlessly btw, i thought, perhaps the the Stretch and 4.19 would do the trick and made my old timer C1+ work stable enough, so i can use my C2 for the greater good.

The problem is sadly not that cheap -> most experienced people who are busy with recent hardware ... and their personal lives/problems would need to step up and fix u-boot and kernel (regardless of version) combo (user land called Stretch, Jessie, Bionic, ... is irrelevant since kernel and below is the key thing). Since this is a costly operation nobody will cover and since hardware is old/not very interesting, this will not happen. At least not just like that. There is some movement, our modern build is usable, perhaps one day someone will be sad and mad enough and waste a week to bring u-boot and remaining critical functions to this century. Or not :( 

If you want to use this board headless, use our 5.1.y but it has other limitations and is serial console only, no HDMI support ...

On 7/8/2019 at 10:15 PM, Igor said:

If you want to use this board headless, use our 5.1.y but it has other limitations and is serial console only, no HDMI support ...

Yeah, i guess i'll have to try it out as soon as i'll get the cable for serial console. Meanwhile i have another question: does Xenial for C1 use the same kernel with Jessie? I see they both use 3.10, but perhaps i should try Xenial out, if it's kernel ain't identical to Jessie's...