1 1
Werner

solved Amlogic forum adjustments

Recommended Posts

For the Amlogic S905(x) forums add S912 and S922 to it? I don't think there is a need to divite those into the other supported boards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Want Armbian t-shirt or a cup?

I agree. The way it is now isn't optimal.
4 x Allwinner with SoCs that aren't that far apart from each other.

We could make Allwinner 1 mainthread with in there the subdivision of all the boards.
The same for Rockchip, Amlogic NXP and Armada. And maybe Samsung too for the NanoPC T3+, NEO3, XU4...

It's a detail in the working of the forum. But it would look better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK. Let's join others ideas too and think about? 

 

- creating / updating tags? Per each forum.

- join some forums? There is no clear distinguish between general purpose forums.

- ping moderators, remove unresponsive ones?

...

 

Then we make changes in one go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Move RK3399 to Bugtracker since we have boards that are "supported" already (Orange Pi 4 for example).

- We COULD merge some stuff but I wont do it because as it is right now it is divied by board family (for example: A20, H2+H3 are sunxi while H5/A64 and H6 are sunxi64).

- Remove "board does not start" forums entirely since those issues could also be posted in the equivalent board family subforums within "Bug tracker"?

    -- As from SEO perspective could also be made read-only with the hint to write further issues into the forums described above

- Merge common issues and peer to peer technical support?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 4:08 PM, NicoD said:

We could make Allwinner 1 mainthread with in there the subdivision of all the boards.

Isn`t this just a different way of sorting it, but basically the same as it is right now?

 

9 hours ago, Werner said:

Remove "board does not start" forums

This is some sort of 'garbage collector'  and is there to keep to standard Forum clean.

 

11 hours ago, Igor said:

ping moderators

some haven`t logged in for months: https://forum.armbian.com/members/2-moderators/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tido said:

Isn`t this just a different way of sorting it, but basically the same as it is right now?

 

On 8/2/2020 at 4:08 PM, NicoD said:

It's a detail in the working of the forum. But it would look better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 6:39 AM, Werner said:

For the Amlogic S905(x) forums add S912 and S922 to it?

 

Done. Now moving topics (with link leaving there) to this forum is needed. In case someone finds time, otherwise I'll do it later.

On 8/3/2020 at 7:11 AM, Werner said:

A20, H2+H3 are sunxi while H5/A64 and H6 are sunxi64

 

Readability is also a matter, not just logical mixing. Here perhaps simply merging H6 into H5/A64 won't be that bad and its even logical.

 

On 8/3/2020 at 5:02 PM, Tido said:

This is some sort of 'garbage collector'  and is there to keep to standard Forum clean.


Agree. That should stay as is. It should be there for "urgent, stupid things or combination of both with a bad luck. Most boards doesn't start due to bad powering and that will not just go away. But we can add a restriction that post have to be approve by moderator in any case ... ?

 

On 8/3/2020 at 7:11 AM, Werner said:

Merge common issues and peer to peer technical support?

 

Yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Igor said:

But we can add a restriction that post have to be approve by moderator in any case ... ?

Huhh, why? Everybody who has a problem getting started should have a chance to write.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tido said:

Huhh, why? Everybody who has a problem getting started should have a chance to write.

 

And would increase the pressure on moderation too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So since the release is out we should catch up here.

Open topics are what I found so far:

 

- Merge common issues and peer to peer technical support

- Merge H5/A64 and H6 to complete sunxi64 family (?)

- creating / updating tags? Per each forum. Done for bugtracker. Other forums need individual attention

- ping moderators, remove unresponsive ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aight. Since I now had a chance to get kind a overview I suggest to do the following with the tags/prefixes

  • Disallow the use of tags in the bug tracker forums since there is no real use for them. Information like mainline and so on is included in the armbianmonitor output which is mandatory anyways.
  • Allow "help" and "solved" as possible prefixes for topics only where "help" is the default and enforced prefix for new topics. Moderators and the users themselves are allowed to change that if appropriate.
  • This has been implemented in the Allwinner A20 forums only for now for testing purpose.

 

(Note to myself: Add saved action to flip prefix to solved if possible)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Werner said:

and "solved" as possible prefixes

I think solved should be in green color,  help maybe red?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tido said:

I think solved should be in green color,  help maybe red?

Of course. And they are already :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for my safety on board I checked all 3 themes (I am on Standard), I am not colorblind as far as I know.

 

So, ur smiley says: not yet ;)

 

// sent from mobile phone //

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

grafik.png.0e7ff1021094cdb9a62c1128473ad661.pnggrafik.png.ff700a7dfbe8a2a662fbe54a79f5f913.png

 

Are we talking about the same thing? :o

 

 

 

 

  

18 hours ago, Werner said:

Aight. Since I now had a chance to get kind a overview I suggest to do the following with the tags/prefixes

  • Disallow the use of tags in the bug tracker forums since there is no real use for them. Information like mainline and so on is included in the armbianmonitor output which is mandatory anyways.
  • Allow "help" and "solved" as possible prefixes for topics only where "help" is the default and enforced prefix for new topics. Moderators and the users themselves are allowed to change that if appropriate.
  • This has been implemented in the Allwinner A20 forums only for now for testing purpose.

 

(Note to myself: Add saved action to flip prefix to solved if possible)

@Igor@lanefu would be nice to get your opinion (or simply yes or no) to this so I can push this further!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solved yes - useful info, help is a bit pointless since this is what most people in those forums do - asking for it. Not worth any special attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tido said:

hmmmm

grafik.png.5b3293add5e0556df22163f6a5a12f56.png

This is a tag, not a prefix. I did not remove any existing tags. They just can no longer attached to existing or new topics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I am not absolutely sure about the next step has anybody a good reason why not to merge A64/H5 and H6 forums together? If not I'll do that in about 24h from now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The development or the problems they face should be more or less the same... I guess.  @martinayotte  and @Igor  do you see mayor differences in like temp-sensor, DVFS and such?

 

64-bit

Allwinner A64 (sun50i)  4 x Cortex-A53 CPU-core

Allwinner H5   (sun50i)  4 x Cortex-A53 CPU-core

Allwinner H6   (sun50i)  4 x Cortex-A53 CPU-core

Source: https://linux-sunxi.org/Allwinner_SoC_Family#.22A.22-Series

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allwinner A64, H5 and H6 (sunxi64)

  I am just wondering, why sunxi64  and not  sun50i?

Last but not least why is such an extension not on the H2 & H3 and A20?

 hmm, and the Amlogic is missing  Meson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I was thinking about to add these codenames...but I think I remove it again to to confuse newbies...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 1