Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW (aarch64 ARMv8)

balbes150

On 2/5/2020 at 4:34 PM, jerryg said:

The 3.5mm jack is completely missing though. Not even listed in the alsamixer UI. As mentioned previously, this is not an issue.

I tried to build a new DTB with the inclusion of an additional 3.5 output. The device appeared, but I didn't find any sound. May need to configure it, or I specified the wrong parameters.

https://yadi.sk/d/Q40bC_wBJr9D9A

Hello balbes150;

I installed Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.036_Arm-64_buster_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200205.img on Tanix-TX3-Mini-S905W.  

Works like charm. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Great work!

Couldn't locate nand-sata-install.sh on this distribution. Copied from another image but it doesn't work. The devices has 16GB eMMC. Armbian-config also does not have this option. Any help to move image to eMMC is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Rajesh

34 minutes ago, Z11ntal33r said:

And is there a particular reason for not compiling using latest stable kernel or mainline as 5.5-rc6 is almost a month old?

The main core is a "dummy" (there are not many important patches in the source code). I'm using a core that has significantly more support for ARM than the main core.

With Ver 20.05.0  20200211 I can not boot from sdcard again. (Tronsmart S95 Pro (s905, 1/8 G)).

And another question: can I install in emmc from dual boot mode? I did not understand the procedure for installing in emmc.

Thanks to balbes for his work and providing the rich variety of all these aml, multi & aw-images!

Armbian_20.05.0-trunk_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200211.img.xz runs & installs nicely on my x96mini 2/16 s905w p281 testbox.

Depending on chip -I got several different hw-versions of x96m- even wifi works with AP6255(this pcb has imprint "Q6X V4.0 17392"), but I use ethernet cable anyway. Because I forgot to mute TV after some other test-scenario I got signal not only via analogue amp as usual. HDMI sound seems to be little overdriven/distorted on desktop-test-video without user regulation on box(TV was set just at 3 of 40 which is usually "near muted"..), while usb sound sends perfect and clean signal to old '93s Kenwood Stereo-Amp via 3.5mm jack.

By the way: I'll try this build on my creepy, stubborn, un-cooperative (flowfon/eachlink) H6mini 4/32 box next days too-would be nice if it works(on other, zero-overwritten card, with aw u-boot and aw changes), but I doubt it on this some kind of enchanted device which booted le for tx6 exactly one time and then never any armbian or LE again(no success with uart-reading other than garbage, found no working u-boot/dtb to boot from sd, usb or sd & usb together..)..

18 hours ago, noname said:

I can not boot from sdcard again

I checked the latest version on Telos from the SD card, everything starts and works. What systems were launched before ?

18 hours ago, noname said:

And another question: can I install in emmc from dual boot mode? I did not understand the procedure for installing in emmc.

On s905, the u-boot is too old and cannot be installed in eMMC with it. You can try replacing u-boot manually in eMMC with the latest version of u-boot-2019\2020, but there are no guarantees that this will work and there is a high probability of getting a hard-to-restore brick.

..just a quick report:
Armbian_20.05.0-trunk_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.5.1_desktop_20200212.img.xz also runs & installs nicely like before on my x96mini 2/16 s905w p281 testbox as always with ethernet connection and analogue usb sound.

On 2/12/2020 at 12:23 AM, Turgus said:

Because I forgot to mute TV after some other test-scenario I got signal not only via analogue amp as usual. HDMI sound seems to be little overdriven/distorted on desktop-test-video without user regulation on box(TV was set just at 3 of 40 which is usually "near muted"..),

Audio distortion is due to incorrect definition of the video output. On devices with the CVBS output description in DTB, when connecting HDMI devices via bad cables or adapters, the kernel cannot correctly identify the HDMI output and switches to CVBS, this causes incorrect modes for HDMI and audio through it.

8 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

kernel cannot correctly identify the HDMI output and switches to CVBS

As I got no issues with video output via hdmi and these crappy, tiny tv speakers are off usually, the distortion is no issue for me.
So that means, the internal av-port could be "activated" via cheap & bad HDMI cable? I didn't test for long time, but is then sound via cvbs 3.5mm jack available again too?!
That would be my perfect scenario: video via hdmi and sound via analogue internal 3.5mm jack-that would mean one usb available(1of2 is taken by keyboard always) for storage or other stuff because no usb sound is needed..

Armbian_20.05.0-trunk_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.5.1_desktop_20200213.img.xz also runs & installs nicely like before on my x96mini 2/16 s905w p281 testbox as always with ethernet connection and analogue usb sound. Box works as it should (for me)!..

On 2/12/2020 at 3:50 PM, balbes150 said:

You can try replacing u-boot manually in eMMC with the latest version of u-boot-2019\2020, but there are no guarantees that this will work and there is a high probability of getting a hard-to-restore brick.

I try this 

and result is the same as that of martinayotte.

After this i try install in emmc with script from Armbian_19.11.5_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.5.0-rc6_20200127 and get brick.

According to this instruction, it does not work out.
https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s905/wiki/s905_Unbrik_Amlogic_S905

..on other x96mini 2/16 Armbian_20.05.0-trunk_Arm-64_bionic_dev_5.6.0-rc1-next-20200214_desktop.img.xz runs & installs like it should, using as always ethernet and usb audio. Did no deeper comparison, but on first sight both versions(ver 20200213 kernel 5.5 and NEXT (5.6)) act and behave very similar, while 5.6 feels maybe somehow a part of a micro-second faster(or it is the other/newer revision of the pcb in this box!?)..

On 2/13/2020 at 5:13 PM, Turgus said:

Armbian_20.05.0-trunk_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.5.1_desktop_20200213.img.xz also runs & installs nicely like before on my x96mini 2/16 s905w p281 testbox as always with ethernet connection and analogue usb sound. Box works as it should (for me)!..

How did you do? Me it does not start on micro sd.
uEnv.txt:

LINUX=/zImage
INITRD=/uInitrd

# rk-3399
#FDT=/dtb/rockchip/rk3399-rock-pi-4.dtb
FDT=/dtb/rockchip/rk3399-nanopc-t4.dtb
APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=uart8250,mmio32,0xff1a0000 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

# rk-3328
#FDT=/dtb/rockchip/rk3328-box-trn9.dtb
#FDT=/dtb/rockchip/rk3328-box.dtb
#APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=uart8250,mmio32,0xff130000 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

# aw h6
#FDT=/dtb/allwinner/sun50i-h6-tanix-tx6.dtb
#APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0
#APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 mem=2048M video=HDMI-A-1:e

# aml s9xxx
#FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb
#FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb
#APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

Did you change anything else ??

You need to comment all unused lines out and delete the # in front of those lines the image should use. so for you right uEnv.txt would be:

LINUX=/zImage
INITRD=/uInitrd

# rk-3399
#FDT=/dtb/rockchip/rk3399-rock-pi-4.dtb
#FDT=/dtb/rockchip/rk3399-nanopc-t4.dtb
#APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=uart8250,mmio32,0xff1a0000 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

# rk-3328
#FDT=/dtb/rockchip/rk3328-box.dtb
#APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=uart8250,mmio32,0xff130000 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

# aw h6
#FDT=/dtb/allwinner/sun50i-h6-tanix-tx6.dtb
#APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0
#APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 mem=2048M video=HDMI-A-1:e

# aml s9xxx
FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb
APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

..your attempt had to fail as the first open link was that to rk-3399-nanopc dtb which surely doesn't work on amlogic device..

..at least this would be enough:

LINUX=/zImage
INITRD=/uInitrd

APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

17 minutes ago, Turgus said:

..at least this would be enough:

LINUX=/zImage
INITRD=/uInitrd

Thank you, it works on micro sd, but impossible to install it on emmc.
./install.sh does not work

34 minutes ago, Turgus said:

..you have to open a terminal on booted system and type:

sudo /root/install-aml.sh

for amlogic devices to install.

Great it works.
how can i find old versions for x96mini (ex: 5.78 stretch no desktop)

Hi, just install Armbian_20.05.0-trunk_Arm64_bullseye_current_5.5.1_20200213.img.xz on x905x2 (x96max 4/32, aml g12a) : audio via toslink, ethernet, vfat on usb3 and video on HDMI OK.

First time install on emmc. Reboot does not work every time : I have to put back the sdcard sometimes, boot on it and then reboot and remove the sdcard to boot on emmc again. Do I miss something?

3 hours ago, balbes150 said:

?

I mount an usb drive with vfat filesystem on usb3 (personal files, no system). I will try soon booting on it to test your next releases.

Can it be the reason for my reboot problem that I have got a usb drive plug during reboot?

balbes150, I can't have permission to send private message :(

The question is - what kind of u-boot i can flash into the X96 Android set-top box on the S905x processor in order to try to load armbian from eMMC?
Thanks

Spoiler

P.S. Здравствуйте, это я писал этот же вопрос в личку на freaktab :) я так понимаю - дело в старом u-boot? Скрипт то устанавливает armbian в eMMC, но запускается система только из внешнего носителя, как и прежде :( без внешнего загрузочного носителя безконечный бутскрин X96... Хочеться поэкспериментировать :)