Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW (aarch64 ARMv8)

balbes150

4 hours ago, noname said:

I have a Tronsmart S95 Pro (s905, 1/8 G).
The latest version (5.5.0-rc7) is not loaded, the logo just flashes cyclically.

With version legacy_5.5.0-rc1 , everything loads and works fine.

In all cases I use bionic (console and desktop), meson-gxbb-vega-s95-pro.dtb

1. Did you edit uEnv.txt file for aml and correct FDT in BOOT partition?

2. Did you apply u-boot with

sudo dd if=u-boot-odroid-n2.img of=Armbian_19.11.5_Arm-64_bionic_dev_5.5.0-rc7_desktop_20200124.img conv=notrunc bs=1 count=442

sudo dd if=u-boot-odroid-n2.img of=Armbian_19.11.5_Arm-64_bionic_dev_5.5.0-rc7_desktop_20200124.img conv=notrunc bs=512 skip=1 seek=1

4 hours ago, balbes150 said:

New version 20200125 with launch fix on S905 and running sound s905\s905x\s912.

This installed to internal without panics, running smoothly but still cpu speed is wrong for me on p212. Only 1000mhz max instead of 1200mhz.

14 hours ago, sivark said:

Could anyone guide me for A5X MAX, trying to boot "New version 20200125" from sdcard.

Amended uEnv.txt for RK3328 and used all dtb for FDT in BOOT partition but still unable to boot.

If you do not have a new version of u-boot installed in eMMC (with support for direct launch from USB), you only need to use the SD card to start it, and after writing the image Armbian to the SD card, additionally write the correct version of u-boot for your model to the SD card. This is described in the first message of the topic. Either use the SD+USB combination (if you have windows and can't use the add u-boot commands to the SD card), write only the new u-boot to the SD card, and write the Armbian image to a USB storage device. And connect them together to the TV box.

13 hours ago, stut said:

This installed to internal without panics, running smoothly but still cpu speed is wrong for me on p212. Only 1000mhz max instead of 1200mhz.

Search the forum for information about frequency settings, via cpufrequtils. And check the dtb that you are using.

2 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Search the forum for information about frequency settings, via cpufrequtils. And check the dtb that you are using.

There is only 1 p212 dtb file available. Cpufrequtils is configured ok and cpufrequtils doesn't decide with frequencies are available. I linked a full uart boot log and output of /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies in my previous post. The right frequencies are missing so cpufrequtil config doesn't matter. It runs around 5-10c higher than on CE or stock Android, I had hoped getting the right scaling steps could help there. Thanks for your answer.

On 12/8/2019 at 1:51 PM, balbes150 said:

Good news. Managed to find a way to work around the color issue on G12 platform + kernel =>5.4  with corrupted AML u-boot. You need to download and copy all the files from this directory to the media. New versions 20191208 already have some of the necessary files, you only need to add one  file u-boot.ext

Additional file download and copying (u-boot.ext) only need if your device screen color is not correct.

https://yadi.sk/d/MC2brPBu5bmW2Q

Balbes

Maybe you remind I sent you the gt1-mini-a DTB time ago :)

Now I'm playing with GT1-Mini-2 which is a S905X3, anyway it does boot with the GT1-Mini-A DTB (SEI610 boots but no Ethernet) when I get some time I'll mix both DTBs if some new stuff on the S905X3 merits

But as you now this new GT1-Mini-2 has the messed HDMI colors so I installed your u-boot.sd on my card and everything works fine. I noted that basically you load the new uBoot if a u-boot.ext exists but this is on s905_autoscript

So I wonder if I burn the eMMC (using your install-aml.sh) will this work also ? Because there is a emmc_autoscript which doesn't check for u-boot.ext existance. Do I need to create a custom emmc_autoscript ?

Thanks in advance 

10 hours ago, Juanjo said:

So I wonder if I burn the eMMC (using your install-aml.sh) will this work also ? Because there is a emmc_autoscript which doesn't check for u-boot.ext existance. Do I need to create a custom emmc_autoscript ?

All new versions of universal images have scripts that support color correction, including installation in eMMC.

3 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Added deb files with the new kernel to the site for manual kernel updates.

Thank you! I'm glad to see them return. Was missing those kernel and kernel header .deb files.

Attempting to use the unified image on H96 Max X2 (S905X2).

Previously, I could run Armbian_19.11.3_Aml-g12_buster_legacy_5.3.0_20191126.img from SD using the meson-g12a-x96-max-rmii.dtb and the toothpick start method.  Also install to eMMC was successful after editing DTB in extlinux.conf.

Now attempting to use Armbian_19.11.5_Arm-64_buster_current_5.5.0-rc6_20200127.img from SD using the same named dtb and toothpick start method but without success.  HDMI output is lost when boot process should start (unsure if it gets anywhere).

EDIT: I tried both the u-boot-odroid-n2.img and u-boot-odroid-c2.img for patching without success.

Any tips appreciated.

Andrew.

On 1/26/2020 at 11:25 PM, Rajesh said:

Is it possible to include the Wifi driver ssv6015 with the kernel in the new builds?

Or can you point me to the kernel source for the latest builds so that I can attempt to include this for a custom build?

Thanks

Rajesh

It should be main-line kernel with tag v5.5-rc6. You should use gcc-arm-8.3-2019.03-x86_64-aarch64-linux-gnu from developer.arm.com. I have successfully build modules.

9 hours ago, Andypoo said:

using the meson-g12a-x96-max-rmii.dtb and the toothpick start method. 

There is no such method for starting Armbian.  There is a one-time procedure for activating a universal multi-upload, for which it is possible to use the toothpick method (this is not the only way to activate it). However, this is a one-time procedure and cannot be used for continuous system startup.

What systems did you run on this device before ?

10 hours ago, Andypoo said:

EDIT: I tried both the u-boot-odroid-n2.img and u-boot-odroid-c2.img for patching without success.

Where did you get the instructions that you need to use these files ?

1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

There is no such method for starting Armbian.  There is a one-time procedure for activating a universal multi-upload, for which it is possible to use the toothpick method (this is not the only way to activate it). However, this is a one-time procedure and cannot be used for continuous system startup.

What systems did you run on this device before ?

Where did you get the instructions that you need to use these files ?

The system was running Android (unchanged) before.  I understood I needed to do the toothpick method to boot from SD card, maybe I was mistaken.

I understood from this thread that for the universal image, a u-boot file would need to be used, and above in this thread, it was suggested to someone else to use u-boot-odroid-n2 on an S905.

Andrew.

Update: It seems that the image does actually boot with odroid-n2 u-boot, but no HDMI out.  Network is working.  (And yes, no toothpick was necessary to boot from SD)

1 hour ago, Andypoo said:

I understood from this thread that for the universal image, a u-boot file would need to be used, and above in this thread, it was suggested to someone else to use u-boot-odroid-n2 on an S905.

This is incorrect information, show this message, it needs to be corrected.

The order of starting with color fixing is described in the first message of the theme, it specifies exactly what files you need to use and how to configure the system.

10 hours ago, starman345 said:

Do you have nvme drive for your NanoPC-T4?

Yes, there is (for the test, I tried a cheap NVMe Orico 128GB model). and it is immediately visible in the system. I can use it to host data. Now I have an Armbian version installed in eMMC with the new u-boot and I can run any system from USB media (SD card is no longer required). By the way, the regular fan also works, it works silently. I liked this model, it is well balanced and has everything you need to use as a mini PC. It remains only to deal with analog sound via Jack 3.5.

ver 20.02.0-rc1 20200129

The sound works on all models S9xxx, rk3399 , rk3328 , aw h6.

Please note that to enable audio on g12 chips s922x s905x2 (models Ugoos AM6, Ugoos x2, Odroid N2 etc), you must follow the instructions specified in the first message.

Hi, i do not understand how to boot latest image, do i need to delete all the options in uenv.ini and leave only amlogic lines with correct dtb, in my case khadas vim3 dtb?

I did those steps, and the board only shows khadas logo and reboots after few seconds, nothing is wrong with the board, Android works normally.

Is there maybe something specific with g12-b boarda that doesn't allow the board to boot armbian.

I did a search, but don't really understand what am i doing wrong, as far as i understood, this u-boot fix is already included in the last image?

On 1/26/2020 at 10:21 AM, xadieu01 said:

I have x96 air with lan gigabit version. Everything boot ok with meson-sm1-sei610.dtb but lan didn't work. Can everyone help me to fix it? I tested coreelec with s905x3-4gb-1G.dtb, lan gigabit worked fine

Thanks!

Try GT1-Mini-A DTB

18 hours ago, balbes150 said:

ver 20.02.0-rc1 20200129

The sound works on all models S9xxx, rk3399 , rk3328 , aw h6.

Please note that to enable audio on g12 chips s922x s905x2 (models Ugoos AM6, Ugoos x2, Odroid N2 etc), you must follow the instructions specified in the first message.

My sound still not working. Removed pulseaudio and ran script, but in alsamixer seems the same. Any other tip?