Firefly Station M3 (rk3588s)

balbes150

The first version of Armbian images for Station M3 rk3588s (rk3588s-roc-pc) is available.

the launch is very simple - download, unpack, burn to an SD card, connect to the device and turn on the power. The system starts automatically. At the first launch, perform the initial setup in the same way as all Armbian-enabled devices.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/-zSW21XKN0pfIA

Create a forum tag ( station-m3) for it and move to unsupported rockchip? What do you think?

Hello, yesterday I received the rk3588s-roc-pc 😃 and I installed the distribution after changing the cooler and feeding at 3.3v (luckily it came with the old version, with a radiator).

It works fine, thanks. A problem would be with the Apple Magic Wireless Trackpad, which does not emulate the right button or click.

I also installed Synaptic and gnome to try.

How can it be solved with the touchpad?

A good day!

Edited by blondu

The usb c output also works as video port 2
I did not try simultaneously!

I think it's the same problem with any touchpad.

I measured the temperature in idle mode, it remains at 41 celsius and when playing YouTube 4k at 51 celsius.

The Power on off button works.

Edited by blondu

10 часов назад, blondu сказал:

Can the operating system be installed internally on the mmc?

If eMMC is visible, the process is possible, but pay attention, I have not checked this mode and the consequences are not known.

I installed the OS M3 system on the mmc, the modified android, but I quickly returned to Armbian.
I didn't solve it with the touchpad, I work with the mouse.
The price seems to remain around $310, but there is an extra case and remote control.
The sale seems to start after September 1.

I discovered the problem with the Apple trackpad, it is not activated when compiling: # CONFIG_HID_MAGICMOUSE is not set and must be activated as a module: CONFIG_HID_fMAGICMOUSE=m, can it be recompiled for activation or activate only the respective module?
Thanks, I couldn't find the source code...

22 минуты назад, blondu сказал:

In the m2 slot, it recognizes the sata ssd, at the moment I will not test it.

I plan to add another DTB in which NVMe mode will be enabled and for those who need NVMe, it will be enough just to edit extlinux.conf and specify DTB for NVMe.

13 часов назад, blondu сказал:

n what mode does the ssd work, sata mode or PCIe Gen2 with a bus?

By default, SATA mode is enabled, to switch to NVMe, you need to change DTB (switch SATA mode to NVMe).

13 часов назад, blondu сказал:

with chromium webgl how to set hardware?

Add the necessary to the source code (libraries, ffmpeg, browser, etc.) and build a new version

1 час назад, blondu сказал:

I don't know what I will do with the 64Gb eMMM

I have long suggested to Firefly to make eMMC a removable module, or at least reduce its size and produce a model with 8 GB of eMMC. If you place the u-boot in SPI, eMMC will not be needed at all and you can significantly reduce the price. Perhaps if more users write to them about this, they will listen and release an additional version without eMMC. :)

1 час назад, blondu сказал:

sata that reads and writes with approximately 500Mb/s.

In the coming days I am waiting for the delivery of NVMe 2242 models, I think their speed will be significantly higher than SATA.

By the way, it would be good to collect the results and links to SATA\NVMe models that have been tested in work on M2\m3\p2 and post this information on the official Fyrefly forum and here..

1.I looked for data on access speeds for the three types of boards and the best documented is the store where the access speed for each m2 ssd is specified: Station M2, Station P2 and Station M3, the RK3588S chip is smaller than the RK3588, the pci bus is reduced as bandwidth so I'm curious how it behaves with NVMe 2242.

2.I have a Wi-Fi 6E 2x2 MT7921K M.2 module renamed AMD RZ608 from GMKtec NucBox 5 does it work in M.2?

Edited by blondu