1 1
Igor

Forum upgrade

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, lanefu said:

that'll work too!


It worked for some time ... :) But the actual problem was that cron job (which also handle purging of this table) was running with too low interval.  Well, this is now sorted out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Igor, can you please look into joining forums without being shown in 'active user' list (I check the box but it doesn't work) and also what happened to subforum 'hints' (check forum first, google search link and so on).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are hidden from here if you mean that? This works as expected, but you see yourself of course.

 

Hints has to be rewritten or perhaps only enabled back. Since search work decently, we might not need to expose alternative that much, only as a optional, not as a "must use".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been poking around forum and few things are changed or added. 

Worth mentioning / summary:

- topic authors can always edit first posts,
- quote and edit buttons moved under gear icon,
- no horizontal separators in the user bar,
- member menu is avatar only,
- "Create new content" in menu changed to plus icon

- search box is squared

- minimised breadcrumb, posts and forum statistics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for further tweaking. One more issue: When combining spoiler tag and code element linebreaks got lost for me several times yesterday and the day before. I thought it would be related to 'code style' being HTML by default (can this be changed to 'none' instead?) but had to realize that this happened always. So for me feeding huge amounts of debug output in threads like this and trying to keep the stuff readable by using 'Reveal hidden contents' as often as possible it got a bit time consuming repeating all the stuff inside spoiler tags again each time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, tkaiser said:

When combining spoiler tag and code element linebreaks got lost for me several times yesterday and the day before.


OK, have to check if this is know problem at theirs forums ;) and I hope there is some fix / solution. Most of those new features are part of some plugin. I remain novice to forum code.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28.2.2017 at 7:20 PM, RagnerBG said:

The biggest problem is Unread Content/All activity. This focusing on posts and not topics itself is not comfortable for me.

Is there any chance to get that back as it was ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can you please return previous theme for mobile phones? It was really fast and comfortable on mobile devices. Sad, but new forum have't any mobile theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, borombo said:

can you please return previous theme for mobile phones? It was really fast and comfortable on mobile devices. Sad, but new forum have't any mobile theme.

 

Unfortunately not possible.  Latest version uses one theme for desktop and mobile, which is responsive and AFAIK the only forum engine related image is our 3kb PNG logo. The rest are icons, which are also very small in size. HTML rendering might be a problem on some very old devices. Is this the case?

I am reading forum with Tapatalk, when using mobile, but I checked via browser and it doesn't appear slow to me. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Igor said:

 

Unfortunately not possible.  Latest version uses one theme for desktop and mobile, which is responsive and AFAIK the only forum engine related image is our 3kb PNG logo. The rest are icons, which are also very small in size. HTML rendering might be a problem on some very old devices. Is this the case?

I am reading forum with Tapatalk, when using mobile, but I checked via browser and it doesn't appear slow to me. :unsure:

Try Opera Mini on any hi-end device and you will understand how it looks here)

for example forum with and without mobile theme: (but nevermind, this applies ony opera mini)

tmp-cam-2058297122.jpg

tmp-cam-1789519962.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange, but on my mobile phone it works exactly the same as on stock browser (Chrome). Try with default theme - it's less complex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can i edit attachments in profile? I don't see "add image" anymore (not tested bbcodes/html codes), so i add attachment, but i can't figure out how to remove it, if i add something wrong, for example. And if i don't add some picture somewhere in post, it seems to appear at the end of the post. Editing and removing it, have no effect. Unused picture is still there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoover over the attached picture and in a right bottom corner you have "Delete".

BTW: To edit picture settings, double click it when insert into post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Igor said:

Hoover over the attached picture and in a right bottom corner you have "Delete".

BTW: To edit picture settings, double click it when insert into post.

I must be blind, thank you :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zador.blood.stained said:

To be fair the double click editing is not obvious


I discover this when looking how to delete attached picture. It was also unknown to me :) BTW: there was a small update yesterday. This might be generally useful: 

  • Activity Streams can be created with condensed view as default.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Igor said:

I changed ranks - any objections ?

Split people with 0 approved posts (newly registered) from people with 1 or more posts?



I'm assuming PM limitation (anti-spam measure) and posts premoderation is based on member class/title.

Otherwise this community is kind of niche and not active enough to use this fancy stuff, except for maybe tagging developers/contributors regardless of their posts count. Also these dots without a tooltip are not self-explanatory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the old system you had an option to search by the message ID.  So far I have not found an equivalent in this new incarnation.  Were the old IDs transferred, and can they be searched for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, zador.blood.stained said:

I'm assuming PM limitation (anti-spam measure) and posts premoderation is based on member class/title.


It's based on group settings and on old forum this part was solved a bit different ... but I fixed this now. Until you don't have approved post, you can't do anything except changing profile picture.

Member title is depended only from post count or it's custom.

 

35 minutes ago, zador.blood.stained said:

Otherwise this community is kind of niche and not active enough to use this fancy stuff, except for maybe tagging developers/contributors regardless of their posts count. Also these dots without a tooltip are not self-explanatory.


For those things we have groups and I am also thinking into this direction for some time. I'll check how-to.

 

39 minutes ago, tomsaul said:

 

In the old system you had an option to search by the message ID.  So far I have not found an equivalent in this new incarnation.  Were the old IDs transferred, and can they be searched for?

 


No idea. Not that familiar with forum :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zador.blood.stained said:

except for maybe tagging developers/contributors regardless of their posts count


Technically it's done, but we have to define clearly who shell get it? Currently it's enabled for you, me.

I have to edit user per user - add them to the group "contributors" manually via admin panel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Igor said:

Technically it's done, but we have to define clearly who shell get it? Currently it's enabled for you, me.

I started to write the list of people, but now I'm starting to dislike my idea. There are people who are active on forum in general and come here to answer rather than to ask, there are people who helped with separate things or made contributions to the repository... so I don't want to rely on my memory and subjectivism for "tagging" people. IMO this should be disabled, sorry for the inconvenience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zador.blood.stained said:

IMO this should be disabled, sorry for the inconvenience.


Agree. It's too broad term. Let's forget about this ... disabling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
1 1