Jump to content

ARMBIAN for Amlogic S905 and S905X (ver 5.44 =<)


balbes150
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 20.09.2017 at 10:29 AM, MOHAMMAD HADI said:

how to get fw_printenv and fw_setenv working in mainline kernel images ?

I haven't tested these utilities on core 4.x

 

On 20.09.2017 at 10:30 PM, purplepumkin said:

It seems "arm-none-eabi-cpp" is missing.

I hope you are using a 64 bit system and installed the 32 bit multilib ?

 

 

To all

Update test image  4.14.0-rc1-next-20170922.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Search Before Posting!

On 9/24/2017 at 5:59 PM, purplepumkin said:

 

I nearly ordered that one too, but it seems it's not capable of displaying any UI higher than 720p. The frame buffer doesn't wanna go higher. The wifi might be unsupported. I might pick it up again though. It looks nice and the manufacturer has an actual website with updates. 

 

Getting it to boot shouldn't be much of a problem. Then it would be a matter of compiling the right modules to get all the hardware to work. There's a thread over at freak tab about the "issues" and this cute little box. 

Thanks for the link, on that forum someone already tested libreELEC everything works except the wifi, hopefully everything will work in the near future

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a Nexbox A95X (S905) that I'm looking to experiment with. I've downloaded the latest stable copy from the Yandex website (Armbian_5.32_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20170907.img.xz) and despite following the instructions, it doesn't seem to work.

 

I initially tried to follow the instructions on the Wiki, but it's in Russian. Then I tried the freaktab forum and followed the instructions there. Here's what I did:
-> Downloaded the file ending in .img.xz and extracted the .img file

-> Used HDDRAW to write the image to a MicroSD card

-> Opened the drive, copied nexbox_a95x_s905.dtb to the root and renamed it to dtb.img

-> Booted up the machine and plugged in the card

-> Opened the app UPDATE&BACKUP, clicked on Select (Under Local Update) and selected aml_autoscript.zip

*After confirming the process, the device rebooted twice and never went anywhere beyond that.*

 

I had first tried a test image, but the keyboard and mouse didn't work.

 

I'm not sure what to do from here? If anyone's got any ideas, that'd be appreciated.

Edited by Devon
Added more useful information
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2017 at 3:57 AM, balbes150 said:

Try to start the system without the "dtb.img". If that doesn't help, you need to try other dtb files. Are you sure you have the model S905 (not S905X) ?

 

Alright. I'll try what you suggested.

 

And yes, I'm sure it's the S905 model.

T4w6el6.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01.10.2017 at 2:13 PM, purplepumkin said:

I guess I can remove Kodi from lightdm, why is it trying to start that up instead of showing me desktop?

Use the selection menu to run the graphic shell on login screen in lightdm.

 

On 02.10.2017 at 3:09 AM, purplepumkin said:

Building the -next kernel from source errors out.

The source code for the Assembly version-NEXT, change very quickly. You need to keep track of adding or changing the necessary patches for building it.

 

12 hours ago, Devon said:

Alright. I'll try what you suggested.

 

Try to use all the options dtb gxbb-*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

thanks for all your work, but I have a problem when trying to using your images (xenial_server_3.14 or debian_server_4.14). I bought recently an Alfawise H96pro+ (3G DDR3/32G) and i can't boot with your images.

I have a black screen without any lights from the box itself. Then I open the box and use a serial2usb key and got the following message after clicking update within android and after the box stopped:

...
[  121.784675@0] reboot reason 3
bl31 reboot reason: 0xd
bl31 reboot reason: 0x3
system cmd  1.

GXM:BL1:dc8b51:76f1a5;FEAT:ADFC318C:0;POC:3;RCY:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;0.0;CHK:0;
TE: 50518

BL2 Built : 11:58:42, May 27 2017. 
gxl gc3c9a84 - xiaobo.gu@droid05

set vdd cpu_a to 1120 mv
set vdd cpu_b to 1050 mv
set vddee to 1000 mv
Board ID = 3
CPU clk: 1200MHz
DQS-corr enabled
DDR scramble enabled
DDR3 chl: Rank0+1 @ 720MHz - PASS
Rank0: 2048MB-2T-11
Rank1: 1024MB-2T-11
DataBus test pass!
AddrBus test pass!
-s
Load fip header from eMMC, src: 0x0000c200, des: 0x01400000, size: 0x00004000
New fip structure!
Load bl30 from eMMC, src: 0x00010200, des: 0x01100000, size: 0x0000d600
Load bl31 from eMMC, src: 0x00020200, des: 0x05100000, size: 0x00018400
Load bl33 from eMMC, src: 0x0003c200, des: 0x01000000, size: 0x00064000
NOTICE:  BL3-1: v1.0(release):3348978
NOTICE:  BL3-1: Built : 15:44:01, May 12 2017
NOTICE:  BL3-1: BL33 decompress pass
mpu_config_enable:ok

[Image: gxl_v1.1.3221-2cfba69 2017-05-27 16:03:58 qiufang.dai@droid07]

OPS=0x82

wdt: reset registers!

30 fb 90 e1 cc a5 72 13 4d 1c d3 b [0.261510 Inits done]

secure task start!
high task start!
low task start!
ERROR:   Error initializing runtime service opteed_fast


U-Boot 2015.01-g6842d86-dirty (Jul 27 2017 - 22:09:32)

DRAM:  3 GiB
Relocation Offset is: b6eb9000
register us

The stock android firmware is based on android 7.1.2 and the board is from 20170728. The problem seems to appear before linux start. I tried with and without a dtb file from librelec (only for kernel 4), since my previous X96 (s905x) works well with your images running desktop but I saw that recent images requires it. Am i wrong somewhere in the process, or is there a specific problem to my uboot or maybe something else I don't understand ?

Edited by jeanrhum
Sorry, wrong post, I was also looking this topic... Can somebody move to S912 please?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick question, does anyone know what a Trongle Seguro X4 actually is?  It is supposed to be an S905X, but I'm guessing it's someone else's design rebadged.  My friend has one and it's crap, before tearing into it I wanted to see if there was anyone else unfortunate enough to have this mystery box.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well thank you for the info and the work provided, i actually needed it very much!;) Besides of this it's really interesting!
I'm really thankful for this forum. I have some serious health problems, and i spend a lot of time searching for drug coupons, but here i spend time and i feel so much better!:wub:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hillz said:

Can I triple boot my tvbox with android, LibreELEC and this Armbian Image ?

Burn the image Armbian to the media. Reactivate multiboot from media Armbian. You will then be able to run any OS with external drives in any quantity

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2017 at 7:12 PM, balbes150 said:

Burn the image Armbian to the media. Reactivate multiboot from media Armbian. You will then be able to run any OS with external drives in any quantity

I'm sorry I don't quite understand yet, Correct me if I'm wrong:
1. First I have to burn the armbian image to an SD card
2. Then boot to armbian from my sd card on my tv box

Then how do I reactivate multiboot from armbian ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hillz said:

I'm sorry I don't quite understand yet, Correct me if I'm wrong:
1. First I have to burn the armbian image to an SD card
2. Then boot to armbian from my sd card on my tv box

Then how do I reactivate multiboot from armbian ? 

To capture the image Armbian on the SD card and activate with this SD card miltiboot. Install Armbian in eMMC is not necessary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am using your latest image for the Amlogic S905x or S9xxx (4.14.0) and I am trying to install a kernel module (Wi-Fi dongle), but I am missing the kernel headers. The ones that are in the ARMBIAN/test/deb folder in Yandex are for the previous kernel. Are there any suggestions or ideas on what to do?

 

 

BTW: I really appreciate what you're doing on porting Linux to these Amlogic boxes. I really do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Xsavi Xander said:

I am using your latest image for the Amlogic S905x or S9xxx (4.14.0) and I am trying to install a kernel module (Wi-Fi dongle), but I am missing the kernel headers. The ones that are in the ARMBIAN/test/deb folder in Yandex are for the previous kernel. Are there any suggestions or ideas on what to do?

 

 

BTW: I really appreciate what you're doing on porting Linux to these Amlogic boxes. I really do.

System kernel 4.x change very quickly, so I don't post packages from them. You will be able to build your own kernel from current sources.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone.

I found at home a Beelink Mini mxIII which seemes to have 1gb ram and s905 chipset.

I burned armbian on sd. I had to load dtb.img ( meson64_odroidc2.dtb ) on boot folder ( without it does not boot ).

Wifi does not work. Video is lagging but first I would to install os into EMMC.

I ran sudo /root/install.sh.

Every seems to work fine, installation completed then I shut down it, remove the SD card and wait for boot.

Unfortunately it does not boot without sd card.

 

I have noticed that install.sh script creates files in /ddbr/install/aboot folder which are not used so they remains in the SD card. Maybe should I manually move them into MMC boot folder? 

 

Thank you in advance.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Luca Gessi said:

Hi everyone.

I found at home a Beelink Mini mxIII which seemes to have 1gb ram and s905 chipset.

I burned armbian on sd. I had to load dtb.img ( meson64_odroidc2.dtb ) on boot folder ( without it does not boot ).

Wifi does not work. Video is lagging but first I would to install os into EMMC.

I ran sudo /root/install.sh.

Every seems to work fine, installation completed then I shut down it, remove the SD card and wait for boot.

Unfortunately it does not boot without sd card.

 

I have noticed that install.sh script creates files in /ddbr/install/aboot folder which are not used so they remains in the SD card. Maybe should I manually move them into MMC boot folder? 

 

Thank you in advance.

To use the new dtb file (with the new placement of the sections) you need to start to erase the old data dtb (dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb), record the new (dd if=dtb.img of=/dev/dtb), restart the system and check how the recorded new data.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, balbes150 said:

To use the new dtb file (with the new placement of the sections) you need to start to erase the old data dtb (dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb), record the new (dd if=dtb.img of=/dev/dtb), restart the system and check how the recorded new data.

I powered it on with SD card. Erased dtb, recorded using dtb.img inside /boot/, which I added, but it does not boot anymore, not even with SD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rename the file s905_autoscript  to aml_autoscript and try starting while pressing the reset button (the toothpick method).

Use the correct dtb file for writing (don't use the file from odroid).

In the dtb file from Odroid no descriptions for eMMC.

Edited by balbes150
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...